THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Sheldan Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Well done Tarver! There is still life in the old dog yet! Now that he's a World Champion again lets see Dixon VS Balboa 2!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Gary Shaw and Ken Thompson, the co-promoters of unified junior welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr., have sued Bradley in Florida State Court for breach of contract over his refusal to go through with a fight against fellow titlist Amir Khan, which had been scheduled for Saturday in Las Vegas.

Khan instead will fight Zab Judah in a unification fight Saturday night in Las Vegas while Bradley is on the sidelines indefinitely. Shaw and Thompson claim Bradley still owes them one more fight.

Shaw and Thompson also sued Cameron Dunkin, Bradley's co-manager, in the same lawsuit, which was filed July 1 in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court in Broward Country, Fla.

Shaw and Thompson are seeking damages on income they say they would have earned on a Bradley-Khan fight. They estimate their 20 percent share of the profits -- the other 80 percent would have gone to Bradley -- would have been "in excess of $450,000."

They are also seeking an injunction against Bradley, who has declared himself a free agent, that would prevent him from signing, negotiating with or fighting for any other promoter.

"Obviously, I hope Timmy will come back to Thompson and I and resume his career in a positive way, the way it was going," Shaw told ESPN.com.

They allege that Dunkin tortiously interfered with their promotional agreement by convincing Bradley not to go through with the fight and for talking to other promoters about working with Bradley while he was still under contract to them.

"I can't comment on it. I have an attorney and there will be a response," Dunkin told ESPN.com.

According to the suit, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN.com, Shaw and Thompson claim that in October 2010 they signed Bradley to a two-fight contract extension to coincide with a two-fight deal Shaw had negotiated for Bradley to appear exclusively on HBO.

Bradley's extension was due to expire on June 30 with the first bout taking place Jan. 29, when he defeated Devon Alexander in a unification bout. When HBO scheduled the second date for July 23 -- after the expiration date -- Shaw and Thompson claim that Dunkin agreed at a Feb. 7 meeting in Las Vegas to wait the additional three weeks for the fight with Khan to take place.

"I read recently that he said he wants to fight the winner of the Khan-Judah fight. Huh? He had the opportunity to fight Khan (on Saturday) and he didn't take it because someone convinced him 23 days was too long to wait," Shaw said. "It doesn't mean the next deal he is offered for that fight will be better deal than the one we had for him."

Although the promoters claim they only owed Bradley $1.2 million for the fight under their two-fight extension, they eventually upped the offer to a minimum of $1.4 million against 80 percent of the net profits. The suit claims that Bradley stood to earn about $1.8 million total.

The increase came when Golden Boy Promotions, Khan's promoter, found out Bradley had rejected the fight and Khan, who badly wanted to fight Bradley, authorized Golden Boy to cut Bradley in for 50 percent of whatever television money was generated in his home country of England, as well as in the Middle East and Africa -- territories Khan controlled. However, Bradley and Dunkin declined.

The suit claims Dunkin had been negotiating for several months with other unnamed promoters for Bradley's services. It was an open secret in boxing circles that Top Rank had expressed interest in Bradley as a potential opponent for Manny Pacquiao, and Dunkin has close ties to Top Rank.

"Ken and myself are prepared to do whatever has to be done," Shaw said. "If it means a long and protracted litigation we're prepared for that. But we're all hopeful it doesn't get to that. I don't understand what Bradley gained by not fighting the fight with Khan, which would have satisfied the two-fight deal he had with us and the two-fight deal he had with HBO."
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 am

Del Boy lost that fight yesterday when he weighed in, as soon as they said he weighed 17 pounds more than ever before I knew he wouldn't win, yet another example of a fighter who has all the talent but just doesn't put the effort and desire in where needed and ends up underestimating opponents and going into the ring in terrible shape, now we have to endure Fury calling out the Klitschko's for the next few months.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Far play to fury he did alright took a few big shots in the second, he should sit quiet and in a couple of years win they retire he could make a ton of money

Did you see Amir khan ?i
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah, found a stream online, I'm not paying 15 quid for Khan, he looked good to be fair, dominated Judah from start to finish, the body shot was legal, Judah trying to claim it was below the belt was laughable. I hope Khan fights Bradley next and not Erik Morales like it's expected, Morales is a legend but he's way past his best, Bradley would be a good challenge for Khan and would clear the rest of the division before moving up to Welterweight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Fair play to Fury he looked decent and fully deserved the win but Chisora's extra weight was clearly the difference In the fight Chisora was plain out slow and predictable don't fancy Fury's chances against Price though David will probably beat him again.

Zab Judah should return his purse or at least donate It to a charity his performance of the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz last night was award winning Zab just bottled it, again.

Khan looked good he was very sharp and shown good movement the speed difference was staggering I knew there would an obvious advantage but not that much of an advantage also should mention Gary Russell Jr looked very good I really think GB should be pushing hard to get him under a contract the kid is going to be a star.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Thought Kahn looked really good,completely out classed Judah from start to finish,broke the guys will and took his heart away from him.
    Can't ask for more than that.

