THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
ChelseaQuinsfan
payneNglory1
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
Shanemc
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
redmeanie77
13 posters

UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! Empty UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:35 am

Preliminary Card
    Light Heavyweight Bout: James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac
    Te-Huna defeated Pokrajac via TKO (strikes) at 3:26 of round 3.

Middleweight Bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
    Dollaway defeated Reljic via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Welterweight Bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
    Lytle defeated Foster via submission (kneebar) at 1:41 of round 1.

Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
    Soszynski defeated Bonnar via TKO (cut) at 1:04 of round 3.

Main Card
    Heavyweight Bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Anthony Perosh
    Filipović defeated Perosh via TKO (doctor stoppage) at 5:00 of round 2.

Light Heavyweight Bout: Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
    Bader defeated Jardine via KO (punch) at 2:10 of round 3.

Lightweight Bout: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
    Sotiropoulos defeated Stevenson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Middleweight Bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
    Silva defeated Bisping via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Heavyweight Bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
    Velasquez defeated Nogueira via KO (punches) at 2:20 of round 1.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! Empty Re: UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:50 am

. Crocop as expected gets the W against this undermatched opponent, not as devastating or as quick as most probably expected. This win doesnt really elevate him in the standings and should be looking to fight Rothwell next.

. Bader Cool , great win and great left hook. Jardine was out, and was getting dominated in the fight paticularly the 1st round. This win should put Bader up just outside top 10. He should expect a bigger name in his next fight. Jardine could be cut.

. Sotoroplos cheers , excellent ground game, dominated Joe Daddy. A few more wins and he can expect a title shot.

. Bisping fought really well in this fight,it was the last 30 second flurrys from Wandi at end of each round that won him the fight, Wandi nearly choked him out at end of 2nd, and nearly KO'd him at end of 3rd. Bisping should feel pretty dissapointed, he couldnt grind the rounds out. I reckon he could have gotten the decison if he was a bit smarter there. Wandi gets the much needed win but he was not as dominant or as aggressive as expected. I reckon Sexyama could beat Wandi if he fought like that.

. Big Nog-Cain, flashbacks of the Mir-Nog fight here, Cain was way too quick and powerful for Nog, Staph or no Staph, Nog looked as bad last night as he did against Mir. I think his days as a title contender are over. And i think his win over Couture should be put into perspective.I dont think Randy would fare too well against the likes of Cain, Carwin, Mir now either. Cain now announces himself as a top contender to the world. He should get Brock or JDS if he wins next. Nog should look at Gonzaga.

Last edited by redmeanie77 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 pm

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! Qo6fbk

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! Oribnd
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes, Nog looked slow and old, I thought he would. And your right, a decision win against Couture now is not enough to propel you to contention with the best.

I went for a UD for Cain, thinking he would dominate but not have the power to finish Nog. That knockout puts Mir's bragging rights to shame.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Actually i think Mir will laughing his ass off. When people found out about Nog being sick everyone tried to denigrate his win over Nog, saying Nog cant be finished etc... I think Cain just showed everyone that he most certainly can.

Dana has said that Crocop will fight Rothwell very soon. My guess is Abu Dhabi or UFN 21.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:47 pm

I'd say he can fight soon, Perosh was a training exercise.

Still, got to give respect to any man willing to step into a cage with Crocop with a few days notice, then show the balls to carry on with that huge cut.

Maybe it was foolish, but foolish balls are still balls Smile
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

CroCop used that fight as a sparring session. Never tried to finish the fight. Don't think he wanted to hurt Perosh who he's trained with a lot apparently. Nice to see him win though, hopefully Rothwell finds his balls in the next two months and they fight in Abu Dhabi.

Bader was impressive. Good takedowns, good striking although he needs to cut down on the wild over-hand rights. Future champion IMO. Jardine's crying about being ok was comical. He was out with his leg folded underneath him!

George Sotiropoulos was INCREDIBLE! Performance of the night IMO. He schooled Joe Daddy on the ground and beat him in the stand-up as well. This was the only fight that i didn't call the correct winner last night. I'm not sure why but i had it in my head that George was a Mac Danzig level fighter. I think it's because Danzig won TUF the year George was on it and George didn't even get to the final. I know better now. George is for real. He goes in at number 11, possible number 10(with Diego Sanchez no longer at LW) in the rankings IMO. I think Maynard should be next for him. Maynard isn't scheduled on any of the events up to UFC 116 and i think that would be a good number 1 contenders match-up.

I wasn't impressed with Wanderlei at all to be honest. I thought he was hesitant and there was no intensity. On the occasions where he did try and end the fight he nearly won via guillotine and then KO. Had the fight gone another 20 seconds he'd have won by KO but he should have been attacking from the very start of each round. Bisping has NO power. Bisping at least acted like less of a dickhead after the fight. He definitely messed up his cut though, he was boloxed between rounds. Wandi really needs to get his act together if he wants to compete at 185. Scrapping a decision over an average fighter like Bisping is not a performance that is going to get him in the title picture.

