THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
manschesthair_utd
hendos_right_hook
Fedorable
Bulldog67
poz
pinsman
Moose Stuff For Money...
redmeanie77
Paddyjock
13 posters

UFC 111 (SPOILERS)

Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

UFC 111 (SPOILERS) Empty UFC 111 (SPOILERS)

Post  Paddyjock Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy (170-pound limit)

Round one: Hardy standing tall and looks good. GSP doesnt even waste any time and gets a lighting quick take down instantly. Hardy works his way to full guard. GSP passes to half guard and Hardy lands some punches. Side control for GSP. Hardy scrambling to his feet but GSP jumps onto his back and has both hooks in. Hardy reverses position and gets to his feet, but GSP takes him right back to the mat. GSP passes to half guard effortlessly. St Pierre mounts now!! Hardy rolls and gives up his back again and GSP is high on his back. GSP has the arm bar deep!!! Its locked out big time and somehow Hardy gets out with rubber arms!!! WOW amazing escape. Not much damage done but GSP controlled the round. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Round two: Jab from Hardy. Inside leg kick from GSP. Both men miss big punches. Another insanely quick single leg take down from GSP. Hardy tries to get to his feet and GSP has his back again. Hardy shrugs him off and now Hardy is in the top position. Full guard for GSP. GSP hip escapes to his feet. Nice right from Hardy. Head kick from Hardy lands. Inside leg kick from GSP then a good right. Leg kick from Hardy. Inside leg kick from GSP then a superman punch. GSP again with a fast double leg take down. Full guard from Hardy. Thats the round, Hardy looks good on the feet but he cannot stop these take downs. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Round three: Hardy throws a big right, but GSP ducks under and gets a big take down. Full guard for Hardy. Some punches and a elbow from GSP. More elbows from GSP. Nice punches for GSP. Hardy looks to have been poked in the eye. GSP postures up and Hardy looks for a triangle but GSP passes to side control. GSP looking for a kimura. Hardy slips out and avoids trouble. Side control for GSP still. Hardy to his feet and is taken right back down. Hardy scrambles and GSP has the back again. Hardy slips out but GSP uses his leg to trip him and land a punch. Pretty boring fight, but GSP is dominating. 10-9 St. Pierre.

Round four: GSP gets the take down right away with ease. Full mount for GSP and he gets the back again as Hardy scrambles. Hardy uses a leg to get on top briefly and GSP reverses instantly. GSP postures up and throws some punches. Side control for GSP now small elbows but not much action at all. GSP locks in a DEEP kimura and Hardy is trying to hold out from tapping. GSP not giving up yet though and still cranking it deep. Hardy somehow slips out of another submission. This guy must have rubber arms. Side control for GSP still. Hardy to half guard. GSP looking for a knee bar but the round ends. 10-9 St. Pierre and unless there is a miracle this fight has been long over.

Round five: Inside leg kick from Hardy. Jab from GSP then leg kick. GSP again with a easy take down and he is back on top. Hardy tries for a triangle. GSP to side control. GSP has his back again. Hardy with an elbow. Knees from the side from GSP. GSP now trying to grab a hold of a leg. Another kimura attempt from GSP. Hardy not tapping though. Hardy is out now. GSP to side control. GSP throwing some punches and elbows but not much else going on. Kimura attempt from GSP but nothing there. Hardy scrambles and GSP has his back again and gets a big slam. GSP in full guard. Leg lock from GSP but the bell rings. 10-9 St. Pierre never a doubt in this one.

Final result: Georges St. Pierre defeats Dan Hardy via Unanimous Decision

-end-

Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin (265-pound limit)

Round one: Both men keeping distance feeling out the other. Mir light on his feet. Mir throws a combo and hits nothing and Carwin pushes him against the cage. Carwin holding onto a leg and throwing short punches looking for an opening. Knees from Carwin to the thigh. Body shot from Carwin. The ref breaks them up. Right from Mir barely lands. Mir charges and lands a good combo, counter right from Carwin and now Carwin pushes Mir against the cage. Quick flurry of action there. Knees to the thigh from Carwin. Carwin lands a few big uppercuts!! Now he is pounding away with vicious punches!!! Mir is hurt bad and Carwin is throwing an onslaught of bombs at Mir!! Thats it Mir is out cold and this fight is over. WOW, amazing finish from Carwin. Insane!

