THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Boxing discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 am

Sheldan wrote:I said Robert Helenius is seen as the number 3 heavyweight in the world.

No he's not.

Klitschko, Klitschko, Povetkin. Top 3 HWs in the world, don't think I've seen anyone list a different top 3 for over a year now.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:21 am

After Helenius knocked out Samuel Peter, most publications had him as their number 3 fighter, then when Povetkin won the WBA title, many put Povetkin as their number 3 but many also still had Helenius as their number 3, Helenius was seen as the 4th best though to those who had 3, still worthy of a title shot if you beat the number 3/4 fighter in the world if it hadn't have been for poor judging.

Spoiler:
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:49 am

Spoiler:
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:16 am

Spoiler:
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:49 pm

crazy night apparently the german police are getting involved
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Spoiler:

I could hardly believe what was happening, thats going to be some fight when/if they make it happen!!!!

I know Chisora was totally wrong for this, the spitting and slapping but David Haye shouldn't have been allowed to gate crash the press conference. It was a lame attempt to goad Vitali into a fight that back fired badly!!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Spoiler:
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Saw on Twitter that Gareth A Davies retweeted one of Armbars own Sheldan's tweets. How did he come about this Sheldan? Does mop head follow you on twitter?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    Spoiler:

Summed up perfectly Pete.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm

superman_punch wrote:Saw on Twitter that Gareth A Davies retweeted one of Armbars own Sheldan's tweets. How did he come about this Sheldan? Does mop head follow you on twitter?

What was the tweet?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

superman_punch wrote:Saw on Twitter that Gareth A Davies retweeted one of Armbars own Sheldan's tweets. How did he come about this Sheldan? Does mop head follow you on twitter?

Haha, he doesn't follow me but I was the first person to post the video on Twitter and then everybody just kept retweeting it so I assume he just saw it that way, even Ariel Helwani got in on the act by retweeting me!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Spoiler:

Completely agree

That kind of shit should not be accepted or allowed in the sport,I hope the police and boxing authorities come down hard on them.

Chisora's simply a big,uneducated,ignorant thug.

This is one of the biggest differances between MMA fighters and boxers,MMA fighters have mostly been brought up in martial arts that teach discipline and respect or you have college atheletes,who had to stay in school,study and get an education,just so they can continue doing the sports they love,where as it seems for the majority of boxers in the world,there is no respect or educating outside of being tought to box.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Sheldan wrote:

Haha, he doesn't follow me but I was the first person to post the video on Twitter and then everybody just kept retweeting it so I assume he just saw it that way, even Ariel Helwani got in on the act by retweeting me!

No way Ariel even got in on it. That's awesome. My only recognition was from Mark Munoz and Tottenhams average at best Jake Livermore
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 am

Sheldan wrote:

Boxing discussion - Page 15 Not-Bad_o_93049
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Well that was an eventful weekend. Laughing

Something that has probably gone under the radar over the weekend was poor Gabriel Campillo getting robbed of a decision yet again although It was no where near as bad as the Shumenov robbery It was still a bad 'un. On a side note Cloud was probably lucky Zsolt Ottk...I mean Zsolt Erdei got injured and pull out of the original meeting I think Zsolt would have exposed Cloud pretty badly.
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:50 am

Huck/Povetkin was a good fight. Cleverly dominated and unfortunately Maidana lost though I didnt see that one. Good weekend for boxing and MMA

IMO the actions of 'Del Boy' and Haye, have brought British HW boxing to one of it's lowest levels. I was ready to put Chisora's pre-fight actions down to a combination of nerves, inexperience and a desire to sell the fight, but fuck me, last night was inexcusable. To allow Haye to goad him into a fist fight at the post match conference, and then accuse him of bottling him (when it was quite clear that the only bottle in evidence was an open plastic water bottle, still in Haye's hand when he punched him) and then to go on a Tysonesque tirade of how he was going to shoot, kill and burn Haye???? Not that I'm saying Haye was blameless, but he stood his ground, he didn't stride to the podium and try to get in Chisora's face. Hope the pair get lifelong fucking bans, athough that is never going to happen in a million years

didya want Gil, Shields, Nick and Nate to get lifelong bans for jumping Mayhem on live TV? Chisora biting that guy before was worse anyway

