THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
payneNglory1
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
Cowboys From Hell
Shogun012
9 posters

UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday?

Shogun012
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday? Empty UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday?

Post  Shogun012 Wed May 02, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Guys,

long time reader (from back in the bbc forum actually) 1st time poster. Just wanted to know if indeed the UFC on Fox fight at the weekend isn't being shown until sunday due to an MLS game?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday? Empty Re: UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Yeah It sucks, I don't think It's because of the MLS game I thinks it's because ESPN is so damn cheap soon as their deal is gone I'm off. The UFC on ESPN is the only reason I subscribe to them soon as the deal is gone I'm gone.

It's still on UFC.TV live though and I'm not fussed that much though as I can watch Mayweather vs Cotto and the FOX card at the same time. Cool

Oh I forgot the Fuel card is live though which obviously says how cheap ESPN is.
    Shogun012
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday? Empty Re: UFC on Fox not being shown until sunday?

Post  Shogun012 Wed May 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks, though thats terrible!

I feel your pain. I hope the UFC gets the fans over here a good deal next time. If undercard fights etc are shown on tv in the US, why not here too? Nevermind an event being shown a day late.

Have you any idea when the deal is being renewed or whats happening with it?

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I believe the deal will end in July with ESPN, I'll be honest I haven't a clue who will It pick It up you would think SKY Sports would be the obvious choice but knowing how TUF 11 failed on SKY Sports I'm not convinced they will be interested. My guess would be Premier Sports getting the deal seeing as how they have shown a few cards already and how big of a coup It would be for them.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat May 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Damnnnn i didnt see this article until now Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad disaster ... im workin anyway but was planning on coming in and watching it after recording it.

Im going to try and avoid the results and watch them 2moro..cant see that happening though Mad
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat May 05, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm glad in a way, means I can concentrate on the boxing. I was going to try and avoid the results but I know I won't be able to.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I guess nobody will be on Chatbox then
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat May 05, 2012 6:57 pm

We need to all commit to an event, there was like 3 people on the chat box for Jones-Evans which is shocking! How about UFC 146, does that sound good to everybody for an event that we all try to be on chatbox for?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 06, 2012 1:32 am

Sheldan wrote:We need to all commit to an event, there was like 3 people on the chat box for Jones-Evans which is shocking! How about UFC 146, does that sound good to everybody for an event that we all try to be on chatbox for?

My work rota is fucking shit at the minute mate!! My shifts are currently saturday nights til about 1, then straight back in a 9 in the morning on the sunday, so have virtually no time to watch ufc live at the minute. Its killin me Evil or Very Mad ,,, Ill try my best to be on for 146 Smile
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Wondered why non eof you guys were on for it!! Smile
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Im going to try and avoid the results and watch them 2moro..cant see that happening though Mad

Well I was correct, no way I could avoid lol. Looking forward to watching them now though Smile
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 07, 2012 4:17 am

You won't be disappointed. Great card.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 am

Nate Diaz is brilliant.

I want a break........but i ain't no bitch, I'll fight tomorrow...........but I want a break.

In fairness to Nate, he has fought regularly for the last 7 and a half years. He could probably do with a 6 month gap between fights now. Pencil him in for the last show of the year I reckon, unless they make him fight Pettis on the undercard of Henderson-Edgar.

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon May 07, 2012 2:42 pm

What did you guys think of the card overall then?

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

I loved the card found It very enjoyable and I will use the spoiler thingy now.

Spoiler:
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Spoiler:
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue May 15, 2012 5:29 pm

UFC on Fuel is tonight?
    Shogun012
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Shogun012 Tue May 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Starts at 1am on ESPN.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue May 15, 2012 5:46 pm

The Facebook fights are supposed to start at 10:30 pm GMT,then the main card starts at 1am GMT.

Will there be anyone on chat box tonight?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Nice one cheers lads. I'll come on chatbox Payne mate, it's been a while Smile
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah I'll be up for the prelims not the main card though, I'm not man/dumb enough to stay up til 4 a.m on a weekday I'm a bad enough driver as It is being sleep depraved one will make me worse. Very Happy
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm

I'll make an apperance.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 pm

I'll try to be on, even though i have been off since finals i havent really stayed up late at all. I must be getting old....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:01 pm