THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Sheldan Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 am

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Spoiler:
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am

Looks a decent weekend end for Boxing on the Box this weekend with SKY showing Bellew v Miranda and Lee Purdy against unbeaten Argentinian Gumersindo Lucas Carrasco which seems a dangerous fight for Purdy to take on short notice. Viali's formality against Manuel Charr is on Boxnation which is followed by Lucas Matthysse vs Ajose Olusegun which could be a decent fight for some Interim Super Nintendo version of some WBC Belt, I think. scratch

Not forgetting the Super fight between Ward and Dawson which is on SKY. A shame that a fight between 2 Ring belt holders is getting overlooked there seems to be little hype for the fight but knowing both Men's styles It shouldn't be surprising I suppose.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:14 pm

What a weekend that was !

Sexy Sergio schooled Chavez for 11 Rounds the beating Chavez was getting was very enjoyable seeing that cheat getting lit up for 33 minutes, Credit to the cheat though he was desperate in that 12th and knew he had to do something drastic and caught Martinez and even bigger credit to Sergio for getting through that scare.

The Showtime was great Leo Santa Cruz looked incredible against Eric Morel the combinations Leo threw and those body shots were close to perfection. Maidana and Soto Karass had a great back and forth fight I actually thought Karass was turning the tide and possibly on course to a win until Maidana threw a cracking over hand right to drop Karass in the 7th then ultimately stopping him in the 8th.
    The Gonzales v Ponce De Leon fight was a mega let down shame about the premature finish due to the head clash. Alvarez v Lopez isn't even worth mentioning Lopez was game but that fight I felt was very uncomfortable to watch.

The card from Germany was good the Troy Ross & Hernandez fight was brilliant entertainment both men went for the kill from the opening bell. I thought Ross had him in the 5th Hernandez looked out of It and the 9th was just as thrilling too. Shame about Sprott although I fully understand why he was pissed at the stoppage It was poor It looked like the ref did Gerber a favor although that gave Sprott no right to shove the ref 3 times the final time sending him comically stumbling from the ropes to the floor. Laughing

Can't wait til this weekend Burns v Mitchell, Molitor vs Frampton and my pick for fight of the weekwnd Lee Selby v Martin Lindsay not forgetting UFC 152 !.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:55 am

I was press for BAMMA on Saturday so sadly couldn't watch the fights in my hotel but after watching them on Sunday they were great, wish I wouldn't have known the Martinez result before watching it, can only imagine what people must have been thinking in that 12th round.

Brilliant weekend coming up, hope that BoxNation and Sky play nice and don't clash any of the big fights. With UFC 152 as well it turns out to be a great Saturday!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:22 am

I was panicking in that 12th Round I was thinking thinking this could be another Froch Taylor type ending !

Pacquiao v JMM IV is confirmed and Lamont PEDerson vs Zab Judah is expected as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Chavez got his ass handed to him for 11 and a half rounds, so he in now way deserves a rematch. Martinez wanted to prove he was ballsy so he didn't bother trying to survive the last round. He could have held, ran, jabbed and moved from distance but instead he stood and traded. There should be no rematch, Chavez simply simply isn't on Martinez's level. The size difference was ridiculous as well.

Martinez vs Alvarez at 157 might be fun next. Or Martinez vs Cotto at 157.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:46 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Chavez got his ass handed to him for 11 and a half rounds, so he in now way deserves a rematch. Martinez wanted to prove he was ballsy so he didn't bother trying to survive the last round. He could have held, ran, jabbed and moved from distance but instead he stood and traded. There should be no rematch, Chavez simply simply isn't on Martinez's level. The size difference was ridiculous as well.

Martinez vs Alvarez at 157 might be fun next. Or Martinez vs Cotto at 157.

Agree Chavez showed nothing to make me think we would see any different except a more cautious Martinez would win all 12 rounds.

I dont know if Alvarez would take the fight yet, love the Idea of Cotto fighting him, I wonder if Ward could meet him at a catchweight or is he moving up?

I heard he offered floyd a 90/10 split to move up 1 more weight class and fight him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 am

Ward would be too big for Martinez IMO. Ward is a big guy.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:04 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Ward would be too big for Martinez IMO. Ward is a big guy.

Yeah your right he would have to step up, I dont think Ward could come down.

Floyd is the fight he should go for or even that rat Margarito, that the loss he needs to Avenge after aveinging the one against Williams. I really dislike Margarito and I think Martinez would tee off on him if they fought now.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Chavez has tested positive for marijuana in the post fight drugs test.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 pm

So that might explain how Chavez withstood that arse whippin' for 11 Rounds !

