THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
quicksuperlee
SirSquatAlot
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
Once Mohawked Pete
Mryzyz
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
Cowboys From Hell
efils_god
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
16 posters

The Music Thread

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

The Music Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Music Thread

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 am

I'll be honest I love Crowded House and I'm not afraid to admit while people were listening to and raving about Nevermind, Ten and The Black Album I was listening to Woodface over those records Laughing.

Speaking of early 90's I've been listening to a lot of Helmet & Quicksand recently especially Meantime & Slip.

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 pm

On the hip hop scene it's got to be beastie boys for me gents! I got the chance to see them live aswell a few years back, they were unbelieveable! And mix master mike was quality!

I'm a big fan of the more chilled dance/hip hop scene too like Dj shadow, cut chemist and stuff like that...
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 am

If there are any big Pearl Jam fans, I can thoroughly recommend the new documentary on them being together for 20 years. It's called Pearl Jam Twenty I think - good insight into the Seattle music scene in the early 90's as well
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Ginginho wrote:If there are any big Pearl Jam fans, I can thoroughly recommend the new documentary on them being together for 20 years. It's called Pearl Jam Twenty I think - good insight into the Seattle music scene in the early 90's as well

Going to see them in Manchester in June, can't wait! I'll check out the documentary.

Not on my laptop so can't post a link but check YouTube out for EddieVedder and Bruce Springsteen singing Better Man. It's pretty cool.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 pm

SirSquatAlot wrote:
    Ginginho wrote:If there are any big Pearl Jam fans, I can thoroughly recommend the new documentary on them being together for 20 years. It's called Pearl Jam Twenty I think - good insight into the Seattle music scene in the early 90's as well

Going to see them in Manchester in June, can't wait! I'll check out the documentary.

Not on my laptop so can't post a link but check YouTube out for EddieVedder and Bruce Springsteen singing Better Man. It's pretty cool.

I saw them when they came to NZ recently - best concert ever!! Opened with Daughter and just carried on for 2 hours of herb-enhanced magic - is Ben Harper supporting? They play well together....
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Ginginho wrote:
    SirSquatAlot wrote:

I saw them when they came to NZ recently - best concert ever!! Opened with Daughter and just carried on for 2 hours of herb-enhanced magic - is Ben Harper supporting? They play well together....

Really looking forward to it, no Ben Harper though by the looks of it. A punk rock band called 'X' are main support? Never heard of them! Will check em out though.

Would have been great to see Ben Harper, never seen him either.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm

SirSquatAlot wrote:
    Ginginho wrote:
    SirSquatAlot wrote:

Really looking forward to it, no Ben Harper though by the looks of it. A punk rock band called 'X' are main support? Never heard of them! Will check em out though.

Would have been great to see Ben Harper, never seen him either.

X are pretty good band one of the forefathers of the LA Punk scene in the late 70's check out Los Angeles & Wild Gift 2 great records.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 am