THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Boxing discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Anyone got any links for the Hatton fight tonight? I refuse to pay £15 for it!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

try thefirstrow.eu or vipboxsports.eu mate
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm off out for the night,but I'd really appreciate it if someone can post a link to a replay of the fight to watch tomorrow cheers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 am

You don't want to watch it mate.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 am

I have to admit that was hard to watch but I was not surprised at the outcome.

I enjoyed the undercard Buckland vs Foster was a good fight and Quigg looked fantastic against Munroe but the fight of the night and maybe even the year was Berto vs Guerrero wasn't a pretty fight by any stretch though. Very Happy

Hate to sound so cliched but the fight should have been held in phone booth I can't recall many times when either man were more than 6 inches apart. Although I thought the result was the right one (only just though) I thought the card was a bit too wide and Guerrero was lucky not to be docked some points.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:49 pm

I watched it, Crying or Very sad

That was sad to see
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am

Big weekend for Boxing fans this weekend but It's a shame 2 fights from the Match room card card got cancelled. Purdy v Jones that would have been a proper brawl but on flipside I'm glad Murray v Rees is off for John's sake although I'm slightly worried It was foe medical reasons why that fight got called off.

Looking forward to the weekend Matchroom card, Magee v Kessler, DeGale on 5, FOX 5 and JMM v Pac IV....That's a lot of action on the TV. Very Happy
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Spoiler:
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Just catching up on a bit of boxing today,. anyone a good link to Pacman vs JMM 4? Or the Kessler magee fight?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Lovley! Cheers mate, great weekend of fighting, Eubank Jr fighting twice in 2 weeks too. Lot of respect for him
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 am

Presume you guys have heard tyson fury trying to hype himself up against cain well stumbled upon this on youtube .

Cringe worthy stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk4q-6kqeFU
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 am

thebadgersbits wrote:Presume you guys have heard tyson fury trying to hype himself up against cain well stumbled upon this on youtube .

Cringe worthy stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk4q-6kqeFU

That is hilarious, almost cringeworthy stuff.

He keeps on banging on about Cain being a small heavyweight who doesn't have the power to take him off his feet... I'd bet a lot of money Dominick Cruz would take him down and beat him up!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 am

I'm starting to warm to Fury he's just so unintentionally funny. He kept on about small and lack of power yet small non punching Ameri-can boxers were smacking him up and down rings around fairgrounds 12 months ago.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Cain would not just beat Fury. He would kill Fury.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Didnt know he was doing all the training with the K-1 guys! Id love to see him have a go at that rather than MMA.

I have to say that it annoys me that people keep referencing Randy vs Toney as how these fights pan out, Why isnt Sylvia vs Mercer used as a point of reference?

Sure Cains Boxing is bad but Tysons MMA is non existent as far as we know (He might be throwing James Toney check kicks). Id still love to see him in UFC. He is young and picks things up fast (compare his technique in his last 2 to fights before that) He said at the end he would need time to learn what to do on the ground. So at least he is a bit of a realist.

Fury would give him a lot more trouble than Toney gave Couture (I know its impossible to do worse than that!) But he makes a good point about MMA figheters being able to hit him coming in. Tyson has quicker more powerfull hands and a longer reach than any MMA Hw, He would rock Cain like Kongo did and have a good chance of putting him to sleep.

Right now yes Cain would 9 outta 10 times avoid the KO and take him down and elbow him to death but teach that big man some grappling and he could be great. He is a top 10 Hw calling out an MMA figher, I suppose Toney spoilt it for anyone else with his preformance. I dont think UFC will ever allow another boxer to do it but if he won the title in boxing Id wonder if they would make an exception?

UFC Hw champ KOing Boxings Hw champ would make a statment. I dont know if Major boxers going 1-1 in MMA with MMA fighers really settles the debate. Can anyone see UFC allowing another Boxer to compete?
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm

I dont want to see anymore boxers in one off fights in MMA dont see the point they are two very different sports.

No one counts the Mercer win because it was against Sylvia who is about the only MMA fighter stupid enough to stand and trade with a top level boxer, the Tony fight was a farce dont think he did any MMA training TBH he talked his way into an easy pay day.

Fights like that had merit in the very early days before MMA evolved into the sport it is today.

Heavyweight boxing is a shambles at the mo and Fury is jumping on the MMA popularity to get some recognition and he is hopefully going to be ignored

Although thinking about it and going full circle I wouldnt mind seeing Fury vs Bisping
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Didnt know he was doing all the training with the K-1 guys! Id love to see him have a go at that rather than MMA.

I have to say that it annoys me that people keep referencing Randy vs Toney as how these fights pan out, Why isnt Sylvia vs Mercer used as a point of reference?

Sure Cains Boxing is bad but Tysons MMA is non existent as far as we know (He might be throwing James Toney check kicks). Id still love to see him in UFC. He is young and picks things up fast (compare his technique in his last 2 to fights before that) He said at the end he would need time to learn what to do on the ground. So at least he is a bit of a realist.

