THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
NonnyMus
Albion_Oakley
6 posters

Mr Ed to fight Brett Rogers in may

Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Mr Ed to fight Brett Rogers in may Empty Mr Ed to fight Brett Rogers in may

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:41 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18133/champ-alistair-overeem-confirms-may-15-strikeforce-fight-with-brett-rogers.mma

Overeem vs Rogers in strikeforce May apparently! and its not a title fight! why would it be, not like he has had the title nearly 2 1/2 years and not defended it!
    NonnyMus
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Mr Ed to fight Brett Rogers in may Empty Re: Mr Ed to fight Brett Rogers in may

Post  NonnyMus Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Why is it a non-title fight?
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:33 pm

strange it aint for the title anyway Rogers first round ko heard it here first Smile
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 pm

I assume its cause Rogers got ko'd in his last fight but it is still very lame!
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Overeem fighting in the US? I'll believe it when I see it.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Shanemc wrote:strange it aint for the title anyway Rogers first round ko heard it here first Smile

Bizarrely enough, I see that happening too. I'd be curious to see what the odds are before the fight as some money could be made!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Rogers put up a decent fight against Fedor, the ground and pound he put on him in the 1st (I think?) may well be enough to finish Overeem.

Going in with the loss though, you'd get some good odds for that, probably worth a cheeky tenner on Rogers Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:34 pm