THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion Empty Boxing discussion

Post  Sheldan Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:58 pm

I haven't seen a topic commited solely to Boxing, and with several high profile fights including Haye VS Klitschko coming up soon, I thought i'd get one going, i'm not sure how well it will pick off because I don't know if many of the posters on here are as interested in Boxing as I am.

Anyway, for those who do follow Boxing, Matthew Macklin has a world title fight on Saturday against Felix Sturm, anybody giving Macklin a chance?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  the_king Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 am

im hoping for a haye win but the more i think about it the more im doubting him. iv seen a young fighter called alvarez fight a coupe of times latley he looks like a one for the future, although i dont know too much about him.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 am

i hope haye wins aswell as i love how he fights but think hes a bit arrogant but think klitchkso has to much for him and stops him late but you would never know haye has great power could definetely knock him out.
    Alvarez is a good fighter hes been brought up very slowly hasnt really fought a great challenge yet so im not sure how good he actually is id love to see him fight angulo or cintron next so we know hes for real or let him batter julio cesar chavez jr but i think that fight will be saved til later in there careers as it would be a huge money fight
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am

Looking forward to Saturdays card It will be great to see Kell Brook back and against Lovemore N'Dou he has a real tough fight as for Macklin I do feel he has a good chance against Strum but I feel he has to stop him Strum isn't a bad boxer and is definitely a step up for Macklin saying that Macklin is a huge step up for Strum too after fighting the likes of Hearns Jnr & Lorenzo.

I'll be rooting for Macklin Saturday but to be honest I think he loses a decsion.

Haye vs Wlad is a fascinating fight both have a big dig on them and have suspect chins not 100% sure how this fight goes down but I will say ATM I do feel Wlad will win a decision.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Be interesting to see whether or not Brook has the power to be the first man to stop N'Dou, another win after this and then hopefully he may get himself a title shot. I'm a bit 50/50 about the Macklin fight, Macklin didn't look that impressive in his last fight, although Sturm hasn't been facing that good competition as of late, and if Macklin performs at his best then he'll cause Sturm a lot of problems. I'm leaning slightly more to a Sturm decision, but who knows.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Oh and another thing, lets hope what happens to Paul Williams in your picture doesn't happen to Darren Barker in October Razz .. I see no way how he beats Martinez though, this fight has come far too soon for Barker, he has had one fight in a year and didn't look that impressive in that, he fights again in July, and then he gets one of top 3 p4p fighters in the world! I'll be rooting for Barker but I feel like this is going to be an easy night for Martinez, did you see the tension between Barker and Macklin in the studio on Saturday night for the Martin Murray fight?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Sadly I think a similar thing will happen I like Barker but Martinez a gigantic leap in class for him yeah that was comical last Saturday Dave Clark looked a little worried to me .
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Sturm points
    Kell late stoppage or points
    Wlad mid late stoppage haye best chance first 3 rss IMO
    Martinez will be a step too much for barker bit like Rhodes and Alvarez

Mayweather points
    Pacman 1st rd tko trump ?
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:46 pm

any 1 watch prizefighter on sky a couple of weeks ago? If not have a look on youtube in the final their was junior witter prancin about in true junior witter style, lunging at his opponent and doin pathetic showboatin when he took a lunge 1 to many times his opponent side stepped him and witter took a head first tumble right out of the ring and landed on some video monitors, piss funny and it couldnt of happened to a better nob ed.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:52 pm

gre660wl wrote:any 1 watch prizefighter on sky a couple of weeks ago? If not have a look on youtube in the final their was junior witter prancin about in true junior witter style, lunging at his opponent and doin pathetic showboatin when he took a lunge 1 to many times his opponent side stepped him and witter took a head first tumble right out of the ring and landed on some video monitors, piss funny and it couldnt of happened to a better nob ed.

that was hilarious.

it was like he did a WWE style flying body splash onto the cameraman!!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Witter looked awful that night It is amazing somebody as crude as El Maachi could do that to him Witter's fall from grace has been great to watch couldn't happen to a nicer man.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Cowboy From Hell wrote:Witter looked awful that night It is amazing somebody as crude as El Maachi could do that to him Witter's fall from grace has been great to watch couldn't happen to a nicer man.

