THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Forest had a huge chance in the 1st leg and threw it away. There were always going to lose away from home but i'd hoped they'd win the home leg by a couple to make it interesting tonight. Billy Davies is a great manager during the season but the man needs to step up his game in the playoffs or the choker chants will get louder and louder.

Here's hoping Cardiff win tomorrow night and leave it certain that for the first time, a welsh team will grace the premiership. I'd quite like to see both Welsh teams in the prem, so here's hoping that who-ever doesn't go up this year goes up next year.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm

We were unlucky,we hit the woodwork four times,Mcgoldrick puts a sitter over the bar at the start of the first and Tudgay sky's an even easier one at the start of the second,plus we had a blatant penalty(handball) denied in the first game and again the ref bottled it with another handball that should of been a peno from earnshaws shot at the end of this match.

but that's football,we had our oppotunities,we didn't take them and sometimes you just don't get the decisions,no matter how blatant they look when watching on TV.

Overall though Swansea did themselves proud and deserve to go through,they defended brilliantly in the first leg and they took there chances in the second,it was a good semi final by two teams that play the game the right way.
    I'm obviously gutted it didn't go our way,but i've a ton of respect for the swansea team and hope they go all the way.

I'll just have to look forward to taking points off Direby,Leeds and Axe's boys next season.

I Don't want cardiff to make the final though,can't stand them.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 17, 2011 1:04 pm

I'm just hoping Wigan and the modern day Wimbledon (Birmingham) pretty confident Wolves will stay up Don't see Birmingham getting anything at Spurs, Stoke will be far too strong for Wigan's flimsy defence and I'm confident Blackpool will get goals at Old Trafford but I'm so confident they can keep them out.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 17, 2011 2:19 pm

can't see why anyone would want Wigan to go down.

Here's hoping it's two from Blackburn, Wolves and Brum that go down. Wigan and Blackpool to stay up.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:can't see why anyone would want Wigan to go down.

Here's hoping it's two from Blackburn, Wolves and Brum that go down. Wigan and Blackpool to stay up.

i want blackpool and wolves to stay up and have blackburn and brum go down so we have a few new teams in the prem.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:can't see why anyone would want Wigan to go down.

As a Wolves fan I want Wigan to go down with Brum as I don't see Blackburn going down I think their GD is essentially an extra point for them.

I hope Blackpool and we stay up as unlike Brum we always give it a go and can play some good stuff.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue May 17, 2011 4:56 pm

15 Blackburn -14 40
    16 Wolverhampton -19 40
    17 Birmingham -20 39

18 Blackpool -21 39
    19 Wigan -22 39

Wolverhampton v Blackburn
    Tottenham v Birmingham
    Man Utd v Blackpool
    Stoke v Wigan

I can really see Wigan going down, as i dont think they can anything from Stoke. So it all really comes down to how big United and Spurs beat Birmingham and Blackpool.

It could come down to Blackpool having scored much more goals than Birmingham which would be great, as it shows attacking football is the way to go..
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 17, 2011 7:31 pm

I think Wigan can go to Stoke and get a win. It's possible that Etherington and Pennant will miss that game, if they do Stoke can't play football, they just resort to long ball stuff. I think N'Zogbia could carry Wigan. I hope they do. Wigan and Blackpool deserve to stay up.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 am

How typical that the very day Rangers win the league, West Ham go two up and JUST as i start to get excited we do what we've done all season and end up fucking losing! Sad Heartbroken but not surprised, Avram is the worst manager in all of Britain's top leagues, should have been sacked months ago! Good point on MOTD (surprisingly) that if you look where West Brom and West Ham were a few months back, both in the same position, one team bit the bullet and replaced their manager, the other didn't. Now look where both teams are.

Cardiff BTW are the team i follow in the Championship so you can tell how gutted i was as well tonight! Could've/should've had FOUR penalties! I say there's a conspiracy, the FA didn't want an all-Welsh play off final Twisted Evil Sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed May 18, 2011 2:43 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:How typical that the very day Rangers win the league, West Ham go two up and JUST as i start to get excited we do what we've done all season and end up fucking losing! Sad Heartbroken but not surprised, Avram is the worst manager in all of Britain's top leagues THE WORLD, should have been sacked months ago!

Good point on MOTD (surprisingly) that if you look where West Brom and West Ham were a few months back, both in the same position, one team bit the bullet and replaced their manager, the other didn't. Now look where both teams are.

Fixed part of this for you.

I disagree about West Brom. Hodgson has done nothing Di Matteo wouldn't have done. Di Matteo had West Brom in 5th at one point! They were never close to be in the same position as West Ham. They had a bad run but Di Matteo would have turned it around. All Hodgson did was spoil the way they played. I think Avram would have gone if anybody had wanted the job. Apparently 4 people, O'Neill, O'Leary, Curbishley and Hughton all turned it down. I think Hughton will take it this summer.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Don't blame them to be honest!

Congrats to Porto, what an unbelievable season they've had!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu May 19, 2011 2:11 am

I put a bet on today that their manager becomes the next manager of either Real Madrid after Mourinho gets pissed off and goes back to Inter, or Chelsea.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 am

You could be onto a winner with that mate, definitely more likely to coach one of the top Spanish teams IMO though.

He is regarded as unique in the sense that he has no football playing experience, became a coach of a major club with very little head coaching experience, and achieved this role at a very young age.[2] He is currently the youngest football manager in the Portuguese league and the youngest manager in history to win a European title

Really is remarkable!

