THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
redmeanie77
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Albion_Oakley
rudeboyben84
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
Raiden
11 posters

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday

Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday Empty Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday

Post  Raiden Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:01 pm

http://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-details/Bravo/18+April+2010/21%3A00/Strikeforce/Sport/

Looking forward to this card. A chance for strikforce to get one over on the UFC after in my opinion the dull card that was UFC 112.

Some of the fighters on the card: Hendo, Shields, King Mo, Mousasai, Aoki

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday Excel
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday Empty Re: Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm going!! Flying out on Friday morning. Really looking forward to this event. Be good to see Hendo fighting again, last time he fought i was there and this happened:

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday Dan%20Henderson%20Michael%20Bisping%20117

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday Ufc100_08_henderson_vs_bisping_003

http://francisspecker.com/storage/post-images/Dan%20Henderson%20Michael%20Bisping%20115.jpg
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 pm

I bet that was your favourite live MMA momment ever. I would have loved to have seen your reaction when that happened Laughing

Has there ever been a more satisfying KO for you.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Strikeforce on Bravo this Sunday Empty Reply

Post  Raiden Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Lucky you Anfield,

That was a devasstating knockout alright, the third picture is deadly. I beleive that's known as a falcon punch. I could be wrong on that. Hendo looks like a swooping bird of prey about to snatch his poor, vulnerable victim.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Nice one mate! Enjoy! Take a few pics if you get the chance (or is that too much like work for you!)

Really looking forward to this card, Im calling Aoki by Sub, Hendo by KO, and Mousasi by UD. I think Mousasi vs Mo is going to be close than people think.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Im having a hard time picking these fights honestly.

Im going with Melendez over Aoki because I like Melendez and I think stylewise he has the advanatge.

Im stuck on the other two, I like both Shields and Hendo so im not sure. Easy pick would be to go with Hendo KO because of Shield's standup but Hendo has been taken down by lesser wrestlers than Shields. Shields should have the advanatge on the ground but Hendo has survived against better BJJ BBs than Shields as well. Im edging towards Hendo but im not sure.

Mo vs Mousasi is maybe the toughest to call. Mo is an excellent wrestler, while Mousasi is an excellent striker with good judo as well. Mo is a lot stronger and quite a bit bigger than Mousasi as well, i have no idea.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Nice one mate! Enjoy! Take a few pics if you get the chance (or is that too much like work for you!)

Really looking forward to this card, Im calling Aoki by Sub, Hendo by KO, and Mousasi by UD. I think Mousasi vs Mo is going to be close than people think.

I think the status quo has been restored after our slight disagreement over anderson silva Ben. I agree this is exactly how I reckon these 3 fights will go.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:13 pm

It seems im in the minority over Anderson/Maia! lol!

I think Mo is going to be hard to finish, over 5 rounds I think he will give Mousasi some scares, he apparently has been working really hard on his boxing and has some real explosive power. I think he might well rock Mousasi to his boots on the feet but Mousasi is far more rounded and experienced and will edge him out. 3 really good fights, Lets hope the Mayhem fight gets on TV as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Ben this will be my first time drinking in months, i plan to be hammered! I think my seats are decent enough. Row 40 or something, so hopefully the view is good.

When Hendo KO's Bisping i drunkenly tried to kiss and hug a load of Brazilians including Thiago's cousin who wasn't not happy!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Ben this will be my first time drinking in months, i plan to be hammered! I think my seats are decent enough. Row 40 or something, so hopefully the view is good.

When Hendo KO's Bisping i drunkenly tried to kiss and hug a load of Brazilians including Thiago's cousin who wasn't not happy!

Haha outstanding mate! as long as you didnt drunkly try to Judo throw him! Laughing There probabaly wasnt a better moment to see live in MMA, What did you call the Tshirt if Hendo flying forearming him? Im sure it will be a good pissup, some great fights and im sure the sun will be shining over there!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 pm

The flying forearm of SHUT THE FUCK UP! Haha!

Hoping Hendo has an after party on saturday night, he's a great guy to have a beer with.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I read the bit in Coutures book about him and Hendo beating down doormen at a club! Gotta love Hendo! Hendo is the man I want to see beat Fedor if anyone does it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 pm

yeah. the only people i'd give a chance to against Fedor are Hendo and Machida. I think Hendo is the only one that could finish him. I think IF Hendo could catch him flush like IronHead did back in the day, Hendo might be able to stop him. I think Machida could beat him on points.