Hope Bradley steps up,so Kahn can be the undisputed 140lb champ.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that punch on Zab either,it was on the belt line,right on his belly button,not below it.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I know, It wasn't even a borderline shot It clearly hit the top of his waistband Zab just wanted out he did the same against Clottey (although to be fair It was big cut) he wasn't even listening to Sweet Pea in between Rounds it was obvious even after the 1st Round he wanted out.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 pm

The Fury fight was the most embarassing HW boxing match ive EVER SEEN! it was complete shite! Fury wouldn't have a chance in HELL against Klischko! He was mocking in the fight too I was pissing my pants laughing! The tit wasn't doing anything to deserve mocking, both fighters were complete cack!

I rekon with abit of training I could beat Fury!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 am

the only other heavyweight fight i have seen recently was Haye/Klitschko - which was far more embarrasinig Laughing
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 am

You often get shockers in the heavyweight decision it was a poor standard but was better than a lot the first 4 rounds were plenty of action
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:45 pm

After Sky told HBO that they wouldn't put the Mayweather VS Ortiz fight on Box Office, and then HBO turning down having it on Sky Sports, the fight will be airing on Primetime. Huge mistake from HBO not to let Sky show the fight, with the lack of promotion this fight will get now, hopefully it will make HBO realise that these fights need to be on Sky.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Fair play to Primetime that is some coup to get Mayweather vs Ortiz but I not paying £15 for it no chance, Isn't Ellenberger vs Shiels on the same night too In hindsight I bet Zuffa wished they could have moved the card.

Anyone see Russell Mora's performance in the fight between Mares & Agbeko in the Showtime Bantemweight Final that has to some of the worst officiating ever In a World Title fight and spoiled a pretty good fight barring his shenanigans.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Fair play to Primetime that is some coup to get Mayweather vs Ortiz but I not paying £15 for it no chance, Isn't Ellenberger vs Shiels on the same night too In hindsight I bet Zuffa wished they could have moved the card.

Anyone see Russell Mora's performance in the fight between Mares & Agbeko in the Showtime Bantemweight Final that has to some of the worst officiating ever In a World Title fight and spoiled a pretty good fight barring his shenanigans.

The fact he ruled the knockdown as a knockdown despite it being because of a low blow is a joke, the judges don't have to score it a knockdown though, we saw in the Mosley fight that when Pacman slipped and the referee ruled it as a knockdown, the judges ignored that and didn't score the knockdown, they should have done the same here. Although it wouldn't have made much difference to the scores due to Mora's failure to take away points for the constant low blows.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:11 pm

It was bloody awful the anger in the Agbeko corner was justified in between 11-12 It was unreal the performance of Mora and Keith Kizer has said no action will be taken and put it down as a bad night for Mora (on his performance), Bad night is a bloody understatement to say the least.

Also Bernstein and Tarver's were upset too especially Bernstein I thought Berstein was going to go in to Teddy Atlas mode on Mora.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 am

SKY's Boxing season kicks off tonight should be a great fight to get started to with Jaime McDonnell taking on Stuart Hall certainly worth catching.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 am

only 2 weeks till mayweather
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Anyone see the argument between Floyd Jr and Floyd Sr on 24/7, what a joke that was.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Did they have subtitles for Floyd Sr.?? I can't understand a word the man says.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:49 pm

i saw it cringing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Did they have subtitles for Floyd Sr.?? I can't understand a word the man says.

It was pretty hard to understand, basically it consisted of Jr going "Roger is my trainer, he made me, not you mother fucker" .. Then Sr would say "bdljalfld skaldic kdkfkd I MADE YOU MOTHER FUCKER jdldldlaa djdldlls" .. And that went on for about 5 minutes until Jr said "Get the fuck out my gym mother fucker, nobody wants you hear, you're a joke" .. Then Sr would said "djflgls djflgls fkdllss dfldls MOTHER FUCKER dkfllf" etc etc ... Very disrespectful from Jr.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:04 pm

How many episodes have aired so far?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:How many episodes have aired so far?

Just one, second episode is airing in the States tonight I think.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Saturday's Boxing on Sky:

Vitali Klitschko VS Tomasz Adamek - WBC Heavyweight Title
    Paul McCloskey VS Breidis Prescott - WBA Light Welterweight Title Eliminator
    Carl Frampton VS Mark Quon - Commonwealth Super Bantamweight Title

Add to that BAMMA AND Strikeforce, and Saturday is going to be a great night of fighting!

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Good night of action last night, McCloskey was lucky to get the decision, anywhere other than Belfast and he probably would have lost that fight. The Vitali win was as one sided as any, it just shows how good the Klitschko's are, seeing how Haye and Adamek were apparently the ones who would give them their toughest test, and they were beaten with ease. Vitali said he wants 2-4 more fights then he's calling it a day. He also said that he would love to fight in Britain, Vitali VS Haye anyone?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:43 am