Anyone ever heard of the Castrol Rankings? Seems a bit like that fightmatrix shit, eg they have Eric Abidal top 20 and he's been out for the whole season hasn't he? Could be wrong though... some of the other players in the top twenty are a bit dodgy as well!

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:

Cardiff BTW are the team i follow in the Championship so you can tell how gutted i was as well tonight! Could've/should've had FOUR penalties! I say there's a conspiracy, the FA didn't want an all-Welsh play off final Twisted Evil Sad

how many teams do you support?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Two, West Ham and Rangers. I said i follow Cardiff, i.e. keep up to date with their results.

My auntie lives there thats why, wouldn't say i support them haha
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri May 20, 2011 10:16 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Two, West Ham and Rangers. I said i follow Cardiff, i.e. keep up to date with their results.

My auntie lives there thats why, wouldn't say i support them haha

ah ok i support southampton but keep an eye on leyton orient and lecce results.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sat May 21, 2011 10:45 am

Anyone know who Mr Super dooper injunction is? Work pc won't let me delve too deeply into the murky depth of the web.....

Ah, good old Wiki!!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 pm

poz wrote:Anyone know who Mr Super dooper injunction is? Work pc won't let me delve too deeply into the murky depth of the web.....

Ah, good old Wiki!!

Ryan Giggs
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sat May 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    poz wrote:Anyone know who Mr Super dooper injunction is? Work pc won't let me delve too deeply into the murky depth of the web.....

Ah, good old Wiki!!

Ryan Giggs

Cheers Bud, I had found out since I posted.

You might wanna change that to 'very talented Welsh winger', I Think he is suing everybody who mentions his name today Very Happy
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun May 22, 2011 10:13 pm

So then, what a day! Match of the Day is a must watch today! I was at the United game so I wasn't able to follow all the relegation games live but from what I hear all the teams were up and down all afternoon! Sad to see Blackpool go down, they were a great addition to the Premier League this season, and were rightfully given a standing ovation by the United fans today, when Blackpool went 2-1 up quite a few United fans were cheering! Felt sorry for them when we were 3-2 up and then Fergie brings on Rooney! Talk about kicking a team when they're down! United's trophy celebration was great though. Glad Wigan were able to stay up, under Martinez they play some great football. Birmingham have possibly had one of the biggest fall from grace I can remember, in February they were on top of the world after beating Arsenal to win the Carling Cup, now they're relegated, terrible second half of the season for them, although I bet Wolves were quite worried after being 3-0 down at half time at home to Blackburn! Complete joke that Ancelotti has been sacked, winning Chelsea's first ever double and then having one trophyless season and he gets the boot, disgraceful.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm

[quote="Anfields5thKing"]I put a bet on today that their manager becomes the next manager of either Real Madrid after Mourinho gets pissed off and goes back to Inter, or Chelsea.[/quote]

Nice bet, what odds did u get for that?? Anyway I saw that Man City are 7/1 for the title next season as of today, that is a really good bet to take as they will spend lots again in summer and will attrract more world class players because of champions league. They finished this season 71 points level with Chelseas for 2nd place. And lets face it they are gonna win the title within next few years for certain, as we all know money does buy you trophys. Everyone is expecting them to be in the race next year and i think 7/1 is really good odds. Worth a punt.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 23, 2011 12:46 am

got 33/1 on it! Not too shappy.

I've also got money on City to win the league next season. I can't see how they won't. Best squad in the league already. They need 2 players max(3 if Tevez leaves) and they'll be incredible.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon May 23, 2011 11:52 am

Really horrible day yesterday I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN I must stress.

Delighted Wolves stayed up and with the 2nd half performance especially after such a dreadful 1st half for us gutted Blackpool went down and gutted Wigan stayed up really wanted to see them go down along with Birmingham two clubs who always seem to struggle to fill their grounds above half Capacity.

So delighted Birmingham went down their negative football, A board of liars and deluded fans got them to where they deserve to be
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon May 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:got 33/1 on it! Not too shappy.

I've also got money on City to win the league next season. I can't see how they won't. Best squad in the league already. They need 2 players max(3 if Tevez leaves) and they'll be incredible.

Somehow, I still don't see it. I can see them being in the mix for a long time, but, I still see the likes of Man Ure and Chelski being just that little bit more consistent (although admittedly, that comment doesn't apply to the Chelski of this season).

Next season's going to be a cracker though, Man Ure will obviously invest in a couple of players, Chelski will invest big (although so much depends on Torres regaining some form), Liverpool will be strong (love to see a full season from Suarez and Carrol) and I'm looking forward to seeing who Citeh purchase, and how many excuses Mike Ashley can come up with for not spending any of the Andy Carrol money. Oh, and lest we forget, Blackpool in europe.

With regards to the ups and downs of yesterday - Gutted Wolves stayed up, not just because of that cunt McCarthy, but also for the brutal manner in which they played at times. Equally gutted that Blackpool succumbed (for a minute, I thought they'd managed the impossible), but credit to Wigan, Martinez made no compromises to their footballing style at all.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue May 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Nice to see another Wolves fan on here glad we stayed up awesome news the Small Heath scrubbers went down watch the broke ass asian flee from the club now with his £26 in tow (surprisingly he leaves behind the £80M IOU).

I got 2 out of 3 for the drop I had West Scam and Blackpool for the drop go my way but The Geordie Hoofball thugs stayed up which was a crying shame crap owner crap moronic manager and deluded fans, meh at least yam ain't from Birmingham I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 am