Agree on the size difference lads I forgot to mention It myself, The size difference was ridiculous Chavez looked like a LHW border CW on the night yet Sergio battered him for 11 Rounds. As you say Anfield the re-match talk is ridiculous whats the point so Chavez knocked Sergio down and had him in trouble the 12th that was purely down to desperation on Chavez's behalf he knew he need to do something.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Just back from your neck of the woods Sheldan. Sorry I couldnt get in touch, but as I mentioned in the other thread, I was without internet there for a while so I couldnt get on here. I met Hatton over there and seen him doing a bit of training, this picture speaks for itself I suppose, unbelievable.

Boxing discussion - Page 25 11111
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Shame we couldn't meet up mate, hope you had a top time. I was considering heading over to your neck of the woods by applying for press for the boxing tonight, but decided against it as I'll be press for a lot of events over the next few weeks/months (including maybe UFC next week hopefully), and so I need to save my pennies.

Not sure if this will achieve anything as it is very short notice but in homage to the MMA predictions league, anybody fancy having a boxing predictions league? I'll post my predictions for the main fights tonight and if anybody has a chance to read this before the fights then feel free to post yours too.

Glasgow, Scotland
    12 Round WBO World Lightweight Title Bout: Ricky Burns VS Kevin Mitchell - Burns UD (Although I have a feeling Mitchell may stop Burns)
    10 Round Celtic Super Featherweight Title Bout: John Simpson VS Dai Davies - Simpson Stoppage Round 8
    8 Round Lightweight Bout: Scott Harrison VS Joe Elfidh - Harrison Stoppage Round 5

Belfast, Nothern Ireland
    12 Round Commonwealth & IBF Inter-Continental Super Bantamweight Title Bout: Carl Frampton VS Steve Molitor - Frampton UD
    12 Round Light Welterweight Bout: Paul McCloskey VS Manuel Perez - McCloskey UD
    12 Round British & Commonwealth Featherweight Title Bout: Lee Selby VS Martin Lindsay - Selby UD
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Looks like Selby vs. Lindsay is off. Apparently Selby has been severely struggling with flu. His team and family told him to pull out and he refused, but the doctor has now pulled him out. Gutted.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Damn was really looking forward to Selby vs Lindsay Evil or Very Mad but still a decent card in Belfast.
    I'm game for this..

Glasgow, Scotland
    12 Round WBO World Lightweight Title Bout: Ricky Burns VS Kevin Mitchell - Burns UD
    10 Round Celtic Super Featherweight Title Bout: John Simpson VS Dai Davies - Simpson Stoppage Round 4
    8 Round Lightweight Bout: Scott Harrison VS Joe Elfidh - Harrison UD

Belfast, Nothern Ireland
    12 Round Commonwealth & IBF Inter-Continental Super Bantamweight Title Bout: Carl Frampton VS Steve Molitor - Frampton stoppage 10th
    12 Round Light Welterweight Bout: Paul McCloskey VS Manuel Perez - McCloskey UD
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Glasgow, Scotland
    12 Round WBO World Lightweight Title Bout: Ricky Burns VS Kevin Mitchell - Burns UD
    10 Round Celtic Super Featherweight Title Bout: John Simpson VS Dai Davies - Simpson TKO Round 6
    8 Round Lightweight Bout: Scott Harrison VS Joe Elfidh - Harrison TKO Round 4

Belfast, Nothern Ireland
    12 Round Commonwealth & IBF Inter-Continental Super Bantamweight Title Bout: Carl Frampton VS Steve Molitor - Frampton TKO 10th
    12 Round Light Welterweight Bout: Paul McCloskey VS Manuel Perez - McCloskey SD
    12 Round British & Commonwealth Featherweight Title Bout: Lee Selby VS Martin Lindsay

Gutted Selby v Lindsay fell through I was looking forward to that fight. Sad
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Spoiler:

Sad news to report.

Corrie Sanders was murdered over the weekend, Burglars broke in to a Restaurant he was at over the weekend and shot randomly in the vicinity killing Sanders.

R.I.P Corrie.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Awful news,I was just reading about it,the bastards took his life for a cell phone and a customers bag. Mad

they need stringing up in the middle of public place and beating to death

anyway

RIP Corrie
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Lee Purdy vs. Carson Jones in December. Great fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah that's a great fight but I do think It's a huge step up for Purdy. I think Carson will stop him late on.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

I agree mate, should be a brilliant fight without a doubt though.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Danny Williams is on Eurosports tonight taking on Christian Hammer for some WBO Euro nonsense Belt at 8 pm.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:19 pm