THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Boxing discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Fury has balls at 24 he is after Vitali Klitschko (and hopefully will get his wish in March) Fury has been calling out Adamek before that so at least he is trying to get to the top.

Price turned down a fight with Fury, (who floored him when he was a teenager in a loosing performance in the amatures) Price is 29 (peak) and isnt trying to progress his career. Tony Thompson is a stepping stone, he needs to start calling out Adamek, Haye or a Klitschko. No respect for him keeping the devision stagnent.

If you look at the top 10.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Adamek
    Pulev
    Haye
    Fury
    Helenius
    Dimitrenko
    Solis

Id say thats the top 10, Maby the yanks Mitchell or Banks? Price probabally top 15, Glazkov maby?

There are plenty of good fights for Price, Thompson is a meaningless fight and to me it shows a real lack of guts at 29 when there are numerous guys his age and size higher ranked.

Gotta admire Fury for trying to go for the top guys at least.

Whatever about Fury being 10th, he's certainly not 7th.

Calling out guys you know are well above you and making a fool of yourself every time a microphone is put in front of you does not move you up the rankings.

The 650k story about Price is bullshit by the way. Price was happy to fight him in Liverpool, Fury shit his pants at the though of.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:13 pm

If there are only 9 Boxers on the planet who would beat Fury in the ring then what a fucking sad state of affairs for Heavyweight boxing.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Fury has balls at 24 he is after Vitali Klitschko (and hopefully will get his wish in March) Fury has been calling out Adamek before that so at least he is trying to get to the top.

Price turned down a fight with Fury, (who floored him when he was a teenager in a loosing performance in the amatures) Price is 29 (peak) and isnt trying to progress his career. Tony Thompson is a stepping stone, he needs to start calling out Adamek, Haye or a Klitschko. No respect for him keeping the devision stagnent.

If you look at the top 10.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Adamek
    Pulev
    Haye
    Fury
    Helenius
    Dimitrenko
    Solis

Id say thats the top 10, Maby the yanks Mitchell or Banks? Price probabally top 15, Glazkov maby?

There are plenty of good fights for Price, Thompson is a meaningless fight and to me it shows a real lack of guts at 29 when there are numerous guys his age and size higher ranked.

Gotta admire Fury for trying to go for the top guys at least.

Whatever about Fury being 10th, he's certainly not 7th.

Calling out guys you know are well above you and making a fool of yourself every time a microphone is put in front of you does not move you up the rankings.

The 650k story about Price is bullshit by the way. Price was happy to fight him in Liverpool, Fury shit his pants at the though of.

Didnt mean that in a set order mate, Was just listing the guys I though would be top 10, Fury is in and around the top 10. Maby the 650K is bullshit, if Fury turned down 1 million who knows. Fury and Haye should stop making noise about a shot at Vitali when there are guys like Pulev they need to get past.

Adamek for me is easy pickings for either of them Areola is ranked number 2 by WBO or one of the organisations, they should target one of them, beat someone highly ranked before they make so much noise.

Id really like to see the top Heavies in a tournament insted of seeing guys like Price fight Fraudley and Haye fighting Chisora who had like 1 win outta his last 5 I think... the day that earns you a shot is a sad day.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Even though he is full of hot air I at least respect Tyson for going after Vitali, Its a shame Price is coming up so slowly Thompson is still ranked top 15ish I think he is a total journeyman, hope its onwards and upwards for price after him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 am

Has there ever been a worse era in HW boxing? There are literally two great fighters in it, and lots and lots AND LOTS of absolute shit.

Personally I think Price would beat Fury.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 pm

It's pretty dire Anfield especially stateside It's incredible to think guys like Wilder, Mitchell and Malik Scott are considered their top prospects. TBH the European scene isn't a great deal better Glazkov, Price and Pulev are probably our best lot and most likely to do something. I honestly don't see Fury being a genuine World champion to me technically he isn't anything special and doesn't carry enough power to compete at the top level IMO.

Speaking of Heavyweight possibly my favorite ever Boxer Audley Harrison is returning for the HW Prizefight scheduled in February (It will be the lead in for the Brook Alexander fight). Hopefully 2013 will be the year for A-Force to finally become a World Champion. cheers Cool
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:It's pretty dire Anfield especially stateside It's incredible to think guys like Wilder, Mitchell and Malik Scott are considered their top prospects. TBH the European scene isn't a great deal better Glazkov, Price and Pulev are probably our best lot and most likely to do something. I honestly don't see Fury being a genuine World champion to me technically he isn't anything special and doesn't carry enough power to compete at the top level IMO.

Speaking of Heavyweight possibly my favorite ever Boxer Audley Harrison is returning for the HW Prizefight scheduled in February (It will be the lead in for the Brook Alexander fight). Hopefully 2013 will be the year for A-Force to finally become a World Champion. cheers Cool

I love prizefighter, Its a great show the last one he did where he KO'd that Gypsy boy was a great event. He should fight Danny Williams again! Laughing
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am

Steve Collins vs Roy jones Jr

I really hope this fight doesn't get made, however there's a sick side of me that would probably watch it.

