THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:41 pm

This website is run by a group of football fans from a variety of clubs including Toon, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool among others. It lists every debatable decision and the outcome. Have a look at the stats for this season AND last season and then say that Liverpool haven't been poorly treated by referees for over a year at this point.

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am

TBH dude, wasn't going to post a reply, as I think this is primarily a case of you looking at it through Liverpool Coloured specs, but I had a look at that website, and it certainly doesn't write a tale of huge injustices.

It highlights a couple of calls that were so close, that even after extensive viewing, 3 out of 5 voters voted for Liverpool. A Penalty call against Citeh, a soft penalty for ManUre, and and again a 3-2 decision for the Suarez penalty shout against Arsenal.

Again, not meant as an attack on Liverpool, or Rodgers, just that every fan thinks that their team should get more shouts, but if we leave the 'fan' glasses behind, we find that it's as simple as some refs get it right, others don't.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:50 am

So the fact that no teams has had even close to the same number of debatable calls go against them since the beginning of LAST season means nothing??

Two poor calls against us vs WBA
    Hilarious refereeing against Sunderland where Suarez was fouled and got booked instead of a penalty.
    One of the worst refereeing displays in Premier League history against United. A ridiculous red card, United given a pathetic penalty and we had two stonewall penalties turned down.
    And the most blatant penalty you'll ever see against Norwich.

Who else has had 8 major decisions, the majority of which weren't even close to being 50/50 calls, go against them in the league this season??

Also worth pointing out that the referee who reffed United vs Spurs was demoted to LEAGUE TWO after Ferguson complained about him, whilst Mark Halsey went unpunished for his display between Liverpool-United. A match which took place 3 days after he sat next to Ferguson during a dinner for some organization, and 2 days after Ferguson moaned about United never getting penalties at Anfield. Halsey then went on to give another pathetic display in the Fulham-City game where he gave Fulham a non-existent penalty and turned down two clear penalties for City. And again, has not been punished.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:So the fact that no teams has had even close to the same number of debatable calls go against them since the beginning of LAST season means nothing??

Hilarious refereeing against Sunderland where Suarez was fouled and got booked instead of a penalty.
    One of the worst refereeing displays in Premier League history against United. A ridiculous red card, United given a pathetic penalty and we had two stonewall penalties turned down.

Who else has had 8 major decisions, the majority of which weren't even close to being 50/50 calls, go against them in the league this season??

Also worth pointing out that the referee who reffed United vs Spurs was demoted to LEAGUE TWO after Ferguson complained about him, whilst Mark Halsey went unpunished for his display between Liverpool-United. A match which took place 3 days after he sat next to Ferguson during a dinner for some organization, and 2 days after Ferguson moaned about United never getting penalties at Anfield. Halsey then went on to give another pathetic display in the Fulham-City game where he gave Fulham a non-existent penalty and turned down two clear penalties for City. And again, has not been punished.

Again, not to labour the point, but, you've used 'debateabledecisions.com' to highlight the 'injustices' against LFC, yet, their own panel judge the 'Two poor calls' in the WBA game, to be fair calls. The 'Hilarious refereeing against Sunderland', again, deemed to be a correct decision by said website.
    In the ManUre game, the only question that can be seriously asked, is whether or not Evans deserved to be sent off as well, as surely not even the most ardent of Liverpool fans, could think that Shelvey did not deserve to see red for the challenge? Again, your supporting website agrees that BOTH decisions were probably correct. The two stonewallers (as you put it) again, both judged to be correct calls, with regards to the ManUre penalty, you probably have a point (one that I had already conceded).

I'm probably going to call it quits at that, as I don't really want to labour the point, nor do I wish to cause offence, I just hate this 'Poor me' stance that some clubs have taken of late.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 pm

the likes of Suarez are known to be cheats and Gerrard has been one of Englands most prolific divers down the years. Won't comment about the decisions this season but repuation precedes some players even though it shouldnt. Suarez will probably always be considered a cheat (and a racist) by many. You reap what you sow.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:04 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:So the fact that no teams has had even close to the same number of debatable calls go against them since the beginning of LAST season means nothing??

Football discussion - Page 38 JdVWR
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

You've had all the help in the world from referees Sheldan, and you're still crap.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:the likes of Suarez are known to be cheats and Gerrard has been one of Englands most prolific divers down the years. Won't comment about the decisions this season but repuation precedes some players even though it shouldnt. Suarez will probably always be considered a cheat (and a racist) by many. You reap what you sow.

Ah I see, so because the drunken scot came out and publicly accused him of being a diver after he'd spent an afternoon embarrassing United defences, he is known as a diver.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:the likes of Suarez are known to be cheats and Gerrard has been one of Englands most prolific divers down the years. Won't comment about the decisions this season but repuation precedes some players even though it shouldnt. Suarez will probably always be considered a cheat (and a racist) by many. You reap what you sow.

Ah I see, so because the drunken scot came out and publicly accused him of being a diver after he'd spent an afternoon embarrassing United defences, he is known as a diver.

Football discussion - Page 38 Uruguay-v-Ghana-Luis-Suarez-handball_2473469

I think you are talking about Suarez not gerrard?
    i didnt say he is a diver, i said he is a known cheat, im quite sure he is a diver too but no incident sticks in my mind so i'll save it...athough he has been carded for diving more than any other player in the league.

dont blame him at all for handballing in the world cup its good thinking and paid off for the team but the consequences of unsportsmanlike behaviour for Suarez may have extended beyond a red card.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Suarez proving yet again today that he does not dive.

Football discussion - Page 38 Suarezgif
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Sheldan wrote:Suarez proving yet again today that he does not dive.