What did you think of Couture's book?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Was a good read, worth getting if only for the pic of him and Hendo sporting impressive Mullets! Someone got me that, Liddells and Hughes. Hughes came across like a redneck prick (No suprise there) Liddells was pretty much what youd expect, him trying to be a bad ass Mofo, but I think Coutures was a good read.

Id really like to read an Autobiography on Sakuraba...

On Hendo heres what he said about the Shields fight
    ---------------------------------------------------

“Jake’s dangerous and I’m not taking him lightly at all. I just need to make sure that I’m still implementing my game plan, and going out there and trying to beat him up, and not getting taken down and humped to death, still be exciting. It’s still a challenge of a fight for me, I’m looking forward to it.”
    “Don’t ever count out Jake. I know I’m a bad match-up for him, but he’s very dangerous. I want to make sure I take care of the fight the way I want to take care of it.”
    “I’m going to be antsy to try and go out there and knock Jake’s head off as well. Just the same as anybody else, no matter if they talk (expletive) or not. That doesn’t really add to how hard I try to punch them.”

“I like to take it one step at a time. Without the first step you can’t take another. I want to make sure I’m focused on Jake Shields right now. That’s the opponent in front of me, then I’ll have a little bit of time to figure out what’s next.”
    “My work’s not done yet. I have a lot more things I want to accomplish in this sport, and more goals, and I’d feel like I’m done when I’m just cashing in with what I’ve already done. I want to cash in with what I’m still going to do.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hendo is a legend, I was backing him to beat Anderson and im backing him to win 2 weight titles in SF. I know he can beat Shields, his Wrestling will keep Shields at bay long enough to KO him I think. Mousasi is still kind of green and fighting Mo will give us an Idea of how he copes with a good wrestler (all be it a different style of wrestler to Hendo)

My Idea senario is Hendo to get the 2 belts and call Fedor out. He is a little undersized to fight Fedor, but as you say Hits hard enough to put him away, his Wrestling might see him able to neutralise Fedors groundgame in that he is hard to take down and controll, his TD defence against Palhares was something else. If Hendo worked a good Sprawl and Brawl game he would ahve a good chance, and Hendo isnt getting put to sleep by any mortal man! Id just worry about the size difference, When Hendo was a Lhw he wasnt cutting and sometimes coming in underweight... If it happened It like a catchweight of 215 or something, Maby Make Fedor cut a little and see if it drains him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

If you haven't read Forrest's book, go get it immediately. It had me doubled over laughing at times. Best book by any MMA fighter.

I've just ordered Couture's on Amazon!
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Was a good read, worth getting if only for the pic of him and Hendo sporting impressive Mullets! Someone got me that, Liddells and Hughes. Hughes came across like a redneck prick (No suprise there) Liddells was pretty much what youd expect, him trying to be a bad ass Mofo, but I think Coutures was a good read.

I've read Coutures, Liddells, hughes and Tito's they were all pretty good. Your right about Hughes's he is a right Redneck the stories about him and his brother taking on the bully on the bus is quite good if its true but the stuff about them beating their dad up and fighting at the wedding are ridiculous.

I've got Forrests and Shammys lined up next so i'll let you know what their like.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Im going with

Melendez tko rd 1
    Mousasi tko rd 2
    Shields sub rd 4

I'll give Shields a chance in a 5 round fight against Hendo, if he can avoid the early threat.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Cool Ill have a look at Forrests, Ive Sonny Listons to get through next then I might have a look at it, im sure it will be an entertaining read.
    Heterocyclic
    Heterocyclic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Heterocyclic Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Anyone going to watch this live on the net?
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Im gonna try stay up and find a stream for this one, if anyone will be in the chat box...
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:24 pm

What time is it on ??
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:34 pm

around 3am id say meanie. i think il stay up for this aswell il be up for the Pavlik/Martinez fight so il prob keep switching between them
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 pm

I think its on a 2.

You will find links on here, check t an hour r so before it begins.

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=73368&part=sports

Should be no problem to find Strikeforce links.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Anfield did you manage to get out to Nashville with the airports shutting down?????

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:40 pm