Next you'll have Eubank an Benn 3
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah that sounds a horrible fight It reminds me of the 3rd Jeff Fenech & Azumah Nelson fight a few years back both men past there best and TBH I hope the doctors put a stop to this fight.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 pm

I don't understand what they are trying to prove with fights like this. All it shows is who has aged the better.

It certainly isn't going to prove who would have won had they fought 15years ago when they were at there best.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm

GSPfan11 wrote:I don't understand what they are trying to prove with fights like this. All it shows is who has aged the better.

It certainly isn't going to prove who would have won had they fought 15years ago when they were at there best.

Sadly I assume It's money related not sure about Collins's financial state but I know Roy needs the money pretty sure he owes the IRS millions.
    Detroit Dave
    Detroit Dave
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Detroit Dave Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am

Boxing? Thought this was a Mma forum
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 pm

it is an MMA FORUM hence the title of thread 'boxing discussion'

kind of gives it away that this thread is not MMA related
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Can't wait til Tomorrow nights fight Should be be 2 cracking headliners really looking forward to Kiko Martinez vs Carl Frampton this will be a real test for 'The Jackal' Kiko is no joke and certainly packs power. Selby vs Lindsay should be a great fight too .
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 am

Sonny Bill Williams just beat Franz Botha in a fight that was supposed to go 12 rounds but only went for 10 cos SBW was getting fucked up!! Strange situation.....
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Lads can you help, im streaming the Frampton card on first row sport. Popups are a nightmare, anyone got a good stream?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Ging, that whole fight seems farcical to me from 12 to 10 Rounds, Botha failing a drug test It was a farce no surprises Mundine was involved. Very Happy

What a win for The Jackal ! cheers

Really enjoyed the fight Carl answered a lot of questions in the fight he can box on the back foot, he as a decent chin and more importantly he has the power to stop boxers at a high level.

Selby looked fantastic I really wish they would find him a better competition though (No disrespect to Lindsay) he needs to moved on to Euro level now.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:47 am

And it gets even better!!!! Botha has come out and said he was offered $150k to take a dive.... The only good thing that might come out of this is there might be a SBW v David Tua fight on the cards....
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 am

Boxing discussion - Page 28 736256210

I'm still in disbelief I know Pricey's chin isn't great but that was a nothing shot and he folded like a deck of cards unbelievable !.

Best wishes to ickle Frank Maloney I don't like the man but I wish him a speedy recovery from his health problems.

Saturday wasn't that bad though as this happened.

Boxing discussion - Page 28 Audleyharrison_2903133

A Force is back baby he looked like Audley of 2000 he's turned back the clock and is well on to his goal of being World Champion this year. Cool
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Ginginho wrote:And it gets even better!!!! Botha has come out and said he was offered $150k to take a dive.... The only good thing that might come out of this is there might be a SBW v David Tua fight on the cards....

SBW? I love Tua, he could have been a Champ. Early Tua is so close to early Tyson but he looks old these days sad to say. Now if some of these MMA guys could get him on to TRT Smile Always hope for him though no matter what.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Ginginho wrote:And it gets even better!!!! Botha has come out and said he was offered $150k to take a dive.... The only good thing that might come out of this is there might be a SBW v David Tua fight on the cards....

SBW? I love Tua, he could have been a Champ. Early Tua is so close to early Tyson but he looks old these days sad to say. Now if some of these MMA guys could get him on to TRT Smile Always hope for him though no matter what.

Sonny Bill Williams - former All Black plays rugby league and boxes part time.

A friend from work trains at Tua's gym and said he is getting back into some good shape - he showed me a photo of him weight training, doing 225 kg shrugs, however impressive that is (I know nothing about weight training)

I still think he is well gone though but would still pay to watch him smash the rugby player.

A name to watch out for from NZ is Joseph Parker - a lot of money is being invested in his future by those in the NZ fight game - hopefully he lives up to the hype
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 pm

The exodus of Frank Warren promotions has begun George Groves has hooked up with Matchroom and fights this Saturday on the Darren Barker Bill on the same bill the Lee Purdy- Carson Jones is off and fights the ancient Cosme Rivera. Back to Warren the Burns-Vasquez card has fallen through for some dubios reasons (either lack of money offered to Vasquez or 'illness') lots a rumors going around that Burns might leave Warren.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Nice one mate, In Shape Tua would be great to see, he really had his Ups and Downs but he KO'd former champs, Shame he never got his hands on a major title. On a good night I think he could have put Wlad in some trouble after seeing how Peter found success.

Anyway checked out that guy SBW, looking forward to this, always been a big Tua fan. Treat to watch but he had slowed to a snals pace. You could have been watching Tyson if you squinted your eyes back in the day... still 2nd most 1st round KO's or Knockdowns to Tyson I think.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 pm

I really can't this SBW & Tua fight happening I'd like to see It though I think It will look like (Although likely over a lot quicker) the Popo Freitas v Michael Oliviera fight last year where old dog just schools the younger hype job in to Bolivian (yes I know what I said. Very Happy

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Looks like the rumors were true Ricky Burns has left Frank Warren which is HUGE NEWS ! and has stated he believed his fight with Vasquez was never going to happen, Warren's empire is crumbling big time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am