THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

What next for Franklin???

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

What next for Franklin??? Empty What next for Franklin???

Post  hendos_right_hook Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 pm

So, Franklin's coming off an unconvincing win over Wanderlei, and a disappointing loss against Belfort.

Who does everybody think he'll be fighting next??
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

What next for Franklin??? Empty Re: What next for Franklin???

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Hmm who next? Forrest Griffin makes sence, Both coming off bad losses, Both sliding towards the lower end of the 205lbs rankings. Or Maby keith Jardine, They would make for good fight, I think Franlin and Jardine would put on one hell of a show.

I think those two fights make sence timewise. Also I wouldnt rule out Jon Jones if be beats Hamill or perhaps even Ryan Bader if he wins at 104. Or lastly Shogun or Machida looser could work.. I think that all his options

Shogun/Mahcida (looser)
    Jon Jones (with a win)
    Ryan Bader (with a win)
    Forrest Griffin
    Keith Jardine

I think Tito will get a bigger fight than Rich should he win, And Coleman will be too lowly ranked with a loss. Theres also MAby Couture or Vera but again I think Couture will be too highly ranked with a win and Vera too low with a loss...

Im thinking Jardine or Griffin are on the most likely.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:35 pm

There are so many match ups at LHW for him.
    Griffin or Jardine are name fighters that might attract attention or there are up and comers like Luiz Cane or John Jones,who would love a scalp like Franklins on there record.
    Krzysztof could be built up because of his Henderson connection but I personally think Rich would destroy him and then you have any of Tito,Coleman,Randy and Vera when they have finished with each other.
    One thing thats great about the UFC's LHW division is you are never short of options.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

I think Forrest or Tito are the biggest fights out there for him but i think Forrest will rematch with Jardine and the winner of that will get Tito.

I think Franklin will fight Lil Nog next regardless of the result against Cain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am