Round two:

Round three:

Final Result: Shane Carwin defeats Frank Mir via TKO (Strikes) Round 1

-end-

Ben Saunders vs. Jon Fitch (170-pound limit)

Round one: Saunders with a kick. Fitch with a leg kick and right to the body. Fitch clinches up and is landing some knees to the body. Saunders pushes Fitch against the cage. Fitch reverses position with double under hooks. Knee to the thigh from Fitch. Fitch now with the take down. Saunders with butterfly guard. Fitch throws the legs looking to pass. Fitch with some serious body shots. Nice punches to the head from Fitch. Fitch now into half guard. Fitch peppering in some punches trying to grind out the energy from Saunders. Nice right from the bottom from Ben. Saunders shooting his legs high for a triangle. Elbows from Saunders now. Fitch with an elbow from the top. Nice right from Fitch. Up kick from Saunders. Two big elbows from Fitch to close out the round. That was a classic Fitch round and he won it easy. 10-9 Fitch.

Round two: Inside leg kick from Fitch and then a high kick to follow. Nice uppercut from Fitch and he bull rushes Saunders into the cage and is now working a take down. Fitch picks up Saunders and slams him to the mat. Fitch relentless with his ground and pound throwing constant punches. Saunders has no answers for Fitch right now. Fitch now into half guard. Fitch landing some punches. Non stop elbows and punches from Fitch and Saunders is bleeding from his nose now. The crowd boo's and Mergliota stands them up for what reason i have no idea. Fitch with the clinch again. Fitch leaning against Saunders on the cage. Knees from Fitch to end the round. Once again another 10-9 round for Fitch. Saunders needs a prayer.

Round three: Big right from Fitch, he charges in and gets the clinch again. Big uppercut then left from Fitch. Inside leg kick from Fitch. Big right from Fitch then a knee to the body and now he is going for the take down. Fitch with knees to the body. The ref separates them once again why idk. Big right then left from Fitch stuns Saunders. Fitch now working a single. Fitch now with the back. Uppercut from Fitch on the break. Big right from Fitch drops Saunders and now he is on top. Nice elbow from Fitch. Fitch postures up and lands some big hammer fists. Nice punches from Fitch from the top and he is just non stop grinding. Big elbow from Fitch and another. Saunders is cut above his eye now. Fitch is throwing elbows and punches to close out the round. 10-9 Fitch again and he won this fight easy. Fitch controlled from start to finish and set and maintained a relentless pace.

Final result: Jon Fitch defeats Ben Saunders via Unanimous Decision

-end-

Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek (155-pound limit)

Round one: Nice right from Bocek lands flush then he goes for a shot. Miller with the sprawl and trying to defend. Bocek holding onto the single. Miller drops down for the guillotine but Bocek slips out. Miller to his feet and they both land knees. Miller with a high knee of his own. Knee from Miller on the break. Inside leg kick from Miller finds its mark. Nice right from Bocek then again he shoots and gets a big slam for the take down. Rubber guard from Miller. Brief Oma Plata from Miller and Bocek now working from side control. Miller works in half guard. Miller cranks out Bocek's arm with a kimura!! Wow this fight could be over!!! Miller sweeps him and is on top and Bocek is about to tap!!! Oh man somehow Bocek finds his way out of the Kimura. Amazing transition and now Miller is on top and doing some damage, Bocek bleeding from the head. Thats the bell close fight but Miller might have stole it with the close submission attempt. 10-9 Miller.

Round two: Right from Bocek. Bocek charges in with the take down again. He gets it easy and now moves into half guard. Bocek slides his way into side control. Miller works right back into half guard. Bocek postures up but doesnt land anything good. Bocek looking for an arm triangle choke but Miller regains guard quickly. Bocek postures up and misses again. Miller goes for a heel hook!! Bocek does two twirls and again escapes. Full mount for Bocek now. Elbow from the top by Bocek. Miller gives up his back now. Body triangle for Bocek now also. Bocek traps millers arm with his legs now!! Bocek looking for a choke. Bocek still working to soften him up and get the choke but Miller is showing awesome defense for a one armed man. Miller somehow stands up with one arm trapped to his feet and slams Boceks head to the mat!!! Thats the bell, Bocek controlled the round but Miller is still looking impressive. 10-9 Bocek.

