THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

chuck liddell on his future

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

chuck liddell on his future Empty chuck liddell on his future

Post  the_king Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell sits at a crossroads in his career after losing five of his last six. His most recent loss, a first round knockout to Rich Franklin, was marked by the fact that Liddell looked the best he had in his last several fights before catching a short punch on the chin that turned his lights off. "The Iceman" recently spoke with FightHubTV to give an update on where he thinks his future is and when he plans to make a decision regarding his MMA career.
    "Still working on that," Liddell said of making a decision about retirement. "I'm talking it over with everybody. I've still got to talk with Dana. I'm meeting with him next week. So, we'll kind of try to figure stuff out over the next month or two."

Liddell told FightHub that one of the biggest factors in making his decision will be whether or not he feels he is still competitive enough to make a legitimate run for a title; indicating that a retirement tour is not something that would keep him from hanging up the gloves.

"I still take into account that I can still fight. I'm still competitive with everybody," Liddell asserted. "For me, the biggest thing comes into account is whether or not I feel I'm at a point where I can make a run for a title. If I'm not making a run for a title, trying to prove that I'm the best out there, it takes away from what I want to do."

When asked what he has left to prove, why he would want to continue fighting after accomplishing so much in the sport, "The Iceman" said that he considers returning simply for a love of the game.

"I just enjoy fighting," he said. "I enjoy doing it, but like I said, if I'm gonna be out there I need that motivation, I need to be going after a title. So, we'll see."
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

chuck liddell on his future Empty Re: chuck liddell on his future

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Chuck, for the love of God, retire!

In a way that Franklin fight couldn't have went any worse for him, because regardless of being KO'd, up until the finish he was actually taking it to Rich, so in Chuck's mind he can still be competitive.

He either needs to switch up his style to protect his chin, which is extremely unlikely, or he needs to retire. If he comes back with the same style then its goodnight Vienna, sadly, again!
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:18 am

Chuck was whipping Rich until the KO. I'd like to see whoop Tito then call it a day.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:27 am

He wasn't "whipping" him at all, it was a close fight- he had the edge, but he wasn't dominating.

And i would back Tito to beat Chuck if they fought now.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 am

Chuck was beating Rich with ease. He was kicking his ass. Michael Bispings fan is correct, worst thing that could have happened to Chuck. Now he think he's able to fight the best. I say if he wants to fight, let him fight someone that will embarrass him. Put him in against Machida and tell Lyoto not to try and finish. Chuck wouldn't lay a glove on him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 pm