THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
megalfc1892
manschesthair_utd
Shanemc
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
pinsman
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
12 posters

Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!!

megalfc1892
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!!

Post  megalfc1892 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 am

at 170 - GSP Wins
    at 185 - Silva wins
    at 177 - the fans win

simples
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!!

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:22 pm

I agree with Chelsea I see this a one sided UD for GSP even at MW.

Silva has poor take down defence but for some reason his fan club seem to think it is underrated why I just don't know It is as obvious as the sky is blue it is poor his physique isn't capable of having top notch take down defence Rolling Eyes

I mean if elite wrestlers like Hughes, Kos & Fitch can't stop the take down what makes people think Silva can stop his take downs as already stated this is a banker for Georges Safe Pierre
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:00 pm

"mean if elite wrestlers like Hughes, Kos & Fitch can't stop the take down what makes people think Silva can stop his take downs as already stated this is a banker for Georges Safe Pierre"

What makes you think this is a wrestling match? Do any of those guys come anywhere near the level of Anderson, in terms of size, striking, movement.

Anderson would knock GSP out, or submit him no problem.

I dont think GSP could beat Sonnen or Belfort at 185 let alone Anderson. We will never know anyway has he wont move up.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:16 pm

No one can stop GSP's shot Anderson will be another victim IMO the speed GSP shoots at is lighting quick no one could cope with it so far and barring bigger wrestlers could prevent this even Rashad says he can not stop GSP's take downs that speaks volumes how phenomenal his take downs are GSP is not stupid he is not going to stand with Silva for any longer that is necessary Silva's striking & reach won't be a factor in the fight he will on his back for 25 minutes more or less.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Ben I actually think BJ penn would hammer Kimbo even if BJ came in at 155.

I don't think Machida could actually KO Lesnar, ring or no ring. He doesn't have one punch KO and Lesnar does not need a cage to get a takedown. Shogun took Machida down and while Shogun has a good shot, its nothing compared to Lesnar's. Mir is about 250 lbs, Lesnar took him down how quickly?

ABOUT 5 SECONDS

Yes I remember now. He took Min-So Kim down in a ring. Yes, yes, I know Kim is a can in MMA terms but he is a world class Judoka and Lesnar took him down with no problems. Machida isn't very strong either like Couture is so its not like he will push Lesnar off with ease. I really don't see why I ring makes so much of a difference. Remember Aoki vs Hirota? Hirota clearly the better striker but Aoki took him down with the assistcance of the turnbuckle and broke his arm. Also, if Lesnar wanted to throw leg kicks, they would hurt a lot more than Shogun's. Cage or ring Lesnar would destroy Machida. I'd give Shogun or Silva a better chance based on there style alone but thats still a very tiny chance.

Anyway Lesnar should focus on Carwin and Machida should focus on Shogun now, both very bog tests. Certainly not "wishful" thinking to see Shogun beating Machida.

"mean if elite wrestlers like Hughes, Kos & Fitch can't stop the take down what makes people think Silva can stop his take downs as already stated this is a banker for Georges Safe Pierre"

What makes you think this is a wrestling match? Do any of those guys come anywhere near the level of Anderson, in terms of size, striking, movement.

Anderson would knock GSP out, or submit him no problem.

I dont think GSP could beat Sonnen or Belfort at 185 let alone Anderson. We will never know anyway has he wont move up.

What he is saying is if GSP attempts a takedown, Silva doesn't have a chance in hell to stop it because all those elite wrestlers couldn't. Silva is actually very easy to take down. Sonnen would give GSP more problems than Belfort and Silva styles wise because his wrestling and size but good luck trying to get GSP down. Belfort still gasses too quickly. I think a Belfort- GSP fight would go exactly the same way as the GSP vs Alves fight.

Why has everyone forgotten about Belfort vs Silva? Thats the fight thats meant to be happening but Belfort got injured, and he will get his turn. Sonnen as well. Lets see him beat both those guys first.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

[url=[URL="http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10001144&tid=105"]Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!! - Page 2 2qtv6e1[/URL]][URL="http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10001144&tid=105"]Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!! - Page 2 2qtv6e1[/URL][/url]
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:49 pm

You guys really think its that easy. You really think if GSP wants takedown he gets a takedown. He's not Brock. You have to factor in how much GSP will be pissing himself in the stand up. He wont just shoot in like he did to Hardy and Alves. Neither of those guys are as technical or as big as Anderson. GSP would not a reach advantage like he does against those. He would be very wary of the clintch with Anderson standing up.

