THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
8 posters

Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'

mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'  Empty Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'

Post  mikeyboybisping Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Anderson Silva has exclusively told ESPN he would like to defend his UFC middleweight title against Michael Bisping in England, if the Briton achieves his goal of becoming No. 1 contender.

Silva is preparing for the eighth defence of his middleweight crown against The Phenom Vitor Belfort at UFC 126. Victory would take his winning run to 13 fights in the UFC, adding to his already exceptional legacy as the best 185-pounder to grace the planet.

Bisping is desperate to secure a title shot after back-to-back wins over Dan Miller and Yoshihiro Akiyama, and victory over Jorge Rivera at UFC 127 would propel him into serious contention.

Silva has history of fighting in the UK, having contested four Cage Rage bouts on English soil, predictably winning all four. A Silva v Bisping match-up could sell out just about any arena in the UK, and the Brazilian would be excited by the challenge.

"The British fans are very knowledgeable and passionate about MMA. I would love to fight there once more," he told ESPN.

"Michael Bisping is very impressive. He's been in the UFC for a long time now and beaten some very good fighters. It would be an honour to fight him, perhaps in England.

"He is fast, is very busy and makes adjustments quickly. I am the champion of the world, not just Brazil or America. Being a world champion means taking on the best fighters from around the world all over the world.

"If the chance came I would like to fight Bisping in the UK if that's what the UFC put together."

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/67723.html
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'  Empty Re: Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:46 pm

I thought Silva had stopped fighting cans???!!!???? scratch
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'  Empty Re: Anderson Silva 'would like to fight Bisping in the UK'

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Bisping getting a shot isnt unthinkable but for him to get a shot heres what has to happen...

1. Belfort looses to Anderson
    2. Okami looses to Anderson
    3. Wanderlei looses to Stann
    4. Marquardt looses to Sexyama
    5. Bisping beats Riviera
    6. Maia gets overlooked

I think talk of a Bisping title shot is a bit premature seeing as he is about 6th ranked in the UFC and a fight with Riviera isnt going to greatly increase his standing.

Gotta be honest I think Anderson just sees a popular figther in the UK and an easy payday, Bisping is an Ideal fight for him, Cant outwrestle or Sub him. Hasnt the power to KO him or put him down like Sonnen did. Slower, Weaker, Technically worse...

I think the Spider is just after a taylor made fight like Bisping but those 6 signs of the Apocolypse will have to happen for him to get a shot.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:38 pm

only chance Bisping has is if Anderson comes in injued or out of shape.
    he honestly may have had a small chance against the anderson who fought injured against Sonnen...Anderson just didnt look quick on the feet at all in that fight.
    and maybe if he was out of shape or bad weight cut Mike could win some late rounds...but its very very unlikely.
    Anderson wins with a knockout Smile
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:41 pm

I dont think I could watch the fight if it came to fruition, I could see Bisping getting terribly embarrassed in front of his home fans. Maybe that's Anderson's ulterior motive.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:22 pm

wilksdaman wrote:I dont think I could watch the fight if it came to fruition, I could see Bisping getting terribly embarrassed in front of his home fans. Maybe that's Anderson's ulterior motive.

yeah probably wally dance for 5 rnds. i dont think bisping will ever get a title shot.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 am

Anderson would KO him within 60 seconds.

In order for Bisping to get a shot all of the following would need to retire over night

Sonnen, Okami, Nate the Grease, Belfort, Wanderlei.

And even if all of those did retire, Franklin or Rashad would be more likely to drop weight and get a shot, or Shields/GSP/Fitch would move up from 170.

Bisping will never be top 10. I hope he beats Rivera and gets Sonnen. Sonnen will kill him and then he'll go away.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Anderson would KO him within 60 seconds.

In order for Bisping to get a shot all of the following would need to retire over night

Sonnen, Okami, Nate the Grease, Belfort, Wanderlei.

And even if all of those did retire, Franklin or Rashad would be more likely to drop weight and get a shot, or Shields/GSP/Fitch would move up from 170.

Bisping will never be top 10. I hope he beats Rivera and gets Sonnen. Sonnen will kill him and then he'll go away.

Couldn't agree more. Although I'm not sure that he could avoid Anderson for as long as 60secs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:41 am