Does anyone doubt Cain now? The future of the heavyweight division. The first man to legitimately stop Big Nog and he made it look easy! Can't be described as a one dimensional wrestler with no power any more. I've been saying all along that he had good hands, now everyone knows it. And they know he hits with power. The difference between this stoppage and the Mir-Nog one is that this time Nog hadn't spent 11 days in hospital and Cain finished him the first time he knocked him down. He'll prob have one more fight before he gets his title shot. The winner of Gonzaga-JDS would make sense IMO. He'll beat both. Better standing up than either of them, far better on the ground than JDS and his wrestling is levels above Gonzaga although he would need to be careful of Gonzaga's BJJ.

On the undercard, Impressive stuff from Lyttle, great sub. Soszynki and Bonnar will have to rematch, was an exciting fight than Sos was winning but the TKO was a bad call. CB steps up big time and gets the best win of his career. Te-Huna got his win making it a great night for the Aussie-Kiwi fans in attendance.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:33 pm

I didnt watch the Reljic fight, did CB just LnP Reljic for 2 of the rounds?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Haven't seen it mate. Didn't see his fight of the Te-Huna fight. I fell asleep last night and had to download the event this morning.

Worked out well, set my download, went and did fifteen minutes of yoga in the other room, came back in, download finished, watched the event. Good start to the day.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I hope the Sexy one fights Bisping next. Wandi needs another fight before he's ready for the sexiness.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

What website do you use to download events from?
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Haven't watched the fight yet, just watched Silva Bisping.

Pretty unimpressive fight, both looked like they were fighting for points, and I hate that. If Silva fought the whole fight like the last 20 seconds he would of won comfortably.

I agree about Georg (won't bother spelling his surname Laughing ) The fact he didn't make the final n MAC DANZIG's season is ridiculous. Great performance, I didn't pick him either, I suppose I've just never seen him as a great fighter. Hard to explain really. Neutral

I consider Cain to be a legitimate top 3 heavy at the moment. He is capable of beating Mir and Carwin
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:57 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:What website do you use to download events from?

I use a private tracker called xtremespeeds.net. It's one where you have to upload as well as download but i can't be arsed doing that so i just donate money to the site and i get upload credit. they had the event by 8am which isn't bad considering it only finished at 6am. It's the best site i've come across. Has every UFC event available for download, and a lot of the Pride ones and a lot of others.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Cheers mate Cool I'll look into it.

You only got 1 fight wrong yesterday? Impressive. I thought i had a good night with getting only 3 fights wrong. They were all in the prelims.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:12 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:What website do you use to download events from?

bestmmatorrents.com is a good site for downloading events
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:35 pm

ok heres my views on the card (long):

starting from the top.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I dont think Nog is done. I think everyone perhaps himself included bought into his striking which,if we are being honest has never been particularly good.
    As much as i think he is an emo racist prick, Cain has improved every time we have seen him. I think Nog could have beaten the Cain we saw against Kongo, but his striking last night was excellent.

Also i dont think Nog's chin is shot.

short left on the button, right hook on the button, overhand left to the back of the head and 3 laser accurate bombs on the ground.

^that would have put down an ox.(nog still wasnt out)

great striking display from Cain, eveen if Nog is extremely easy to hit.

I think Nogueira needs now to focus on wrestling if he wants to continue to be relevant, future fights for Nog: Crocop rematch (i know Mirko wants this) or anything really.

I think Dana White has decided that the next title shot will go to Mir/Carwin winner unless there is an injury.

I think the next title shot after that should go to the winner of Cain vs Gonzaga/Dos Santos winner.
    Now Nog is out of the frame for the time being it clears the path for Dos Santos.

=======

Bisping/Silva

Wand was a clear winner in my mind (my mind takes effort to finish the fight as #1 judging criteria Wink )

but Bisping gave him a decent fight. It was quite similar to the Franklin fight except Wand was much closer to finishing bisping.

Wand looked hesitant to open up with punches which is a shame because i dont think there is any way Bisping was KOing him.
    If he had opened up before the last 10 seconds of the fight he would have another KO on his record. Every punch he landed hurt Bisping.

Having said that, Wand looked very very slow.

here is the state of the middleweight division right now, Silva/Maia are fighting for the belt, the next contender is between Sonnen/Belfort/Sexyama/Wand in that order.
    any fights between those 4 could set up the next contender.

*thought: UFC could have a huge show in japan with Sex/Wand and Crocop/Nog II*

=================

Sotiropolous/Stevenson

I called George to win because his ground game is superb and Joe has a few moves he pulls off great like that takedown he did against Diaz and Fisher or the guillotine choke, but George is a fantastic grappler and i thought the reach would be too much for Joe standing.

This was my favourite fight, the crowd were great and it was a grappling war.

Well done George!

future fights for George: someone else said Maynard, i like that idea too. Beating Stevenson means you are legit!

