THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
Moose Stuff For Money...
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
9 posters

Good Evening................

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Good Evening................ Empty Good Evening................

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 am

Hello lads,

As you all know i've been away for a while after having my hip surgery. Surgery didn't go completely to plan, the damage to my hip was more severe than first thought. So i needed a more serious operation followed by more intensive rehab than was originally planned. Was also in the States this past week, was meant to be attending UFC 111 but instead went to spend time with Thiago before his surgery. I've been checking in on the site using my blackberry, this is the first time i've been able to sit down at a computer and type anything out. Thanks to those of you who messaged me wishing me a good recovery from my surgery.

I'm going to Malta on Tuesday for a week to rest and recover and to do some physio. Then i'm coming home to start some intensive work on getting myself back in shape. I'm not sure when i'll be active on here again. I'll keep messaging Ginginho my predictions and that but won't have time to post until i'm happy with my rehab and the state of my hip. Although i am taking time out to go to Strikeforce in Nashville and hopefully in St. Louis as well!

Couple of quick comments on the events since i've been gone.

UFC on Versus:

Bones Jones is a beast. His performance was the most impressive thing i've seen this year other than Cain over Nog.

Gonzaga is done. JDS looked impressive and he has power but it's knockdown power, not knockout power. JDS won't trouble Carwin, Lesnar or Cain and i think Mir and possibly Nelson would beat him too.

UFC 111:

Only saw this event yesterday, GSP dryhumped his way to victory. Pathetically poor submission attempts. Any REAL BB would have tapped Hardy twice. Having a black belt does not make you a black belt, it just means your trousers won't fall down. Was not impressed by his performance AT ALL. Taking down and dryhumping a Brit with no wrestling is not impressive in a mixed martial arts fight. GSP should piss off and do the Olympics if he wants to wrestle instead of fight.

Carwin has scary power. Short uppercuts with his weaker hand and he dropped a roided up Mir. Carwin has the wrestling and power to beat Lesnar. He'll beat him standing up and has the takedown defense to keep it standing up.

Fitch did a GSP and dryhumped his way to victory. What an exciting fight that's going to be!

I heard Dana's comments about fighters in the same camps. Someone should tell that clown that it's out of his control and he's been saying the same shit for over a year now. AKA fighters WILL NOT FIGHT EACH OTHER. Neither will the Black House crew. Or the ATT boys. Or those at Xtreme Couture. Chute Boxe fighters would but there's no1 good in Chute Boxe these days.

UFN 21:

Gomi is done and should retire. He got completely schooled by Florian who didn't do anything special. Florian will beat Maynard and then get destroyed by BJ again.

Nelson showed two things:
    1) Struve has a glass chin as i've said before
    2) He is a legit top HW. Nelson would beat most UFC HW's. The top 3, Lesnar, Carwin, Cain would beat him. Mir might beat him too. I think he'd beat the rest though. JDS could beat him if he tags him but Nelson has a much better ground game and a solid chin. He's only been stopped once and that was by Arlovski who's a much better striker than anyone in the UFC top 10.

Nate Quarry really needs to quit. He was embarrassed by a very average fighter.

Siver - Pearson was a good fight, not great. They cancelled each other out. Pearson's size and reach won him the fight.

Anyway, I hope you are all keeping well, i see Kaldog has returned. Great to see you mate, hope you're doing well. Ben, sorry to read about you and the missus. Chelski, Fedor is as big as JDS?? Actually claiming that beating any HW in the UFC is as impressive as beating Pride-era Nog?? Seriously kid, lay off the drugs.

Anyway, i'll be back when i'm back, just thought i'd throw up a post to let you all know i'm still alive and kicking.

After

D
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Good Evening................ Empty Re: Good Evening................

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:17 am

cheers Gald to see you back mate, wish u a speedy recovery. If You are talking to Alves again wish him all the best, think pretty much everyone on here is a fan of his.

Bisping hasnt got enough hate with you gone Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 am

Good to hear from you Anfield, hope the rehab goes well.

Anfields5thKing wrote:Fitch did a GSP and dryhumped his way to victory. What an exciting fight that's going to be!
    My thoughts entirely, although I was shocked to read on wikipedia the other night that the first fight apparently won the Fight of the Night honours. I can't really remember the fight too well though and I ain't sure if I want to spend twenty five minutes sitting through it again. Sleep
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 am

Great to hear from you again mate. Cool

Nelson gets alot of unnecessary shit from people because of his physique, but he is definatly a legit HW. He seems to have gotten even better than he was before the show. If he strings a couple of more wins against the likes of Kongo, GG, etc then he cracks top 10 for sure.

Yeah i think the 3 wrestlers at HW in UFC have the beating of all the others stylewise. Although i think if Lesnar wants a takedown then he gets a takedown even against Carwin. Carwin has the power in his hands, but Lesnar is not exactly the easiest guy to hit out there. But i think Carwin has the best chance of anyone at beating Brock.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:35 am

ok firstly glad to see you havent disappeared, hope the recovery goes to plan.

now to your post.

-knockdown power not knockout power? can someone explain?
    i understand the difference between a knockdown and ko but i'm pretty sure JDS has KO power.

-on second viewing the sub attempts looked a bit poor from GSP, specifically the armbar. In my not very educated opinion he was holding his arm with his hands the wrong fashion, he should hug it instead of holding with his hands am i right? it would keep it closer to his body. either way props go to hardy for his pain threshold, but he should have been walking away with a broken arm.
    it wasnt that impressive from GSP after all Pat Miletich said most brits trip over the logo on a wrestling mat.

- as for the Fitch fight, at least Sauders looked like he had been in a fight, that was a beating....unlike GSP who dished out a brutal 25 minutes of frustration for Hardy.

looking at Siver he looks like he will be exposed by a good puncher(yes i know its easy to say that now)....the way he fights looks alot like Zaromskis, totally stiff looking, but dangerous punches and kicks.

i would be a fan of Alves if he fought people his own size. Razz
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:08 pm

"knockdown power not knockout power? can someone explain?"

Not sure but i think Anfield is suggesting that JDS doesnt have one punch KO power......

I dont agree though, as when you watch the Yvel and GG ko's, they were both quick counter left hooks that had them rocked bad, and set up the easy finish. I dont think you can say he doesnt have one punch KO because he didnt finnish them with those left hooks. His hands are HEAVY to say the least.

Just look at this, his feet are firmly planted, he doesnt get much of his weight behind it. And he doesnt even catch Yvel well, but he drops him like a sack of potatoes.

Good Evening................ 20itp1g
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:41 pm

hurry up and get ya miserable arse back on here mate, my predictions have gone to shit since u been gone, its only the motivation of beatin you that makes me concentrate on the job!

so get back on ya feet damn quick!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Hope your recovery is coming on well Anfeild.
    I thought I had seen your name online a few times,luck forward to reading your unbiased thoughts on things again soon,I think Razz
    Luck after yourself mate and hope your rehab goes well.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh im sorry I didn't wish you well earlier Anfield, I had no idea. Hope you recover well, sorry to hear.

Don't want to argue much right now but I didn't say beating Pride Nog was less impressive than a UFC fighter. Not sure where you heard that, I said that some people have said WERDUM is as much of a challenge. My point was to prove that Fedor isn't just fight some average fighter, nut a legit BJJ black belt.

As for JDS and Fedor, I don't know both weigh in at about 235. JDS is much taller.

Anyway, get better and I hope your rehab goes well.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Get well soon anfield miss you on here dude! by getting back in shape what does this intail????....

Love your comment on GSP, bullying a non wreastler!

what do you think on pearsons judo?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:18 am