And even if he got a takedown you think thats it? You think Anderson is no good of his back, he has much better BJJ than GSP. He would struggle to keep Anderson down on the ground.

Against Hardy, can you not hear his corner screaming for him not too pass guard? Why because they know GSP can not submit him or finnish him, and they were afraid Hardy would get back up and strike with GSP while he was getting up too.

25 mins i would fancy Anderson for the KO or sub in that time, every time.

I think they will get Belfort and Sonnen to fight eachother for the no.1 contender spot. You cant have 2 no.1 contenders, while Anderson is also fighting in 205 division aswell.

BJ is vacating his his title at 155 apparently, and is moving full time to 170, he is going to fight KOS/Daley winner for TUF 12. If BJ bulks up and competes a few fights at 170, then i think the new and improved BJ would beat GSP. As long as there is no grease this time Wink
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Ofcoarse its not that easy, Silva is still a terrific competitor but I still see GSP winning. BJ Penn has much better BJJ than Silva and he couldn't do shit agaisnt GSP. Silva's BJJ is not that much better than GSP's, his ground game is pretty weak. Lutter got him in full mount and should have finished him but Lutter isn't a top fighter, he is a waste of talent. Hendo is a top fighter but he doesn't know how to cut weight. GSP has much better takedowns than Lesnar, Lesnar is all power, GSP is all technique. How long do you think GSP stays in the clinch? A matter of seconds and then your on the floor. Silva is very poor defending off his back and when he is hit he struggles. GSP's corner were very poor in that fight, thats not the sort of confidence you go in with a fighter like GSP. Watch GSP vs Hughes III and see the most one sided grappling domination ever. Lutter took Silva once, he kept him down for the whole round, Hendo took him down once, he kept him there for the whole round. GSP has much better takedowns than both, and he can keep Silva on his back.

I could see Sonnen beating Belfort but I want Belfort to fight Silva because he would be by the far the best striker to face Silva. Silva has never fought an elite striker.

GSP and BJ have competed in 2 fights and 7 rounds. BJ has won one, GSP has won six. Grease or no grease it was a complete mauling, everyone saw them wipe the grease off GSPs body. BJ is the kind of guy who will always make excuses when he losses but the fact is he can't beat GSP. He doesn't deserve a fight with him.

I still truley beleive if BJ Penn was 185/205 he would be the best fighter in the world and No one would beat him, not Silva not Machida, Not even Fedor. But if GSP was the same size he would a very good chance because the ability of those takedowns.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:14 pm

"BJ Penn has much better BJJ than Silva and he couldn't do shit agaisnt GSP. Silva's BJJ is not that much better than GSP's"

BJ was alot smaller than GSP, and gassed completely in the second fight and also did i mention the grease Wink

BJ needs to get in touch with Mir, and work on putting 10 or so pounds of muscle on, it would help him by leaving the LW division and focus his diet and training towards focusing on fighting at 170 lbs.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Did I mention the Grease was wiped off by officials?

BJ gassed because GSP was pushing the pace, he will always gass in that situation. Mir is natuarrally a 265 pound man, before it was fat but he turned it to muscle. Bj Penn is not naturally 170 pounds so he won't get any muscle. Bj has fought at 170 before and won titles, and he can beat a lot of the 170 fighters today, but he won't beat GSP. And niether will Anderson Silva Smile
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:49 pm

"Bj Penn is not naturally 170 pounds "

Which is why he needs to bulk up and focus his attention and training and dieting to compete for 170 only and forget about 155.

He does that and manages to keep his new found physical conditioning and cardio (of course easier said than done), he beats GSP.

As does Anderson cheers
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Adding muscle screws up your cardio. Poor cardio against GSP is a nightmare, which means he quits like a bitch after three rounds meaning GSP's overall round by round record against BJ Penn would be 9-1. Utter domination.

Silva couldn't beat Coté properly. GSP always schools Coté in training. Therefore GSP>Silva Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Anderson >Newton >Shonie Carter >Serra >GSP.

Anderson> GSP (5 times)

Laughing

Anderson fucked up Cote without even touching him Twisted Evil

GSP gropes people for 25 mins and cant finish them lol!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Touché so I give you:

GSP>Dan Hardy>Rory Markham>Brad Blackburn>Chonan>Anderson Silva

GSP is 6 times better than Silva cheers

Silva was dancing, Coté is white. Remember white guys can't dance, except for GSP so when Coté tried to keep up with Silva's move's, he didn't have the right "riddum".

