THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
6 posters

Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger?

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger? Empty Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:36 pm

http://www.cagepotato.com/please-say-just-tasteless-joke-alistair-overeem-face-sam-hoger-next

Sam Hoger is reporting on his Twitter page that he "MAY have a date with Overeem" in a fight expected to take place in Japan. Surely this is a pointless fight? Since he won the Strikeforce heavyweight title almost two years ago he hasn't competed again in the US. If Strikeforce have any aspirations of competing with the UFC they cannot afford to wait for Overeem to get the juice out of his system and fight in the US, it just makes a mockery out of the promotion.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger? Empty Re: Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger?

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Strikeforce need him to crush someone so he can come in and face Fedor after Fedor disposes of Rogers.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger? Empty Re: Alistair Overeem to fight UFC reject Sam Hoger?

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 pm

this will probably be at DREAM 12, which overeem is confirmed for, it is in a cage to habilitate Strikeforce fighters coming over and competing.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:22 am

Yeah Dream 12 makes sence but want it in Shoto? And he has the mighty mo fight at golden glorys 10 aniversiery doesnt he? I think it might not be against Mo but i think it will be another Can anyway.

I think Overeem needs to just make sure he wins so the figth with Fedor seem more Legit. Fair enough I suppose. Boxers have tune up fights and if it keeps them active why now.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:48 pm

pointless fight but will keep overeem busy and hope keeps winning to set up the mega fight with fedor
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Poor Hoger, he's gonna get destroyed, Overeem is one of my favourite fighters but if he faces Fedor i reckon it'll be over quickly and Fedor will have his arm raised
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Apparently Overeem is to fight Tony Sylvester (11-2) at Golden Glory 11 next Saturday.

There are also rumours of a new year's matchup in Japan against everyone's favourite redneck Tim Sylvia.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Yeah heard the same, Infact I added it to the callendar. Aparently Sylvias managment said Hong Man Choi and Overeem are the two names being talked about for Tims opponent. If he knows whats good for him he will fight Choi.... Not because he will win but Because Overeem whould mercylessly batter him!! Laughing

Choi is fighting Shaq though at some stage! Choi looks to have given up on K-1 and concentrating on MMA which he is shite at!! Strange career move.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:59 am