Round three: Great fight so far here we go for the stretch run. Big uppercut from Miller to start and then a good left. Inside leg kick from Miller. Right from Bocek. Straight right from Miller and then he follows with a body shot and kick to the body. Shot from Bocek stufffed by a Miller sprawl. Inside leg kick from Miller. Jab from Bocek. Body shot from Miller. Bocek reaches for a double and Miller defends with his back against the cage. Miller lands two good knees and a right and is now going for his own take down. Bocek reverses and puts Millers back on the cage again still looking to take it to the ground. Bocek gets a high single and trip and gets a brief take down then Miller scrambles and Bocek gets an over under position. Miller back to his feet now still sprawling out. Bocek again with a high single and trip for a take down. Miller trying to reverse it and get it to the feet. Miller grabs the back for the last 10 seconds and holds on till the bell. Great fight and another close round it could go either way but because of the take downs that round id lean towards Bocek. 10-9 round for Bocek.

Final result: Jim Miller defeats Mark Bocek via Unanimous Decision

-end-

Fabricio Camoes vs. Kurt Pellegrino (155-pound limit)

Round one: Jab from Camoes then he grabs a leg and spins around to the back. Their against the cage now. Wow Camoes gets a throw and lands some hammer fists. Camoes now on the back of Pellegrino while he is standing and he is peppering in some punches looking for a choke. More punches from Camoes. Camoes briefly has the choke and now has it under!! Pellegrino still on his feet while being choked!!! Pellegrino slams Camoes face into the mat and gets out of the choke!! Pellegrino has the back now and then reverses to the top. Camoes for a triangle now but Pellegrino escapes. Nice elbows from Pellegrino. Pellegrino to side control now but Camoes has hold of a choke. Pellegrino is out now and has the back but Camoes spins around back to full guard. Nice elbow from Kurt. Pellegrino controlling the action now using punches and elbows. Thats the bell and it was a close one but Pellegrino might have stolen it after and interesting near choke while Pellegrino was on his feet. 10-9 Pellegrino.

Round two: Inside leg kick from both guys. Camoes shoots and Pellegrino stuffs it and jumps on top now. Pellegrino looking to advance position. Nice uppercut from Pellegrino on the release as both men back to their feet. Pellegrino with another take down and is in full guard. Elbows from Kurt. Pellegrino jumps into mount position!!! Punches and a big elbow from Pellegrino. Camoes hip escapes into half gaurd. Pellegrino with good elbows and punches. Camoes looks gassed. Pellegrino has him against the cage and is landing punches. Nice knee from Kurt. Camoes to his feet but Pellegrino holds him down. Pellegrino right into side control now. Pellegrino has the back now! Pellegrino has the choke locked in deep!!! Thats it Pellegrino finishes the fight with a choke and looks amazing while doing it. Kurt Pellegrino controlled that fight and looked the best he has ever in the octagon.

Round three:

Final result: Kurt Pellegrino defeats Fabricio Camoes via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Round 2
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

UFC 111 (SPOILERS) Empty Re: UFC 111 (SPOILERS)

Post  Paddyjock Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Is there anyway to stop the GSP takedown?? His control of Hardy last night was amazing. Unfortunately it makes for a fairly boring fight. I haven't seen he stats but the fight must have been on the feet for less than 2 out of the 25 minutes. Hardy was powerless to stop the takedown but I felt GSP didn't do enough from dominant positions. Hardy did well not to tap from the armbar or the kimura but GSP should of really finished that fight.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:02 pm

By the way - I can't think of a more boring fight in the UFC currently than if Fitch was to get a rematch with GSP!! Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:11 pm

I guess Mir's new size worked in helping him stuff takedowns but it doesnt make him a better wrestler. Carwin went "Randy" on Mir yesterday and pressed him against the cage and dirty boxed until he got a gap and was able to throw those uppercuts and hurt Mir.

Mirgliota is a joke for not stopping it sooner.

But my word, Carwin sure has frightening amount of power behind those fists. No one could have survived that.

I dont know who will win between Brock and Carwin, i think Brock will struggle to dominate him, and could well be tagged and finished if Carwin connects in the standup.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:03 pm

The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board today distributed the list of medical and disciplinary suspensions from Saturday night's "UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy" event to MMAjunkie.com

Medical Suspensions:
    - Frank Mir: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
    - Mark Bocek: Suspended 30 days for scalp laceration
    - Rory Markham: Suspended 30 days for facial laceration
    - Tomasz Drwal: Suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left knee and ankle
    - Jared Hamman: Suspended indefinitely pending X-rays of right foot; also suspended minimum of 60 days due to lacerations on right foot
    - Matthew Riddle: Suspended indefinitely pending CT scan

Disciplinary Suspension:
    - Rousimar Palhares: Suspended 90 days for not releasing submission
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Mir was dominated last night by Carwin and Carwin now looks good to really push Lesnar!! which is great!