My sentiments exactly, i'd have much rather have seen his career end with El Maachi knocking him out, but I suppose we can't get everything we want.
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 pm

such a frustratin fighter witter when he was in against vivian harris ( i think) he looked a world beater but majority of his fights u just ended up screamin at the tv in frustration. Dont get me wrong i dont mind a bit of showboatin if u back it up wi somethin but witter rarely did,
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Witter has been on the slide big time since he lost the belt to Bradley, he lost in Italy in February when he was a heavey favourite, he's from Bradford like me though so I won't bad mouth him 2 much
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Strange night of boxing on July 23rd, Dereck Chisora is facing Tyson Fury, and it will be on Channel 5! Amir Khan faces Zab Judah in a unification match for the WBA and IBF light welterweight titles, and thats on Primetime! and then Darren Barker is left to fight on Sky Sports, I think Sky has missed a trick here not having a supershow on Sky Box Office with action from all 3 of the venues, suppose with Haye fighting on SBO on July 2nd, they might not have wanted to have a PPV 3 weeks later, but still, it probably would have sold pretty well, nothing in comparision to Haye and Klit though.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

gre660wl wrote:any 1 watch prizefighter on sky a couple of weeks ago? If not have a look on youtube in the final their was junior witter prancin about in true junior witter style, lunging at his opponent and doin pathetic showboatin when he took a lunge 1 to many times his opponent side stepped him and witter took a head first tumble right out of the ring and landed on some video monitors, piss funny and it couldnt of happened to a better nob ed.

yeah i saw that was funny like.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:06 am

I absolutely can't stand David Haye, especially after he conned me into buying that freakshow Haye vs Harrison - complete bollocks! Never again will I buy his PPVs... WAR KLITSCKHO!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 am

David Haye is hugely over-rated, and he's a complete cock. He's beaten nobody, was given a gift against one of the worst HW champions of all time in a fight he lost in the eyes of most people outside Britain, and has talked his way into this fight.

He got outboxed by Valuev until Valuev got tired (and Valuev has literally no boxing skills!!) and he's going to beat a Klitschko?? I can't see it. His only chance is one big punch to land and Wlad's chin to give way. And Haye's chin is not exactly made of stone either.

He's taken the easier of the options fighting Wlad. Vitali would have destroyed him with incredible ease.

Klitschko by KO in the 7th or 8th
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:David Haye is hugely over-rated, and he's a complete cock. He's beaten nobody, was given a gift against one of the worst HW champions of all time in a fight he lost in the eyes of most people outside Britain, and has talked his way into this fight.

He got outboxed by Valuev until Valuev got tired (and Valuev has literally no boxing skills!!) and he's going to beat a Klitschko?? I can't see it. His only chance is one big punch to land and Wlad's chin to give way. And Haye's chin is not exactly made of stone either.

He's taken the easier of the options fighting Wlad. Vitali would have destroyed him with incredible ease.

