THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
manschesthair_utd
poz
Anfields5thKing
Shanemc
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
10 posters

Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ????

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ???? Empty Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ????

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Not offical yet, but it looks like its happening. affraid
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ???? Empty Re: Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ????

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:59 pm

What was that about the UFC and mismatches Anfield?

To clarify, i'm joking. This'll be a FUN fight!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ???? Empty Re: Alistair Overeem fighting Duffee at Dynamite ????

Post  Shanemc Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Overeem is going to wreck him Duffee is not ready for this fight yet
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Correct Shane, Duffee got KO'd by Russow... He is nowhere NEAR a fight with a top 5 HW, which Overeem IMO is.

Overeem first minute KO.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah but who would put any money on Russow if he were to rematch Duffee?

I will piss myself laughing if he beats Overeem though, and im hoping he does.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:43 pm

I would put money on Russow beating him again, now he knows he can take Duffee's best shots for 2 and half rounds and land one haymaker for the win. If you'd asked me to bet on Russow before their first matchup though, well... thats a different matter.

I honestly can't see how Duffee does win this, save from a Hail Mary punchers chance, he's already lost Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Brown Pride wrote:Yeah but who would put any money on Russow if he were to rematch Duffee?

Because you are a UFC fanboy??
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Someone is getting KO'd!
    Russow took some huge shots though, and Duffee can hit hard. Overeem can be hurt so should be a good (though quick) one.
    I think Duffee could possibly do it, he will have been training hard since his UFC release (did I miss the official reason,btw?}
    Overeem massive favourite, but still!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Russow is way underrated. great grappler and tough as hell.

However......Overeem by whatever, whenever.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Brown Pride wrote:Yeah but who would put any money on Russow if he were to rematch Duffee?

Because you are a UFC fanboy??

Didnt realise Duffee was still with the UFC. Now I really want him to win.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Well he was meant to be the next big thing from the UFC until it turned out he's just a can with the a lot of muscle.

UFC had 6 HW prospects they thought were going to give them the best HW division in the sport. 4 of them have been shown up as being average fighters who can't compete against the best. Fanboys like yourself don't like when that happens. Look at poor Payne, he's had to jump on the Cain bandwagon after the Lesnar carthorse fell over.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Well he was meant to be the next big thing from the UFC until it turned out he's just a can with the a lot of muscle.

UFC had 6 HW prospects they thought were going to give them the best HW division in the sport. 4 of them have been shown up as being average fighters who can't compete against the best. Fanboys like yourself don't like when that happens. Look at poor Payne, he's had to jump on the Cain bandwagon after the Lesnar carthorse fell over.

In the mood this early Anfield? Very Happy Time to let the big boys punch it out!
    I'm gonna crack a beer and watch the carnage!
    Sometimes reading you guys slug it out is better than the fights! Very Happy
    Raising a glass as we speak lol!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:09 pm

ppozma wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Well he was meant to be the next big thing from the UFC until it turned out he's just a can with the a lot of muscle.

In the mood this early Anfield? Very Happy Time to let the big boys punch it out!

Chin chin Ppozma, *raises glass*

This could get ugly! cheers

PS, you got your pics in for the awards mate?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm

well i'm gone for the next few weeks mate so i figured I'd put the ladies in their places before I left.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    ppozma wrote:

Chin chin Ppozma, *raises glass*

This could get ugly! cheers

No picks from me Axe, only catching up on 15 years or so of not watching MMA!!!! I'd put you as best newcomer award thingy, although if I remember 'Gibmeister'(?) was given a rough ride, and was probably scared off!

PS, you got your pics in for the awards mate?
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:19 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:24 pm

He's on to us Payne, 4 of our HW prospect have been exposed as average Mad We must get working on recruiting 4 others in our quest for HW domination.

Arise Sir Chad Corvin. You have been chosen to lead us to our destiny.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Duffee is actually a decent opponent for the Reem. The funny thing that apart from Cro Cop, and Rogers, this is Overeem's toughest opponent since he was sparked by Sergei.

But Duffee has power and is very strong so he won't be able to out muscle him as easily as he has done to some of his other opponents. And he'll have to wary standing up.

Should be an easy fight for him though, if he fails to beat Duffee, it would be very embarrassing for him.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:15 pm

i was hoping for a better fight for reem? but its close to the event now.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 am

Duffee decapitation, via Knee to the skull in the first 10 seconds

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 pm