THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
7 posters

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem.

Poll

Who's your pick?

[ 4 ]
    Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 8
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem.

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Any Pics or other results up yet? Overeem looked hugh becide him in the photo shoot!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem.

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Preview Show

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri May 14, 2010 11:56 pm

•Champ Alistair Overeem (253) vs. Brett Rogers (264) – for heavyweight title
    •Andrei Arlovski (242) vs. Antonio Silva (265.5)
    •Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (186.5) vs. Joey Villasenor (186)
    •Roger Gracie (205.75) vs. Kevin Randleman (205)
    •Antwain Britt (204.5) vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (206)

No pics yet sorry.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 15, 2010 12:04 am

Fuck Bigfoot is a big fella!! I sorta want him to come out all guns blazing and beat Arlovski even though I like both, I see a lot of potential in him but he reminds me of Gonzaga that way.... I see the potential and no one else does!! Laughing I hope he lives up to his potential, its more in his head or his Gas tank he needs fixing, Arlovski just better tuck his chin in, he should outstrike him bigfoot isnt quite as dangerous as Rogers on the feet, Lacks a bit of power but he is a 270-280lbs guy that will throw a jumping knee and I think he will win on the ground if they end up there.... I predicted AA UD, Is Bigfoot a Huge underdog though?

Here that HL show is worth watching for the Overeem Hl's. Next to Carwin he is the harders hitter in MMA bar none and he has 4 limbs with that power in Carwin just has the hands. But Buentello put Overeem in trouble on the feet all those years back this fight will show if he can really mix it up with top(ish) level MMA guys. Im hoping he does win because its a better thing for MMA because him vs Barnett/Fedor are what everyone wants.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 15, 2010 12:09 am

Wanting no part of the stand-up isnt the same as being "troubled on the feet". Was GSP troubled on the feet by Hardy?

Reem just took him straight down and mostly grappled with him, until he made him tap after a knee to the body (from standing).
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 15, 2010 12:16 am

Been a While since I seen it but I though there was an exchange that made his shy away from the standup. He has taken some good shots in K-1 though.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat May 15, 2010 12:23 am

No Bigfoot certainly isn't a BIG underdog but i'm defintley going with the pitbull here. You know, with AA's chin, its never EVER, a sure thing but he is the better striker and to be honest I wouldn't put Arvloski as a massive disadvantage on the ground either. He isn't on Fedor's level but he still posses solid Sambo skills. He did submit Sylvia, doesn't sound like a lot but only Mir, Fedor and Nog have been able to do that. Monson couldn't do it in 5 rounds.

I like the comparison between Gonzaga and Bigfoot but I don't see as much potentiol in Big foot TBH. I think Gonzaga is much more skilled on the ground, maybe not as good standing up. Gonzaga has wasted it though it seems, unless he goes on a spectaculor run now.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 15, 2010 2:26 am

Coker said...

“In California, Nevada and other states drug testing is mandatory or sometimes it’s random…We stand aside because the commission’s doing the tests. The commission here [in Missouri] is drug testing and it will be random, and what we’ve decided to do is test all the athletes ourselves. That will happen tomorrow after the weigh-ins.”

“Without a doubt all these fighters have to be clean, otherwise we’re going to have a problem, it’s going to be an issue. And Alistair, believe me, he’s fought in California twice and he’s tested clean both times…Let the guy go fight, prove himself, innocent before guilty, right? We hired a lab here in town. The lab’s going to do the testing for us tomorrow after the weigh-ins. It’s something we felt was the right thing to do and all the fighters including Alistair had no problem with it. Let it be what it’s going to be.”

....Yeah sure you will, And Overeem's will get "lost" or perhads replaced! Laughing If Overeem magically doesnt get tested with this "Random" selecting does anyone think that Coker will release a positive piss test??? I very much doubt it myself, If Overeem wins him vs Fedor is going to be huge, I think there would be more interest in Fedor vs Overeem than Fedor vs Barnett in the US if Overeem puts Rogers to sleep.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 am

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 Brett-rogers

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 Alistair-overeem

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 Brett-rogers-alistair-overeem

Im not the kind of guy whos really into conspiracy theorys but Overeem doesnt quite look like the sculpted roman statue who's deltoids were the size of melons against Fugita. Surprised

Mayorga and Thomas also both make weight, going to be great night of fights. I hope Mayorga comes into the cage with a ciggarette Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat May 15, 2010 12:11 pm

interesting theory What a Face

here he is a D12 weigh in:

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 20091024012601_200910240061

looks bigger perhaps?

exactly the same weight though Neutral
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 15, 2010 5:24 pm

Brett Rogers Really Doesn’t Like Alistair Overeem. - Page 2 2ikb9s2
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat May 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Where did his Tattoo on his left forearm disappear too Wink
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sat May 15, 2010 5:41 pm

He doesnt look quite as big at the strikeforce weigh-ins as the dream picture. Could it be because he's changed up his training for his return to mma. Slowed down on the weights in favour of abit more speed and cardio. This fight will probably be mostly stand up, but if grappling becomes involved he might have wanted abit more gas and flexibility for that so stayed away from the weights room. I could be wrong, he could have been on PEDs, we dont really know.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 15, 2010 7:40 pm

I picked Overeem to win by sub in the 1st, but i hope Rogers beats him down bad. If Overeem loses and Arlovski wins then really isnt anyone for Fedor to fight in the US. Infact even in the world there would only be the fight against the cheater in Japan.

Tonight could be big in deciding how Fedor's career pans out in the near future. Heres hoping all these things happens and he ditches M-1 to sign for UFC. We can all dream cant we...? Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:07 pm