Football discussion - Page 38 Suarezgif

Looks like his foot gets taken out in the first instance but the flop made it look worse than it was - Wellbeck or Nani would have been given the free kick
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm

I love how he actually catches himself with his arms, thus giving him no reason to fall, then thinks, oh wait, this may not be given, and throws his arms and legs out from under him!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm

I do think, however, that a change in the laws is necessary. Why should a player not get a penalty, if he is fouled, and somehow manages to keep his feet, even though he may have lost the chance, or the defending team gain an advantage?

IMO Suarez was fouled, and had he not stopped himself from falling, and then threw himself to the floor, we would not have been talking about this, and rightly he would have been awarded a penalty.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:49 pm

It doesn't look like there's any contact to me,Suarez loses his footing and stumbles after he turns,then,well that dive is just comical.

You'd think with the amount of practice the lads had,(there's compilation videos made on Suarez's antics),he'd start to look convincing by now.

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 pm

I think you might be right after looking again Payne. I thought the defender clipped his foot when he turned, but i don't think he even did.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Sorry,I was wrong,I've found the unedited version of the event,and there was definitely some unfair contact.

I believe it was by some dodgy Wolves fan Very Happy

Football discussion - Page 38 IyzrJDtyWPpyY
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Wilson's right foot clearly caught Suarez's right foot but he did keep his feet by using his hands for balance, the dive was just stupid because he should have just gone down from the contact which was clear as day. Likely that he was just fed up because no matter what he does he's not going to get a decision. First time he's dived this season, and it wasn't even a dive because there had been contact, it was more a comedy flop to the ground out of frustration but he shouldn't have done it. With that said, it was nowhere near as bad as this:

Football discussion - Page 38 II04qBVyEBQp2

Would also point out that Suarez was AGAIN victim to a fucking shocking referee who admits he say this and decided it didn't even deserve a yellow card:

Football discussion - Page 38 Huth

And United fans having a go at Suarez is hilarious, a team who's success in the last ten years has been built on divers like RVN and Ronaldo and now features the talents of Nani, Young and Wellbeck who are easily the three of the biggest cheats in the English game now. Numerous ex-United players have stated in autobiographies that Ferguson encourages diving.

Last edited by Anfields5thKing on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Football discussion - Page 38 Uruguay-v-Ghana-Luis-Suarez-handball_2473469

I think you are talking about Suarez not gerrard?
    i didnt say he is a diver, i said he is a known cheat, im quite sure he is a diver too but no incident sticks in my mind so i'll save it...athough he has been carded for diving more than any other player in the league.

dont blame him at all for handballing in the world cup its good thinking and paid off for the team but the consequences of unsportsmanlike behaviour for Suarez may have extended beyond a red card.

He's been carded about 4 times for diving, 3 of which have been shown to have been fouls. Like the O'Shea tackle against Sunderland this season. Clear penalty but Suarez got a yellow card.

United fans are in no position to slate Suarez's handball in the world cup. Especially when Ferguson stood and applauded Solskjaer off the pitch for this:

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:And United fans having a go at Suarez is hilarious, a team who's success in the last ten years has been built on divers like RVN and Ronaldo and now features the talents of Nani, Young and Wellbeck who are easily the three of the biggest cheats in the English game now. Numerous ex-United players have stated in autobiographies that Ferguson encourages diving.

We have every right to have a go at Suarez, I don't sit here and try to claim that those United players didn't dive, whereas you claim he doesn't dive, then have a go at our lads for diving, so surely if anybody should apply to your rule then it's you.

Good to see Huth attempting to stamp racism out of football as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 pm

I didn't claim he doesn't dive, I said his reputation for diving is nothing like the reality. That's the first time he's dived this season and it's come after a run of games where he's been kicked around pitches and given no protection by referees.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:

He's been carded about 4 times for diving, 3 of which have been shown to have been fouls. Like the O'Shea tackle against Sunderland this season. Clear penalty but Suarez got a yellow card.

United fans are in no position to slate Suarez's handball in the world cup. Especially when Ferguson stood and applauded Solskjaer off the pitch for this:

what part of "dont blame him at all for handballing in the world cup its good thinking and paid off for the team" is slating Suarez?

all i said is that the players bring it on themselves, that kind of blatant cheating can have long term effects on a players reputation.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I do think, however, that a change in the laws is necessary. Why should a player not get a penalty, if he is fouled, and somehow manages to keep his feet, even though he may have lost the chance, or the defending team gain an advantage?

IMO Suarez was fouled, and had he not stopped himself from falling, and then threw himself to the floor, we would not have been talking about this, and rightly he would have been awarded a penalty.

cant tell if he was fouled from the gif, either way i dont think the foul should have been given. over-selling a foul the way he did is akin to "simulation" and deserves a booking.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

The worst dive of the weekend was by Bale and that is from a spurs fan

I completely agree with Pete on this one - referees dont help becuase they are punishing honest players - if you get pulled, pushed or kicked and stay on your feet and try and score then you dont get a foul even though the player has been clearly fouled.

Exactly the same incident and the forward player goes down as soon as he is touched (although he could easily stay on his feet) and it is a penalty and a yellow or a red for the defender - for exactly the same incident.

The rules and the referees undertsanding of those rules are encouraging cheating or simulation.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

I see Owen Coyle has been given the boot this morning, with Terry Connor out of a job here's hoping Gartside is fooli...... I mean sensible enough to give a job I'm sure Mr Moxey will give him a glowing report. Very Happy

If that fails the return of the Ginger Mourinho perhaps ? Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 am

Owen Coyle getting the sack is hilarious. He's one of football's con men along with the likes of Moyes, O'Neill, Pulis, and Redknapp. Somehow gets pundits and football fans that don't pay attention to think he's a good manager.

Bolton should go for Karl Robinson from MK Dons.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am