Now the GSP fight... thought Hardy put in a awesome performance, stopped GSP from doing much damage from very dominant positions... Although GSP is a great wrestler I'm getting really bored watching his fights, other than the two sub attemps which Hardy managed to some how get out of, GSP had nothing else to offer really think he's getting alot like Jake Sheilds, too reliant on his wrestling, and it makes for boring viewing... I'm really dissappointed.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Finally, we are talking about it! Very Happy
    I'm gutted for Mir, can't help liking him even though he seems a bit of a tool at times. Is seems he really struggles against the bigger heavies? Serious good punches from Carwin though, and I thought it went on a little longer than is should have.
    I do find GSP boring, but he obviously has a plan and sticks to it, nice to see Hardy escape a couple though.
    The fight I most enjoyed was Pellegrino, when I have time I'll look up some more of his fights.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Georges St.Pierre v Dan Hardy
    GSP clinic, simply too good for Hardy. Dan showed a lot of heart but never looked like troubling GSP. I'd liked to have seen GSP try and stand with Dan for a while just to see how he'd cope.

Frank Mir v Shane Carwin
    Hugely impressive win for Carwin. I didn't think he'd be able to dominate Mir like that. The Brock fight should be good.

Ben Saunders v Jon Fitch
    Fitch is a great fighter but he's dull.

Jim Miller v Mark Bocek
    I thought Bocek had just done enough to nick this one. It was a close fight though.

Rousimar Palhares v Thomas Drwal
    Palhares is a quality fighter, the UFC needs to step him up in competition. He should have released the sub sooner but the ref was quite slow at reacting as well.

Kurt Pellegrino v Fabricio Camoes
    This was an enjoyable fight. Camoes seemed to gas in the second and Pellegrino took control.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:36 pm

same tune from me, GSP has taken the game to a whole new level, and i know i should admire it as he doesnt look like he is gonna be beaten, but fuck is it boring to watch, its goin down the matt hughes path of bein majorly dominant but will end up with a tarnished legacy coz fans and viewers will start to get turned off big time.

and as for Fitch, paddyjock got that bang on, TBH im slightly ashamed but but by the 2nd min of round two i just watch Fitch on 6x the speed (didnt make it any better but i at least stayed awake!)

cant work Carwin out, doesnt seem to hit that hard and yet everyones lights go out, still dont see him damaging Lesnar. I had forgotten how HUGE Lesnar is, made Carwin look like wee man.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Georges St.Pierre v Dan Hardy
    Rousimar Palhares v Thomas Drwal
    Palhares is a quality fighter, the UFC needs to step him up in competition. He should have released the sub sooner but the ref was quite slow at reacting as well.

Kurt Pellegrino v Fabricio Camoes
    This was an enjoyable fight. Camoes seemed to gas in the second and Pellegrino took control.

Palhares was a wanker, fuck all to do with the ref, Drwal was tappin like mad and screaming and he just kept goin, makes me wanna stamp on doods throats when i see that Evil or Very Mad at least he got a 90 day ban, shoulda been longer.

Did Pellegrino & Camoes get fight of the night? Thought that was excellent, couldnt take ya eyes off it
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Fight of the Night: Rodney Wallace vs. Jared Hamman
    Knockout of the Night: Shane Carwin
    Submission of the Night: Kurt Pellegrino
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Fitch wants GSP...
    It was a good fight for him, but I still see flaws in his game, and that's why I want to fight him. There's nothing that means more to me right now than fighting for the title.

I'm 12-1 in the UFC with my lone loss to GSP. I've won my last four fights. I wish they would have all been finishes, but it doesn't always work out that way. But I'm a better fighter than the first time we fought.
    Dana's response...
    He's in the mix. There's no doubt he's in the mix. Maybe we do [Fitch] and Koscheck for the No. 1 (contender).
    Fedorable
    Fedorable
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Fedorable Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm

You know I am really starting to dislike GSP. He is a fantastic athlete and has otherworldly takedowns, but he never comes to fight. GSP just wants to stop his opponent from fighting which is understandable but it is so god damn shit to watch. I think the whole Serra fight has left a huge scar in his mind to the ends that he doesn't want to stand up and trade cause he is terrified he might get KO'd. After he evry fight he apologises for not finishing and that he will try harder next time, but he won't he will continue to take people down and smother them. Look I know you cant argue against results but if GSP wants to truly be considered as the GOAT he needs to mix it up, shit he needs a couple of wars under his belt instead of 5 round humping sessions.