This is one of the biggest differances between MMA fighters and boxers,MMA fighters have mostly been brought up in martial arts that teach discipline and respect or you have college atheletes,who had to stay in s chool,study and get an education,just so they can continue doing the sports they love,where as it seems for the majority of boxers in the world,there is no respect or educating outside of being tought to box.
    in the UK MMA fighters and boxers are of the same ilk imo for the most part and there's plenty of cross over between the two worlds. I think there's the difference that the people who are training MMA at a young age now who are students have rich parents because that's the only way they can afford it. I cant afford MMA and Im a student, whereas boxing is affordable. In America though so many people have an NCAA background so othey're educated. It's not like MMA is some incredibly honourable, respectful thing compared to boxing. It started out with Pele ripping out Macaco's earring and now it's Chael Sonnen constantly saying Brazilians are illiterate thieves.

I think if there's a difference in how often this sorta stuff occurs between the sports it's because MMA fighters are subservient to their promotion whereas boxers are almost self-employed. If Mayweather beats his ex girlfriend then it's got nothing to do with his job, but if somebody in the UFC did that they'd get fired like Rogers was.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:54 am

uly wrote:Huck/Povetkin was a good fight. Cleverly dominated and unfortunately Maidana lost though I didnt see that one. Good weekend for boxing and MMA

IMO the actions of 'Del Boy' and Haye, have brought British HW boxing to one of it's lowest levels. I was ready to put Chisora's pre-fight actions down to a combination of nerves, inexperience and a desire to sell the fight, but fuck me, last night was inexcusable. To allow Haye to goad him into a fist fight at the post match conference, and then accuse him of bottling him (when it was quite clear that the only bottle in evidence was an open plastic water bottle, still in Haye's hand when he punched him) and then to go on a Tysonesque tirade of how he was going to shoot, kill and burn Haye???? Not that I'm saying Haye was blameless, but he stood his ground, he didn't stride to the podium and try to get in Chisora's face. Hope the pair get lifelong fucking bans, athough that is never going to happen in a million years

didya want Gil, Shields, Nick and Nate to get lifelong bans for jumping Mayhem on live TV? Chisora biting that guy before was worse anyway

Yes, is the short answer. I have no time for it. It's the schoolyard mentality of, 'if I kick off here, someone will stop it, and if they don't, I've got plenty of backup'. I wasequally voiciferous of the Mongoloid brothers and their attempts to bring MMA down to the same levels.

With regards to whether Chisora has done worse, I don't see how that has any bearing here, other than to put Chisora, in an even worse light.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 am

Anyone think the Bottle Haye hit him with seemed to Misteriously vaporise almost as if it was sugar glass.... I dont know wether it was a publicity stunt or not but ive been Bottled 3 different times and I wish the Bottle had or varopised on my head like that! Laughing

Anyone going to watch Fury vs Roan in Belfast, booking my tickets this weekend. I saw Roggie in the street a couple of weeks back and he was looking really lean. Tyson has never been in a dull fight, always rocked then getting a stoppage... I can see this being a good fight to watch.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Anyone think the Bottle Haye hit him with seemed to Misteriously vaporise almost as if it was sugar glass.... I dont know wether it was a publicity stunt or not but ive been Bottled 3 different times and I wish the Bottle had or varopised on my head like that! Laughing

Anyone going to watch Fury vs Roan in Belfast, booking my tickets this weekend. I saw Roggie in the street a couple of weeks back and he was looking really lean. Tyson has never been in a dull fight, always rocked then getting a stoppage... I can see this being a good fight to watch.

