THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Cowboys From Hell
payneNglory1
6 posters

Football discussion

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion  Empty Football discussion

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Pictures say a thousand words

Football discussion  Billy-davies_2472620b
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Football discussion  Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 am

Oooooh What a surprise. Mad Laughing

Honestly I felt we deserved a point at least but with our luck at the moment soon as we scored I had that funny feeling we wouldn't hold on to a draw but to concede literally a minute later....ugh, what can I say. Sad

I'm not joking I'm terrified for this weekends game against Brizzle City.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm

I suppose that now, is as good a time as any, to ask the question, how do we all feel about our respective clubs seasons?

I'll start the ball rolling.

Club Supported Toon
    Season so far Early KO from Domestic trophies, not too bothered about this, although was disappointed in the way we went out of the FA cup. League form was terrible, however have now moved back to a better position and I think that we'll at least be safe. Decent enough cup run in Europe, although have a feeling that may come to an end this week.
    Season highs The opening day win against Spuds, the comeback victory against Chelski and Stevie T's press conference pre mackem game.
    Season Lows Tiotes sending off against the vile mackem scum, the 4-3 loss to ManUre (along with SAFs dignified press conference) and the capitulations v Stoke (away) and Arsenal.
    Player of the season Tim Krul
    Best signing Mousa Sissoko
    Prediction for top 3 ManUre, Citeh, Spuds
    Prediction for bottom 3 Reading, Southampton and fingers crossed mackems.
    Where do you think your team will finish Mid table mediocrity (which would suit me fine).
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:21 pm

This is gonna sound depressing, Pete. Laughing

Club Supported : Wolves
    Season so far: Erm pretty shit to be frank from one F up to another. We started very well but TBH even then we wasn't exactly blowing away teams we were very uneasy on the eyes at times. For me employing Solbakken was a disaster as Bold as It was It turned out he never had a clue about the Championship he seemed out of his depth when things got tough and had to go, But here's the best part we employ Dean bloody Saunders who seems even more so out of his depth. We have huge problems personnel wise we need an overhaul in the summer.

Season Highs : Probably Barnsley at home 3-1 that day we were sensational also Bristol away winning 4-1.

Season Lows: A lot of It, but watching Peterborough looking like the 2nd coming of Barca at Molineux trouncing us 3-0 had to be It don't think I've ever walked out of a ground so angry.

Player of the season : Bakary Sako on his day he's as goods as anyone in this country never mind the league we are in he will no doubt be snapped up by a Top half PL team.

Best signing : See Above

Prediction for top 3 : Same as Pete.

Prediction for bottom 3 : QPR, Southampton & Reading all that said I would love to see Villa go down.

Where do you think your team will finish: .......Hopefully out of the bottom 3...I'm thinking 18th-19th, but If we lose Saturday to Bristol City....I fear for us. Sad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Club Supported - Nottingham Forest

Season so far - It's been a crazy season for us,one of complete change on and off the field.New owners,3 managers,a complete clear out of the old boardroom staff and a brand new starting back 5.
    With mass change at the beginning of the season,under SOD,expectations for me were,we've got a good team of new players and a good coach,who'll need time to get his new team playing to there potential,so a top half finish would be good enough for me.
    SOD did a good job and it seemed a harsh sacking,since we were one point off the play offs and had just spanked dirty Leeds 4-2 a hour or so before.
    But we were inconsistent,we could never string more than 2 wins together and SOD seemed to take more of a back seat and started giving his players more power in decisions,he alone should of been making as the manager,plus our new owners were still stuck on this iconic manager that they wanted.

Then came the lowest point of the season,40 days of Alex McCleish,someone Fergie supposedly recommended to our owners during takeover talks Mad Iconic my arse,just another ginger tosser that failed miserably at this club,like Megson and McClaren.
    Red blood,Red shirt cheers Red head,fuck right off.

1 win in 6 league games,from 7th to 11th and out of the FA cup at home to Oldham in 40 days.We went from an inconsistent club to one in total free fall.

Then the fans favorite returns,Billy Davies,9 points off the play offs in 11th place.
    After his first 6 games,1 draw and 5 wins,14 goals for,4 against,in the play off position,playing well and full of confidence.

What a turn around.

We have 9 games to go,with a difficult run in of fixtures against teams also trying to steal a play off spot.
    Exciting times.

Season highs beating Cardiff 3-1 at the City ground,the return of Billy Davies,the 6-1 thrashing of Huddersfield and the current 6 games undefeated run.

Season Lows Alex McCleish and losing 4 points to Direby

Player of the season Andy Reid

Best signing Adlène Guédioura,played great for us on loan as an attacking threat last season,but has become a consistent star for us this season as our more defensive center midfielder.

Prediction for top 3 Prem Man U, City, Spurs

Prediction for top 2 Champ Cardiff,Watford

Prediction for bottom 3,Prem Reading,QPR and Southampton.

Predictions for bottom 3,champ Barnsley,Peterborough and I think Huddersfield will be dragged back into the bottom 3.

