THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
ChelseaQuinsfan
Shanemc
redmeanie77
Paolo_73
pinsman
Raiden
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
12 posters

Liddell vs Franklin now!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Liddell vs Franklin now! Empty Liddell vs Franklin now!

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:53 pm

“MMATURF.com has confirmed rumors with members from both Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin’s training camps. MMATURF has learned that in fact Tito Ortiz will be kicked off/leave the show towards the end of the season and that Rich Franklin has already signed and begun his training camp to prepare to fight Chuck Liddell..”

Apparently both camps have confirmed Liddell and Franklin are in training to fight each other. Good news, this is a more exciting fight than Randy vs Rich or Tito vs Chuck...

Hope this one goes ahead I can see it being a war, And I can see an upset on the cards here with Liddell winning.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Liddell vs Franklin now! Empty Re: Liddell vs Franklin now!

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:19 pm

I think Liddell would have steamrolled Ortiz.....again, this fight would be more interesting Franklin isn't a great striker but a very solid one who can stick to a game plan and IMO will most likely UD Liddell unless he gets caught up in an unnecessary exchange with Chuck has lost his reflexs and speed I think Franklin will take full advantage of this.

What is the fucking deal with Tito is he "injured" again or fell out out with Dana again or possibly is he think of retiring.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Liddell vs Franklin now! Empty RE:Lidell vs Franklin

Post  Raiden Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm looking forward to this fight more than an unnecessary third Ortiz Liddel encounter.

Should be interesting.

Liddel KO early in Round 3. You heard it here first.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Guys your crazy to discount Franklin! he's been on great form lately and Liddle has been aweful!

Franklin UD
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:41 pm

It'll be great to see Ace back in the cage. I reckon Liddell gets taken down for the first time in 10yrs and Franklin scores the sub.

Anyone else think Tito looks like he's been on a few too many sunbeds recently? On first glance I thought David Dickinson was guest coaching, perhaps the Duke would have done a better job?!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Dana has said that Chuck is definatly fighting Tito at 115.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:50 pm

good fight much better than chuck/tito i got chuck by ko in the third
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Dana has said that Chuck is definatly fighting Tito at 115.

yep I read this buyt both camps have confirmed otherwise, Dana clearly just doesnt want to give away what will happen in TUF.

Rich and Liddell both edged out Wanderlei so I expect this to be a close fight but I think Liddell reach and punch power are going to be a bif factor. Lets not forget Liddell was beating Evans up untill the KO, Rich hasnt the same 1 punch KO power than could be Chucks downfall. I like that 3rd round KO prediction Raiden

Im sure Calling Liddell is an unpopular choice, I know we have a few big Rich fans here but I think Liddell isnt as shot as they say.

I really didnt want to see Tito vs Chuck I dont know anyone who was looking forward to this one.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:14 pm

There is apparently a big announcement on next weeks show.

We already know Tito was hospitalised, and Jenna suffered a miscarriage sadly. But im not sure how things will shape up now. just got to watch the episodes i suppose....

I will miss Tito, if he is off the show, i thought he was great in the second episode, and really seemed to care about helping his fighters. I wont spoil the 2nd episode but compare what Tito did after the fight to what Rampage did last season.

Although for sure Chuck-Rich will be a more interesting fight. Another question is where doe Randy go now, he was supposed to fight Rich. scratch
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

"rich hasn't got one punch KO power"

Dude hve you seen his KO of I think it was Nate Quarry? the guy looked like he was having a fit on the ground!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:00 pm

... and liddel hasn't got a chin!!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Is it happening or not scratch

I like Liddell but I LOVE Rich so I have to go for him. I do think its a better fight for Rich though, he has much better conditioning and will set a better pace in the fight. This fight can go a lot like Rich vs Wandy, Rich will keep a distance and peck a way at him. Liddell will slow down and at that point Rich will either win a UD or finish him. I don't know if Rich can take Liddell down but from there I see some GnP. Liddell doesn't have the speed or even the power that Belfort possess so if he avoids a brawl he should win easily.

