THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

liddell on retierment and fighting tito

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

liddell on retierment and fighting tito Empty liddell on retierment and fighting tito

Post  the_king Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Chuck Liddell has a decision to make. He can retire a UFC Hall of Famer and ride off into the sunset after his loss to Rich Franklin earlier this year. Dana White wants him to retire but says he will release “The Iceman” if he still wants to fight. MMABay caught up with Liddell and got his thoughts on retirement and the loss to Franklin.

“Well obviously I was disappointed with the outcome. I thought I was doing real well right up until the point I got caught. A few seconds more and I don’t think he would have answered the bell for the second round. I didn’t do anything I normally wouldn’t do, I thought I had him hurt and I went after him. That’s the way I am, that’s the way I fight and I don’t think that’s ever going to change. Whether it should or not, I don’t think it will ever change.”

“I’ve been taking some time to hang out and when I get back from this trip I’ll talk to my camp, my guys and talk to Dana, we’ll see. I’ve told Dana the same thing, I’m not ready to talk about it much, I wanna go have some time, and he’s kinda ‘OK, let me know what your decision is when you get back and we’ll talk’.”

When asked about Tito Ortiz Liddell said he would try to shut him up;

“You know, I don’t like the guy, I’ve knocked him out twice. I really don’t think I have anything left to do with the guy. I was gonna fight him for the show but I’ve really got nothing left for that guy. He hasn’t showed anything different that what he’s done before. I don’t know what I have left to prove with him.”

“I don’t think you’ll ever shut him up (laughs), he’ll just keep going, but I’ll be more than happy if Dana wants to shut him up again, only for a little bit of course.”

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:05 am