Fury would give him a lot more trouble than Toney gave Couture (I know its impossible to do worse than that!) But he makes a good point about MMA figheters being able to hit him coming in. Tyson has quicker more powerfull hands and a longer reach than any MMA Hw, He would rock Cain like Kongo did and have a good chance of putting him to sleep.

Right now yes Cain would 9 outta 10 times avoid the KO and take him down and elbow him to death but teach that big man some grappling and he could be great. He is a top 10 Hw calling out an MMA figher, I suppose Toney spoilt it for anyone else with his preformance. I dont think UFC will ever allow another boxer to do it but if he won the title in boxing Id wonder if they would make an exception?

UFC Hw champ KOing Boxings Hw champ would make a statment. I dont know if Major boxers going 1-1 in MMA with MMA fighers really settles the debate. Can anyone see UFC allowing another Boxer to compete?

Randy-Toney is used because it was wrestler vs boxer. Sylvia was always going to stand and trade.

Fury a top 10 HW? I don't agree mate.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I'd say Fury is just about a Top 10 HW and that's nothing due to talent or skill It's just HW is that bad currently. Fury has beat a plethora of bums and his latest win was a against a fat unmotivated highly ranked bum so that probably makes Top 10. Laughing

I'm warming to Fury but man I wish he would some relevant boxers the same can be said for David Price who's fighting the 65 year old Tony Thompson next month.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Fury has balls at 24 he is after Vitali Klitschko (and hopefully will get his wish in March) Fury has been calling out Adamek before that so at least he is trying to get to the top.

Price turned down a fight with Fury, (who floored him when he was a teenager in a loosing performance in the amatures) Price is 29 (peak) and isnt trying to progress his career. Tony Thompson is a stepping stone, he needs to start calling out Adamek, Haye or a Klitschko. No respect for him keeping the devision stagnent.

If you look at the top 10.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Adamek
    Pulev
    Haye
    Fury
    Helenius
    Dimitrenko
    Solis

Id say thats the top 10, Maby the yanks Mitchell or Banks? Price probabally top 15, Glazkov maby?

There are plenty of good fights for Price, Thompson is a meaningless fight and to me it shows a real lack of guts at 29 when there are numerous guys his age and size higher ranked.

Gotta admire Fury for trying to go for the top guys at least.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

If I was Fury mate I'd be calling out Adamek especially considering how poor he looked on the weekend before Christmas against USS Cunningham god knows how he got that decision not one person on press row gave Adamek the fight.

I'd like to see Fury fight someone like Glazkov or Pulev don't think either will happen but would be pretty interesting to see some prospects fight each other.

Price didn't turn down Fury at all Fury dropped his belts and ran on the day of purse bids of a proposed fight. I'd be surprised If fat Mick cashes out Fury against Vitali personally I think they are waiting for Povetkin who has looked pretty dire as of late or hope Vitali retires then fight someone like Chris Arreola for the vacant strap.

TBH mate I think the Yanks aren't going to allow the likes of Fury or Price fight any of there guys Mitchell just got sparked out by Jonathan Banks and as much power Wilder carries he looks easy to out box to me.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Read Furys camp offered Price 650K which he shot down to fight Tony Thompson.

I had the Adamek fight recorded but deleted it before I saw it. He isnt a Hw and is only there because there is more money than at Cw I reckon, Banks vs Mitchell worth a watch? Missed that one too! Got a bit of catching up to do!

I never thought Povetkin was the next big thing either despite the hype Id fancy Fury or Price to win against him...

Your right the Big European Prospects Glazkov or Pulev would be good even Helenius has name value now. Both Fury and Price need to mix it up with them if not each other too much can crushing going on.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Do you rate Arreola mate? After Vitali reduced him to tears I lost interest in him! Laughing know he dropped a good bit of weight and had a couple of wins after that loss but I dont ever see him getting to the top even after the Klitschko Bros are gone.

Is Sam Peter still alive? I remember he gave Wlad hell.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 am

I don't rate Arreola mate, But some reason he's very highly ranked pretty sure he's in an eliminator for Wlad against Bermaine Stiverne (The Canadian bloke who stopped Price in the Ammy's)

I think Peter's done he got brutally knocked out by Helenius in 2011 I think It was and hasn't returned since, A shame how Peter's career went I watched the Klitschko the other night and that fight was documented towards the end of the movie. Man Peter had some chin then and looking back It was incredible Wlad survived that 5th Round.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah just read Tyson fury laughed at their offer to fight Price because he only was offered 1million. He said come back with a better offer and he will fight him, he referenced Audley Harrison getting 1.5mill for his fight with Haye.

Dont like to hear anyone turning down a fight, these 2 have to settle their differences in the ring soon.

Getting sick of Haye trying to talk his way into the Vitali fight too, I want him to retire If he wont fight his way to a title shot. Fury vs Haye would be amazing and im sure Hayes team could cough up the money to keep him happy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:47 am