It was Nate Quarry who he fucked up, but normally he doesn't really have one punch KO power. Its not his strongest point but then again Liddell's chin is completely gone. That Shogun KO was pitiful. Ok Shogun is KO artist, but thats from his knees, I don't think he has ever KOed anyone with one punch. The actual shot he hit Liddell with was so telegraphed, everyone and there mums could see it coming except for Liddel. It wasn't even a big shot, if Rich hits him with a shot like he hit Quarry with. I fear for Liddell's health.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Here comes the enevitable backlash from Franklin's fanclub! Laughing I dont mean Rich doesnt hit hard, But he isnt generally a 1 punch KO guy like say Rampage is. Thats the biggest danger to Chuck with his Chin... or lack of.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Chuck schooled Randy twice,Randy schooled Belfort twice,Belfort knocked the shit out of Franklin,so Chuck is gonna beat Franklin into a living death.

There are absolutely zero flaws in this logic,so just accept it,OK Very Happy
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:51 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Chuck schooled Randy twice,Randy schooled Belfort twice,Belfort knocked the shit out of Franklin,so Chuck is gonna beat Franklin into a living death.

There are absolutely zero flaws in this logic,so just accept it,OK Very Happy

Yes Im with you mate, by my calculations, Chuck should be 5 times as good as Franklin. Plus has a handlebar tash so that makes him roughly 6 times the fighter I think, So 1st round KO were saying?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 am

Seems perfectly logical to me mate.

Chuck by KO in 30.5 secs - 6 times faster than Belfort Wink
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 am

Its offical Chuck-Rich UFC 115. No word on whats happened to Tito. This weeks episode should reveal all....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 am

pinsman wrote:"rich hasn't got one punch KO power"

Dude hve you seen his KO of I think it was Nate Quarry? the guy looked like he was having a fit on the ground!

That was years ago and Nate Quarry isn't Chuck Liddell.

I think Franklin wins this though, due to superior cardio. He's just going to outwork Chuck without ever really doing much. Chuck is shot to pieces.

Tito apparently gets thrown off the show but i'm not sure that's it's this soon into it.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:44 pm

I think its still in a few weeks, it won't be this soon. Its the third episode!

Is Tito the first coach to be thrown off?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:12 pm

yeah, i wonder did he hit somebody or did somebody knock him the fuck out!?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 pm

I hope Green hair/Black hair lad sparked him. that would be legendary
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:31 pm

The kid with the affro looked like he wanted aggro off anyone, my guess is he'll be involved if TITo is thrown of for hitting someone.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Former UFC light heavyweight champions, Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz have engaged in an online war of words on the popular social networking site, Twitter, although neither man revealed why Ortiz has been replaced by Rich Franklin for UFC 115.
    First to go was Liddell, responding to a fans question about why his opponent had changed.

“When I started the show with that pussy I was assured he’d fight me at the end I was pissed and have done as little interviews as I could since I knew. I don’t think that bitch ever planned on fighting me.”

Ortiz soon responded, saying:

“I haven’t lied to anyone. I was told not to say ‘Anything’! Having a chance to be sued for $5 million was not a chance I wanted to take. So watch TUF 11 and see what happens. I was just doing what I was told, for once. Sorry!”

“The only reason Chuck is talking so much shit. He knows that we aren’t fighting. As I said, ‘It will happen’! I’m not afraid of anyone and never have been. My record speaks in volume. And 5 title defenses. LR LHT Champ ever!”

“I will be back. Watch TUF 11 to see what happen. Sucks but I will been in the cage this year! I promise!”

News broke yesterday about Liddell’s change of opponent, bringing weeks of speculation to an end aided by a string of photos posted online. Fans will now wait with baited breath to see what happens to Ortiz on the hit reality show which is set to come to an end during the month of June

I dont think he got kicked off, or anything, i think he got injured or sick. (Well we know he was hopsitalised for a few days and Jenna had a miscariage) I think it was a neck injury obviously happened during the show as they dont want to spoil it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:02 pm