THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
pinsman
Anfields5thKing
Cowboys From Hell
efils_god
Mryzyz
JStans1985
10 posters

Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next?

Poll

Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next?

[ 3 ]
    Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? I_vote_lcap50%Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? I_vote_lcap0%Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? I_vote_lcap50%Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    JStans1985
    JStans1985
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? Empty Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next?

Post  JStans1985 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 am

I'm sure there will be a difference in opinion here, I personally however can't decide which fight i'd rather see or which fighter would have the best chance of taking Silva down. GSP is obviously more experienced and proven than Jones, however Jones has continuously dominated regardless of who he's faced.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? Empty Re: Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next?

Post  Mryzyz Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 am

V JJ
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next? Empty Re: Which fight would you rather see Anderson Silva in next?

Post  efils_god Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 am

No way Jones would go to middleweight.

Can i vote Okami? The guy doesn't deserve to get screwed over again!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:02 pm

TBH Jones silva wouldn't be the Super fight everyone thinks It would be, Jones would take him down and smash him IMO, Saying that maybe Jones's ego might think he could hang with Silva....

The only fight i want to see Silva take considering he won't move up is Okami or Sonnen.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:05 pm

I want to see him fight Okami and then Sonnen.

He'd KO GSP.

Not sure why Bones is being mentioned. He's not close to the top level. Silva vs a fit Shogun would be a great fight.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Sure, prime Shogun vs Silva would be great.

Can't see it happening in the near future though. I'd rather Silva moved up to LHW than GSP moved up to MW. GSP-Silva doesn't interest me too much, i think Silva KO's him relatively easily.

There are loads of good match-ups for Sliva at 205. Had Shogun beaten Jones, i'd have loved to see Shogun-Silva!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Silva would KO Jones simple as that.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Okami
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Okami

Me too. He doesn't deserve to be screwed over again
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:36 pm

pinsman wrote:Silva would KO Jones simple as that.

Nothing is simple in MMA, if Jones was to use his wrestling effectivly he could well put Silva in a lot of trouble, given what we have seen from Silva on his back before. Plus with Jones having a reach advantage of over 7 inches against Silva, Silva would not be able to utilise his striking as well as he has done against past opponents that he has knocked out, fighters which a much shorter reach than Silva, which means they have to try and get on the inside of Silva, and therefore being prone to Silva nailing his opponents with knees and elbows. Jones would be able to stay on the outside, and take Silva out of his comfort zone, by making Silva need to push the pace, whereas he would much rather be a counter striker.

At this stage, I still think Silva would win, but if this fight was to happen in around a years time when Jones has gained more experience, Jones would have a huge chance.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 pm

He'd also dwarf Silva at 205
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Why the hell is Silva- Jones (Middleweight) an option? Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 pm

You should scrap that Silva-Jones middleweight option, and stick Silva-Okami on there. He deserves his shot, i'm bored of people winning #1 contenders matches then not getting their title shot.
    JStans1985
    JStans1985
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  JStans1985 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm

I stuck Silva Jones (Middleweight) on there just as an additional option instead of Silva being the only one to move up. I'm not sure how to revise the options now though to add Okami on there, happy to do so if someone can direct me!
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:19 pm

I don't think you can edit a poll once it's posted.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 am