THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
ChelseaQuinsfan
Paddyjock
6 posters

PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010

Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010 Empty PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010

Post  Paddyjock Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Post your predictions here for UFC Champions in August 2010

Heavyweight - Junior Dos Santos
    Light Heavy Weight - Lyoto Machida
    Middleweight - Nate Marquardt
    Welterweight - GSP
    Lightweight - Gray Maynard

I think Dos Santos will beat Carwin and get a shot at Brock. Don't know if its more hope than belief that Dos Santos will dethrone Lesnar!!
    Can't see anyone beating Machida if he gets past Shogun
    Once the Spider steps down I think Nate will put his stamp on the middleweight divison
    Maybe a strange choice but as Maynard is such a big Lightweight I think he will use his wrestling skills to grind out UD against the rest of the top Lightweights. He'll be a boring champ but I think he'll get there. Not sure BJ will still be fighting in a year.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010 Empty Good Thread

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:58 am

Nice topic.

HW: Junior Dos Santos- I feel like this kid has a lot of talent with awesome KO power, capable of KOing any HW and a good ground game. Hard to beat Lesner but one mistake and he will b seeing stars.

LHW: Rich Franklin-Because he is my second favourite fighter Smile, Honestly I think its between Shogun and Machida right now, whoever wins should hold that belt for some time. Give him a little bit more time though and I think Ryan Bader will be a real force in the division, he has everything. He is like a LHW version of Lesner, huge, fast, athletic, top class wrestling and better striking and submission.

MW: Nate Martquardt-Again one of my favourite fighters but I feel like when Silva steps down, no one is better equipped to win the belt than this man right here. He has so many tools to his game, he is big, fast and an excellent training camp. Henderson will be in the mix as well and possibly Vitor Befort.

WW: GSP-My favourite fighter and because he is heads and shoulders above the rest of the WW division. I could see guys like Johnson challenging but not beating GSP. Maybe the UFC will sign Shields and Diaz by the but again I can't them beating GSP.

LW: Diego Sanchez- A very talented well-rounded fighter who has so many tools. I think his grappling skills will help him beat wrestlers like Maynard and Griffin by subbing them. Maynard has been subbed before by Nate Diaz on TUF 5 and Sanchez has better subs than Diaz. This is a hard one to pick because there are so many possibilities. Sanchez, Guida, Maynard, Griffin, Edgar, Sherk, Miller, Diaz, Kenflo, Stevenson or Lauzon. Then you have to think if the UFC will sign anyone else, maybe Alvarez, Aoki or Hellboy. So many possibilities. At the end of the day BJ could remain the champion for another year.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010 Empty Re: PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010

Post  Shanemc Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:14 am

HW:Kimbo
    LHW:Houston Alexander
    MW:Bisping
    WW:Matt Hughes
    LW:Sean Sherk
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010 Empty Re: PREDICTIONS FOR UFC CHAMPIONS AUG 2010

Post  Shanemc Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:16 am

no just messing with the first post

HW:Cain Velazquez
    LHW:Machida
    MW:Marquardt
    WW:GSP
    LW:Sanchez/Maynard
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:44 pm

HW: I think it will be still Brock only other man i think could be Champ round then is Carwin if he beats Lesnar.

LHW: If Shogun is back to 05' form then i can not see why it wouldn't be him providing he beats Machida who i feel will be still champ can not really think who will trouble him.

MW: If Anderson isn't hiding behind his belt fighting mediocre strikers at LHW i'm going with Belfort on a run to the Title starting tonight in beating Franklin.

WW : GSP all the way unless someone pulls another Serra on him.

LW : Penn all day long no one is on his level at LW.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Cro-cop
    Shogun
    Vitor
    GSP
    BJ
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Heavyweight - Cain Valezquez
    Light-Heavyweight - Lyoto Machida
    Middleweight - Vitor Belfort
    WelterWeight - GSP
    Lightweight - Diego Sanchez

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 pm