THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:15 pm

haha!!, he gets Birmingham relegated and walked straight into the Villa job Cool
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 am

2 good years at Villa and he might find himself walking into the United job. Him or Moyes for my money.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:2 good years at Villa and he might find himself walking into the United job. Him or Moyes for my money.

moyes is my money but i heard fergie is teaching giggs to walk straight into the job.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Apparently Liverpool are 12 to 1 to win the league next year. You know what that means? If you stick a tenner on them, you'll lose that tenner
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 am

We won't win the league next year. We'll finish top 4, and I'd back us to win a domestic cup. But we won't win the league. We're building for the long term. After we get next season done, we'll be able to challenge the following year.

That been said, still throwing a grand on us to win the league!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:We won't win the league next year. We'll finish top 4, and I'd back us to win a domestic cup. But we won't win the league. We're building for the long term. After we get next season done, we'll be able to challenge the following year.

That been said, still throwing a grand on us to win the league!

a grand bloody hell anfield your brave. iv never bet on a team i support but good odds on southampton to get promoted into prem.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 pm

For the last 15 years I've always put the same bet on. I consider it a charitable donation.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:24 pm

When I tried to teach the people at Ladbrokes how to catch a fish they looked at me as if I was insane.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 am

Mryzyz wrote:When I tried to teach the people at Ladbrokes how to catch a fish they looked at me as if I was insane.

lol what.

sky sports are reporting chelsea bid £22 million for modric and it was rejected.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:29 am

the_king wrote:lol what.

sky sports are reporting chelsea bid £22 million for modric and it was rejected.

That just shows everything that is wrong with Chelsea, in the fact that they can bid for a player without even having a manager in place.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

Sheldan wrote:
    the_king wrote:lol what.

That just shows everything that is wrong with Chelsea, in the fact that they can bid for a player without even having a manager in place.

jose was the last manager to actually have a say, on the managerial issue chelsea say they will announce a new manager on monday.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 pm

the_king wrote:
    Mryzyz wrote:When I tried to teach the people at Ladbrokes how to catch a fish they looked at me as if I was insane.

lol what.

This is why I dislike football these days, it's escalated now. Modric's agent has got involved, 'Arry has had his say. No disrespect meant but I agree with Redknapp, players are being sold for more who couldn't lace Modric's boots!

Horrible feeling he won't be playing in white next season.

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 pm

I agree Modric is worth a lot more than 22 million but you can't blame us for trying! I reckon it will happen for 35 million, I hope it happens and quickly. A midfield of Modric-Lampard-Essien with Ramires off the bench could be very impressive. We've been lacking creativity recently and Modric would help a lot in that department. If we get Modric, Lukaku and one of Neymar/Aguero I'd be quite happy. MF is the only place that really needs improvement at the moment, if Torres regains form like I expect him to next season. Lukaku and Neymar plus Sturridge, Kalkuta and Josh McEachran can all be groomed for the future of the club.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 am

Neymar is going to Real by the looks of things. Aguero makes no real sense for Chelsea with Torres, Drogba and Sturridge there, with Lukaku on his way.

Don't get too excited, but I'm almost certain Sneijder AND Modric are Chelsea bound.

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:28 am

Neymar has been on and off for a while now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up Real. They've pipped us to players in the past as well. We've been after Aguero for a couple of years now and I think there's a feeling Drogba is near the end and Sturridge might need one more season on loan somewhere.

I heard somewhere that Sneijdar had committed his future to Inter? I'd love to have him ofc, that could help give us the extra edge we need to succeed at the highest level.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Neymar has been on and off for a while now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up Real. They've pipped us to players in the past as well. We've been after Aguero for a couple of years now and I think there's a feeling Drogba is near the end and Sturridge might need one more season on loan somewhere.

I heard somewhere that Sneijdar had committed his future to Inter? I'd love to have him ofc, that could help give us the extra edge we need to succeed at the highest level.

Drogba's been offered a new 2 year deal. They've slapped a 20mil pricetag on Sturridge and he said he doesn't want to go on loan again. Plus Lukaku and Torres. Roman was after Aguero, nobody else. But he went for Torres instead. Torres and Aguero don't work together. Torres doesn't play well with that type of striker. I don't think Chelsea will even bid for Aguero this summer. Neymar apparently got too pricey at 33 mil, Aguero will cost 40mil.

Sneijder did, then came out and said he might move but wouldn't push for a move. Apparently the Inter board have pretty much accepted that he's off. Then want Meireles and Hamsik of Napoli apparently to replace him.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 am

Torres and Aguero had an incredible partnership at Athletico Madrid. Torres scored 80-something goals alongside him.

Neymar will be one of those players who shines in South America and falls flat in Europe. His career will be IDENTICAl to Robinho's.

Sneijder's going to united, I can't see any way around it. Plus what they need more than anything is a world class centre midfield. I reckon theres no one better for the Premier League.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:38 pm

United can't afford Sneijder unless they sell Nani, and Sneijder will go to Chelski to play with Hiddink if he leaves Italy. Plus Sneijder doesn't fit United's formation. He needs to play as an AM to be effective not as a CM. Modric would be a better fit but he's Chelski bound as well if he leaves Spurs.

I'm not really sure what you're talking regarding Torres and Aguero. Torres scored 15 goals the season they played together. Only 10 actually came alongside Aguero and only 2 came from Aguero assists. That partnership didn't work at all.

Bizarre claims from you on Torres-Aguero to say the least. Especially considering Torres only scored 91 goals during his entire senior career with Atletico. Aguero has performed much better alongside Forlan, their styles mix a lot better, whereas Torres prefers to be the lone striker as he was at Liverpool. You can even look at the Torres-Villa combination for Spain. Doesn't work.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Chelsea are set to appoint Andre Villas Boas as manager, after paying Porto €15M compensation.

Interesting move, i think almost everyone was expecting Hiddink to come in.

Will be very interesting to see the squad restructuring that takes place at Chelsea this summer. They need to freshen up the squad for sure....
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:18 pm

efils_god wrote:Chelsea are set to appoint Andre Villas Boas as manager, after paying Porto €15M compensation.

Interesting move, i think almost everyone was expecting Hiddink to come in.

Will be very interesting to see the squad restructuring that takes place at Chelsea this summer. They need to freshen up the squad for sure....

With all the success Chelsea have had, I reckon they would have had more if they stopped sacking every manager at the end of every season
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm

If Roman hadn't forced Mourinho out, I doubt anyone else would have won a title over the last 4/5 years.

Surprised Villas-Boas is taking that job, great appointment though.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 pm

I agree, i think if Mourinho had stayed it'd be domination by now.

Was surprised (or not by now) they sacked Ancelotti, but i think Villas Boas will be a good appointment going by what he's achieved and his experience gained from Mourinho.

There is talk of Falcao coming with him, although i'm not sure where he fits into the Chelsea line-up with Drogba, Torres, etc, and Lukaku supposedly coming too. They really neew more creativity and Modric would be really an excellent signing.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:If Roman hadn't forced Mourinho out, I doubt anyone else would have won a title over the last 4/5 years.

Surprised Villas-Boas is taking that job, great appointment though.

£13.5 million buy out clause, thats a lot of money for a manager, i also never knew managers had buy out clauses.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm starting to panic about Forest now,9 players out and one player in,with just a few weeks until the start of the new season.

what the fuck has Schtevie Mac got himself into.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I think the real question is what the fuck have Forest gotten themselves into!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:37 am