Leites kept up with his moves, using a variation of the butt scoot so Silva couldn't do shit.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Your formula is flawed, Chonan is asian.

Asians creep Anderson out.

Anderson willing to fight GSP at 170lbs!!! - Page 2 All_asians_look_alike

Look at them, obviously planning and conspiracing against poor Anderson.

Wink
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Laughing Laughing

Look at how menacing and intimidating they are, I feel sorry for Silva.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:46 am

"Silva's BJJ is not that much better than GSP's, his ground game is pretty weak. Lutter got him in full mount and should have finished him but Lutter isn't a top fighter, he is a waste of talent."

Anderson's BJJ is much better than GSP's. Your point on Lutter fight is ridiculous. Lutter is BJJ black belt and Anderson subbed him of his back, that what the world class grapplers do. The fact that Lutter got mount means fuck all, blackbelts pass guard all the time in grappling matches.

Macdonald had Maia's back for fuck sake, does that mean Maia's grappling is shit? Of course not. And i think Ed Herman swept him some point during the fight...

GSP maybe a blackbelt but he is not in Anderson's league. Im afraid. Watching 111 was shameful to be honest. He looked lost doing the kimura.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Ye he subbed him after he hit him with a shitty little upkick, which should be banned and Lutter was gassing like a mother fucker. His triangle was very poor as well, he had him in it for two minutes and couldn't finish it right. Lutter tapped because of the ELBOWS and because he was tired, not because of his pitiful triangle.

Watching UFC 112 was shameful to be honest, dancing around like a clown, and gassing after two rounds.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Ye he subbed him after he hit him with a shitty little upkick, which should be banned and Lutter was gassing like a mother fucker. His triangle was very poor as well, he had him in it for two minutes and couldn't finish it right. Lutter tapped because of the ELBOWS and because he was tired, not because of his pitiful triangle.

Watching UFC 112 was shameful to be honest, dancing around like a clown, and gassing after two rounds.

Yeah Lutter basically flopped into that triangle. That win is not some awesome testament to Anderson's BJJ, it's not like he set it up by breaking Lutters posture down, using wrist control etc
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 am

My thoughts exactly
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 am

Silva's BJJ is good not great. It's still levels above GSP's. GSP might be one of the worst blackbelts i've ever seen. His submission attempts against Hardy were awful. Purple belts would have finished that fight.

Silva is much bigger than BJ, he's in much better shape and he will be a lot harder to take down. BJ could fight at 145. GSP could fight at 185 and not be over-matched. There is a huge size difference between them. Attempting to use the BJ fight as a reason as to why GSP will dryhump Silva to death is laughable.

Also, Silva didn't gas after two rounds. He got bored in the middle of the third. People who are gassed don't have the energy to run and hop around the ring the way he did.

Oh and here's a basic fact for you. Strikers who want to keep fights standing spend hours and hours practicing takedown defense. Wrestlers don't. The guys with the best takedown defense are the guys who want to keep a fight standing. Mirko CroCop has the best takedown defence in the history of the sport. Just because wrestlers could stop GSP from taking them down and dryhumping them, it doesn't mean Silva won't. Wrestlers don't train to stop takedowns, it's not in their mindset. Look at Maia take down Sonnen. Look at him fail miserably to take down Silva.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Thats a little harsh, ok it was very poorly executed but its not like he hasn't done it before. The armbar on Matt Hughes was very nice. I think GSP needs a new BJJ teacher, Greg Jackson doesn't know what he is doing and most of Renzo's students aren't that great.

I know what you mean about strikers having great takedown defense but GSP has takendown more than just wrestlers.

Maia took Sonnen down with a beautiful Judo throw, not with a shot or anything. He kept trying to shoot on silva and jump into gaurd. At the end of it, Silva got very slippery as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:25 am

Silva has too much dancing skills to get taken down, GSP will shot, Anderson will become John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever and shimmy his way out of it.

The armbar against Hughes was beautiful. But it was also a different position and the positioning of Hughes body put all the pressure on. GSP should go train his BJJ with the Ribiero brothers. After a year or two with them, his BJJ would be legit top level.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

I must admit, Silva does dance pretty well.

GSP is wasting his time with Jackson, he is a good coach but not great and doesn't know anything about BJJ.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Jackson is good for strategy and fitness and i think that's why GSP is with him. He trains BJJ away from Jackson as well, just not nearly enough. He trains his wrestling in Canada and still does his stand-up training in Montreal for the most part.

I think Saolo and Xande would really help GSP.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 am