Carwin is scary man, I never thought someone could have so much power in their fists from sch a hort distance, fancy him to batter Brock.

If Fitch and GSP fight again I think I will tape it and donate it to a local insomnia sufferers group because it will be an absolut snore fest.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Fedorable wrote:You know I am really starting to dislike GSP. He is a fantastic athlete and has otherworldly takedowns, but he never comes to fight. GSP just wants to stop his opponent from fighting which is understandable but it is so god damn shit to watch. I think the whole Serra fight has left a huge scar in his mind to the ends that he doesn't want to stand up and trade cause he is terrified he might get KO'd. After he evry fight he apologises for not finishing and that he will try harder next time, but he won't he will continue to take people down and smother them. Look I know you cant argue against results but if GSP wants to truly be considered as the GOAT he needs to mix it up, shit he needs a couple of wars under his belt instead of 5 round humping sessions.

Carwin is scary man, I never thought someone could have so much power in their fists from sch a hort distance, fancy him to batter Brock.

If Fitch and GSP fight again I think I will tape it and donate it to a local insomnia sufferers group because it will be an absolut snore fest.

Completely agree. Dryhump olympics anyone?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Just watched the post fight press conference, and Carwin said his gameplan all along was too press Mir against the cage and dirty box. It was a very good strategy as Mir's main weapons are his boxing and submissions and he cant use any of when hes against the cage.

If only Randy could hit like that from short range Laughing

Carwin come out with a dominant performance against Mir, without neccesarily out-boxing or out-Grappling him, just capitalisng on his wrestling and tremendous power.

I really want to see Carwin-Brock next. Can go either way....
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Hardy had fuck all for GSP other than survival.

GSP should have tried to pound him out or choke him.

Feel sorry for Mir, but glad Brock will be getting a new opponent!!!!!....dangerous one at that!

Drwal was an idiot, he should have tapped sooner, Palhares was a bit dickish but can't penalise him...he waited for the ref.

became an Camoes fan for life when he threw Pellegrino with seonage in round one!!
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Did anybody else notice they announced Carwin as being 6ft 5? hmmm, not quite.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I did notice that Dan Mirgliotta was the biggest man in the Octagon!!
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Paddyjock wrote:I did notice that Dan Mirgliotta was the biggest man in the Octagon!!

This is true! He dwarfs all the big heavys! Does anyone know his background? Has he ever fought?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:01 pm

UFC 111 (SPOILERS) 34y4fhx
    UFC 111 (SPOILERS) 27yz589
    UFC 111 (SPOILERS) 112692e
    UFC 111 (SPOILERS) 300fo5c
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:24 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Drwal was an idiot, he should have tapped sooner, Palhares was a bit dickish but can't penalise him...he waited for the ref.

I think that is nonsence,Drwal was tapping and screaming as soon as Palhares sunk in the sub and the ref had to prize his grip apart just to release it,stupid move and there should be no place in MMA for those kind of dickish antics,he should be banned and fined hard for it.I think that money should then go to Drwal.
    I bet if Palhares knew he would lose at least half of his pay and face a ban before hand for doing shit like that,it wouldn't of happened.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm

letting go as soon as they tap is a ridiculous notion, you MUST wait for the referee to call the fight.

he held on for half a second after the ref tried to grab him off.

how is it that when a fighter continues hitting a KOd opponent ala Rampage/Wand 3, its put down to adrenaline....but when its a sub he should lose half a years wage? confused

Rampage/Wand
    BJ/Pulver

both worse than this and nothing was done.

- the injury was the refs fault for being slow of the mark and not seeing the sub coming, would not get that shit with Herb Dean.

the injury is as unfortunate as it is irrelevant.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Damn, thats quite a size difference! Though I guess Lesnar would have had shoes on. But still.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:41 pm

The UFC obviously disagree or there wouldn't of been any reason to fine him.

The ref had to forceably(I think thats a word Embarassed ) remove Palhares grip.

I was waiting for the ref is a cheap excuse because the ref was trying to stop it before he stopped putting all his force into the sub.
    I understand if the fighter doesn't tap then fair enough he's asking for trouble but not only was Drwal tapping he was screaming it out also.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Palhares' reaction on UFC.com...
    "I didn't feel that he was tapping. I felt that he was pushing my leg. And I held on until the referee stopped the fight because I didn't want to misunderstand. I didn't want to hurt him. I was very excited about the fight. I'm really sorry if I hurt him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:23 am