THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
kavik2
Heterocyclic
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
Toquinho
redmeanie77
12 posters

Dana confirms Anderson fighting Sonnen next !!

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dana confirms Anderson fighting Sonnen next !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dana confirms Anderson fighting Sonnen next !!

Post  the_king Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 am

sonnen is an ok opponent and sort of deserves a shot but i wouldnt expect fireworks from his end as his last five wins have been a decision.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Dana confirms Anderson fighting Sonnen next !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dana confirms Anderson fighting Sonnen next !!

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:28 am

I'd say a quick finish for Silva. After Maia I think he realises he needs to step up and be a sportsman not a clown, I see this going quite Griffinesque personally.
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Additional Generic Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:08 am

I hope Silva knocks him out a la Griffin, and when he does, I bet everyone who now hates him jumps back into his corner again.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 pm

i wont.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:33 pm

I didn't like him before the Maia fight and I won't like him after his next 40 fights. I think he is a great fighter but I just don't like him.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Chael Sonnen Continues To Bash Anderson Silva

They are set to fight in August to decide the middleweight title but that doesn't mean Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva will be making friends with each other in the mean time. Sonnen continues to trash Silva, and the fight is 4 months away:

"He’s a grown man with earrings. He’s a grown man with saggy pants, pink t-shirts and crooked hats. Go join a gang, don’t get in the UFC. People don’t care about him. He came out and said he’s gonna go heavyweight, no one cared. So he comes out and says well ‘I’m gonna go light heavyweight,’ no one cared. ‘Well I’m gonna retire.’ Good! Beat it, this is back page news, no one cares about you anyway. ‘Well I’m not gonna retire I’m gonna stick around.’ Or do that. Again, it doesn’t really matter, you’re a nuisance. So who cares, they go make the little action figures and the two little kids that bought em, are probably pretty upset, their parents probably thought it was Quinton Jackson when they bought it for them and the kids had a disappointing Christmas I would imagine. That's a big difference. I became the number one contender on February and February 7 he sent out a press release as to why he shouldn't have to fight me. On August 7 he will fight me. I stand here of my own free will. He stands here because Uncle Dana is making him."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:20 pm