I must admit, i've been a big fan of Haye from early on in his career, I went to France to see him beat Jean Marc Mormeck to unify the cruiserweight division, and I went to watch him against Enzo Mac, Barrett, Ruiz and Harrison (the latter I regret), but I haven't been impressed with the way he has conducted himself in this fight. Infact, I was less annoyed with the way he conducted himself the first time they were meant to fight, when he wore the top with him holding the two brothers heads. I think Klitschko has come across brilliantly in the build up to the fight, and Haye's refusal to as Klitschko calls it "Shake a the magic hand!" was a bit of a bad mistake. As for whether he has talked himself into the fight, 2 years ago I would agree, as he was a nobody in the HW division, but I think this time round, after all the build up and the will they won't they factor, Klitschko has to fight Haye for the same reasons Haye has to fight Klitschko, not to as much of an extent, because Klitschko has much more greater accomplishments in the HW division, but if this fight worn't to take place and we were to look back on it in 10 years, it would always leave the debate open as to who would win, a similar position Mayweather and Pacman find themselves in now. I'm in a position of where my head says Klitschko and my heart says Haye, and it all comes down to the gameplan that Haye employs, if he comes in and trys to win using a backfoot strategy like he did against Valuev, then Klitschko will win, if he comes in aggresively and tries to hurt Klitschko early on, then Haye has a good chance of winning this fight, either way, win or lose, both men will be loaded after this fight, and in today's world thats all it comes down to.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:07 am

I have lost interest in boxing but hopefully someone can unify the HW belts and make them relevant again.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:David Haye is hugely over-rated, and he's a complete cock. He's beaten nobody, was given a gift against one of the worst HW champions of all time in a fight he lost in the eyes of most people outside Britain, and has talked his way into this fight.

I must admit, i've been a big fan of Haye from early on in his career, I went to France to see him beat Jean Marc Mormeck to unify the cruiserweight division, and I went to watch him against Enzo Mac, Barrett, Ruiz and Harrison (the latter I regret), but I haven't been impressed with the way he has conducted himself in this fight. Infact, I was less annoyed with the way he conducted himself the first time they were meant to fight, when he wore the top with him holding the two brothers heads. I think Klitschko has come across brilliantly in the build up to the fight, and Haye's refusal to as Klitschko calls it "Shake a the magic hand!" was a bit of a bad mistake. As for whether he has talked himself into the fight, 2 years ago I would agree, as he was a nobody in the HW division, but I think this time round, after all the build up and the will they won't they factor, Klitschko has to fight Haye for the same reasons Haye has to fight Klitschko, not to as much of an extent, because Klitschko has much more greater accomplishments in the HW division, but if this fight worn't to take place and we were to look back on it in 10 years, it would always leave the debate open as to who would win, a similar position Mayweather and Pacman find themselves in now. I'm in a position of where my head says Klitschko and my heart says Haye, and it all comes down to the gameplan that Haye employs, if he comes in and trys to win using a backfoot strategy like he did against Valuev, then Klitschko will win, if he comes in aggresively and tries to hurt Klitschko early on, then Haye has a good chance of winning this fight, either way, win or lose, both men will be loaded after this fight, and in today's world thats all it comes down to.

Klitschko's legacy is secured with or without David Haye. Who has Haye beaten at HW? The worst HW champ ever, a has-been and Fraudley? All Haye has done is talk and use his stupid "The Hayemaker is coming for you" line. He never even beat any top CW in their prime. His only impressive win is Mormeck who was years past his best. He fought a bunch of stiffs, then beat up a past it Mormeck who nearly finished him. Then he made ONE defense of his CW titles and he avoided all the real contenders and instead fought Enzo Maccarinelli who's awful and just another protected British fighter who gets destroyed when he faces anyone decent. He ran off to HW, fought 37 year old Monte Barrett who was never much to begin with but was past it when Haye fought. Then he fought Valuev who's crap, got outboxed and got a gift. Then he fought John Ruiz who was decent in 2002 but is clearly past it and had been retired by the time he fought Haye. THEN to top off this stunning run of poor fighters, he fought Fraudley!!!

This is nothing like Manny-Floyd. Haye's not even in the debate for the top HW in the world. In fact, there is no debate. Vitali Klitschko is the best HW in the world and one of the all time greats. Wladimir is number 2 and then there's a MASSIVE gap to Adamek, and then to Haye. Wladimir is already loaded, he doesn't need Haye. He just wants to prove a point.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Spoiler:
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 am

Sheldan wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:13 am

Was it a good fight? Worth watching for a saturday night in ??
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:13 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sponsored content