I'll be honest I am very pissed that Fury dump his belts to make this fight I love Rogan and he certainly lives up to his moniker (The Entertainer) but this fight saddens me and empathize what is wrong with Boxing right now. Fury & Hennessey Don't what to fight Price and picking Rogan who has seen better days and been in-active for 18 months as his next challenge for the vacant Irish Belt to me just stinks. Mad

Talking of Heavyweight the Huck Povetkin fight was the most thrilling HW fight I've seen for years the hatred both men had for each other really made the fight I really hope a rematch is made instead of a proposed fight with Rahman for Povetkin.
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm

uly wrote:Huck/Povetkin was a good fight. Cleverly dominated and unfortunately Maidana lost though I didnt see that one. Good weekend for boxing and MMA

Yes, is the short answer. I have no time for it. It's the schoolyard mentality of, 'if I kick off here, someone will stop it, and if they don't, I've got plenty of backup'. I wasequally voiciferous of the Mongoloid brothers and their attempts to bring MMA down to the same levels.

With regards to whether Chisora has done worse, I don't see how that has any bearing here, other than to put Chisora, in an even worse light.

fair enough, and yeah Chisora is a dick.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:23 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Anyone think the Bottle Haye hit him with seemed to Misteriously vaporise almost as if it was sugar glass.... I dont know wether it was a publicity stunt or not but ive been Bottled 3 different times and I wish the Bottle had or varopised on my head like that! Laughing

Ill be there bro! I went to the his two fights vs Sexton also. Although, if im honest, I cant see the big man beating Fury, but I can hope! lol
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Dereck Chisora Banned By The World Boxing Council (WBC) !!!

WBC : ''José Sulaimán president of The World Boxing Council has followed strictly all the actions related to the misconduct of British Heavyweight D.Chisora , considered one of the worst behaviors ever by a professional boxer, and we stand strongly with the British Boxing Board of Control and the BDB to resolve this cas immediately.

The WBC is absolutely condemning behaviors that are not to be accepted in boxing under any circumstances and will act as soon as it can proceed to impose the fines and sanctions as we consider necessary including slapping WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in the face at their weigh-in on February 17, spitting water in the face of Wladimir Klitschko on February 18th and brawling with countryman David Haye at the post fight press conference.

The WBC is imposing a serious fine to be finally determined after a hearing to be held under the supervision of our counsel representative attorney Stephen Beverly the WBC will aslo take off from the WBC ranking the name of Dereck Chisora and declare an indefinite suspension against fighting again for a WBC title while demandin Chisora to take an anger management medical treatment after which his suspension will be reconsidered.

Boxing has won through the years an outstanding position in the world of sports and is liked by a President as well as by a shoe shine boy. The WBC has devoted at least 35 years for safety and boxing is today a sport that had only one fatal accident in minor boxing , that has overturned the past. Boxers are gentlemen and show to the world and example of honor and fair play when after a tremendous battle, they go to the center of the ring to pay respect to each other.

Dereck Chisora is not going to tarnish the sport for those born in the humblest beds, who become sports heroes of the world to live a life of dignity and pride. Chisora however as a human being that he is , is going to be strongly invited to enter an anger management rehabilitating program that hopefully will act in his benefit."
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:

Ill be there bro! I went to the his two fights vs Sexton also. Although, if im honest, I cant see the big man beating Fury, but I can hope! lol

I met Rogan a few years back, love the man, I've been begging for this fight for the last year, I think it's come too late for him now though, he hasn't had a competitve fight since 2009, hopefully he can do the business though!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Might see you there P4P, ill pm you my mobile number if your drinking afterwards!

Whered you meet him Sheldan? I didnt see Rogans last fight against Sexton but he clearly should have won the 1st one... He is seriously hard to hurt and will make a fight of it With Fury's defence and Chin always getting him in trouble its only a matter of time before someone KO's him, Fingers crossed its Rogan!

The winner of this should push for a shot at Povetkin or something, Boxing's Hw devision is so thin than Chisora gets a shot I dont see why one of them cant.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah he should have won the first one, just that much of a nice guy that he lacked that killer instinct when Sexton was out of it! The second fight he went into injured but didn't want to let the fans down, so he had to retire after a few rounds due to injury. Met him at the David Haye-John Ruiz fight in Manchester in 2010, got talking to him for a while, really nice guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:50 am