=================
    Jardine/Bader.

Boring fight, not really much to say except that with Bader's power vs Keith's chin it was almost inevitable.

next for Bader: Hamill? most of the top LHWs have fights scheduled.

==========================

Crocop/Perosh

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

this is a general point:

Does anyone else think its pretty ridiculous that UFC dont allow knees on the ground. Last night it was particularly apparent how stupid this is.
    In certain cases Jardine and Wand could have kneed the fuck out of their opponents after sprawling on takedowns.

But in the Crocop fight it was just ridiculous!!

Perosh was backing up the entire fight and every time Mirko tried to open up on him, he shot a takedown, Mirko showed he is the master of sprawl, but Perosh was saved from getting KO'd by the retarded ruleset.

instead he had to eat a couple of hammer fists.

the sprawl knees are a serious weapon in a sprawl and brawl fighter's arsenal and removing them;
    a) reduces the effectiveness of that style.
    b) eliminates 90% of the risk when shooting a takedown.
    unless they catch a knee on the way in or leave their neck hanging its risk free and you can do it all night long.

Next for Mirko: Nog or Rothwell or another relative can.
    I actually want to see Crocop fight Nelson, it would be another comedy KO loss for Nelson!

====

Boner/Sausageski should have been a NC.

====

I love a rolling kneebar well done Chris!

good event overall, especially after the reliativley poor event that was 109 cheers

im still in shock/gutted about Nog though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Pretty accurate descriptions there Chesty. Great point about CroCop's sprawl. It was back to normal last night for Mirko in the takedown defence. I agree that knees on the ground being banned is ridiculous. Pity soccer kicks are banned too because when Wandi dropped Bisping you could see him pull back to kick him full in the face and then stop himself. Shame.

Cain actually landed the second left hand to the top of the head, not the back and it was five punches right on the button on the ground. I think if that fight had been in Pride it may have gone longer but the UFC refs are better at stopping fights when fighters are in trouble which is a good thing.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Oh, anyone else notice Wandi go over and shake hands with Rampage after the fight and Rampage congratulate him? Good to see.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:48 pm

" much as i think he is an emo racist prick, Cain has "

I'm guessing this is because of the Tatoo, right? I dont think it means that much tbh. I know if it was White pride then a guy would get serious heat from almost everybody.

Its a difficult one.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:51 pm

I missed that.

Can't see how's he's racist, emo or a prick.

Nice humble guy who shows pride in his heritage.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm pretty sure Wand hit Bisping with a soccer kick at some point. did you see that? maybe it was on the legal area but i had flashbacks to the Fujita fight!

on Crocop; I think he fought a smart fight.
    he didnt throw the LHK apart from 1 attempt because Perosh was circling away from it the whole time.
    Even though i was yelling for it when i saw the blood in the right eye of perosh! Laughing

those body kicks looked sick though.

on second thought i still think Nog can take a punch, but he took much harder shots against a proven power puncher when he fought fedor and still had all his senses intact.

weird to think that Big Nog is a declining legend, when in just his last fight they called Little Nog an "up-and-comer" lol.

they were born on the same day!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh and i dont think Nog is done and should retire, i just think his days of going after the title are over. I cant see him bouncing back from this.

Brock,Mir,Cain,Carwin all can and some even have gone through him easily. His chin isnt shot but he cant stand up against these guys with such poor head movement. I know he has boxing in his backround and he is sound technically. But he's slow and easy to hit and he doesnt have that big KO power. These are all a bad combination.

Crocop is fighting Rothwell next, Dana said it will be pretty soon. As both guys arent hurt.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:56 pm

ok maybe a bit harsh but:

a) if i knew a guy with a brown pride tattoo it would totally alienate him.

b) never seen him smile or show any positive emotions.

c)was uncalled for. but i would certainly not get along with him.

anyway its not important really, he is a great fighter.

but still unproven to an extent. he has never been on his back and no matter how good of a wrestler you are there will be someone who can put you on your back.

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:58 pm

I thought Wandi soccered kick Bisping in the head when he was trying to get back to his feet. But Rogan said it was to the chest. I think thats what your thinking of.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:58 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:I'm pretty sure Wand hit Bisping with a soccer kick at some point. did you see that? maybe it was on the legal area but i had flashbacks to the Fujita fight!

on Crocop; I think he fought a smart fight.
    he didnt throw the LHK apart from 1 attempt because Perosh was circling away from it the whole time.
    Even though i was yelling for it when i saw the blood in the right eye of perosh! Laughing

those body kicks looked sick though.

on second thought i still think Nog can take a punch, but he took much harder shots against a proven power puncher when he fought fedor and still had all his senses intact.

weird to think that Big Nog is a declining legend, when in just his last fight they called Little Nog an "up-and-comer" lol.

they were born on the same day!

I think that soccer kick caught him in the chest. I did think it was gonna get him in the face though.

Agree on the Nogs, funny situation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:30 pm