Where do you think your team will finish 6th
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Club Supported - Liverpool

Season So Far - It's average, I wasn't expecting too much thinking that Rodgers is still trying to build his team. The cup runs were disappointing and they aren't as defensively strong as I thought they might be but they are turning into one of the better teams to watch in the Premier League as their passing game develops and they convert chances.

Season Highs - watching the team develop and the recent run of good results that was born from that, the form of Luis Suarez, the work of Agent's Benitez and Torres at Chelski Razz

Season Lows - Getting beat 3-1 by Villa, going out of the cups to Oldham and Swansea, not beating any of the top 6 or 7 PL teams (other than yesterdays win cheers ), inconsistency

Player of the Season - Luis Suarez, a lot less controversy this year and could possibly end up with the Golden Boot, one of the top 5 in the PL this year IMO

Best Signing - Daniel Sturridge, the type of striker we needed. Coutinho looks good too but it's early days for him...

Predicted Prem Top 3 - ManUre, Citeh, Chelski (for Benitez)

Predicted Championship Top 2 - Cardiff, Palace (like I know anything about this Laughing )

Predicted Relegated from Prem - Villa, Wigan, Reading ('Arry to pull a few tricks out of the bag!!)

Where do you think your team will finish - Outside chance of 4th but most likely 5,6 or 7 - hopefully over Everton

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 am

Club Supported - Manchester United

Season So Far - Good so far, this is the best team we have had since Ronaldo left. Definite potential of a treble winning side until Madrid.

Season Highs - Beating City 3-2 at the Etihad after losing to them twice last year, and going 6 points clear was a great victory, beating Chelsea at Stamford bridge and watching them throw their toys out of the pram was enjoyable too Smile

Season Lows - The madrid match, the worst we have been robbed by an official since Chelsea won the 2010 title with an offside goal.

Player of the Season - Robin Van Persie, all class, even better than he was at Arsenal, honourable mention to Rafael.

Best Signing - Van Persie again, was it $24m? whatever, definitley worth the money. Overall i think Kagawa will prove to be a very good signing too.

Predicted Prem Top 3 - United, City, Chelsea

Predicted Championship Top 2 - Cardiff, Hull

Predicted Relegated from Prem - QPR, Reading, Southampton

Where do you think your team will finish - champs
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Well Cowboy looks like both our teams are going to put us through the wringer with nail biters for the last game of the season.

I think you'd maybe edge it on the disappointment scale if it doesn't work out for either of us though Wink
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat May 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Bollox Sad

Bring on next season
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 13, 2013 3:56 pm

So Fergie's gone, Moyes is in on a SIX year contract and United are about to find out just how important Ferguson has been to them.

Also, Daniel Sturridge and Phillipe Coutinho are fucking brilliant.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:So Fergie's gone, Moyes is in on a SIX year contract and United are about to find out just how important Ferguson has been to them.

Also, Daniel Sturridge and Phillipe Coutinho are fucking brilliant.

It's going to be a VERY interesting off season with a number of teams replacing managers, rumoured signings etc...

The last few weeks of the Championship have been really exciting too... (sorry payne and Cowboys)

Hopefully the Reds can continue their improvement and mount some sort of challenge to get back into the Champions League places
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Bad Luck Payne a shame Fester made in to the Play Off's but at least they lost. Very Happy

Got to say I'm taking our relegation pretty well we Lost Hunt and Ebanks Today though that was a choker but I fully expected It.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 17, 2013 4:54 pm

To be honest,if we had of sneaked up this year,i would of been concerned about breaking Derbys unwanted records in the Prem.

It was a good game against Leicester,but i believe as much as i hate to admit it,especially after feeling so gutted,on the day they deserved it.

watching the 2nd leg of the Watford game made me feel a whole lot better though Laughing

Another full season in the championship,with a few,good new additions under Billy,would probably be the best thing for us.
    I don't really know how much the new fair play rules will effect or restrict us,(there's probably going to be some giant loopholes that will be exploited)but I have to say I'm really excited for the new season.

What do you think about McClaren taking the Wolves job Cowboy?

personally I would only wish the Ginger toss pot on Derby after our experience under him.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 17, 2013 6:26 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:To be honest,if we had of sneaked up this year,i would of been concerned about breaking Derbys unwanted records in the Prem.

It was a good game against Leicester,but i believe as much as i hate to admit it,especially after feeling so gutted,on the day they deserved it.

watching the 2nd leg of the Watford game made me feel a whole lot better though Laughing

Another full season in the championship,with a few,good new additions under Billy,would probably be the best thing for us.
    I don't really know how much the new fair play rules will effect or restrict us,(there's probably going to be some giant loopholes that will be exploited)but I have to say I'm really excited for the new season.

What do you think about McClaren taking the Wolves job Cowboy?

personally I would only wish the Ginger toss pot on Derby after our experience under him.

I don't think and pray he doesn't come in.

My Local paper seem to think Chris Powell want's the job as well as Kenny Jackett (Who has been interviewed) really surprised 2 Championship Managers are interested in the Job.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:33 pm