THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

No Cain vs JDS yet...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

No Cain vs JDS yet... Empty No Cain vs JDS yet...

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 am

So were not going to see Cain and JDS fight each other? And to be fair he was pushed to think of who wouldnt be a step down? Well maby the looser of the Mir/Carwin fight? Thats one of them taken care off, the other one will likely get an easier fight, JDS vs Kongo would work at a push I suppose, Toney does want to fight at Hw would love him to be fed to Cain!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

No Cain vs JDS yet... Empty Re: No Cain vs JDS yet...

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:00 am

If the winner of Mir/Carwin comes out healthy and is able to fight Brock at 116. Then i will bet my left nut that we will see Cain-JDS next. There is no one else for them to fight, Kongo would be a step down for JDS, and they wont wait a until next year to fight Mir/Carwin/Brock for the title.

The only reason they would avoid this fight is if they wanted to protect both guys and keep them away from each other so neither lose. And they would feed them lower ranked guys like Kongo. I dont think the UFC will do that.

I think after UFC 111 we will all have a better picture of how the HW division will shape up, i dont think Dana or Joe Silva know what exactly is going to happen and it would be wrong for them to be promoting Cain-JDS right now.

Im still optimistic we will see JDS-Cain fight next, maybe co-main event at 116. That would be great.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16 am

Velasquez also commented on a man many want to see him fight next, Junior dos Santos:

“I definitely think he is the best boxer in MMA, the best heavyweight boxer in MMA. He’s fast and powerful. He fights smart and he has a good camp, too. So, definitely, he’s a good fighter.”
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:27 pm

I smell Ed Soares BS here Velaquez would probably do what he did to Kongo & Rothwell with JDS it seems ED has stuck his mangina in here and cried no elite grapplers please Dana Sad what we want is Kongo (I'd bet money on this fight materialising) or Hardonk next fuck that what why not Irvin send his skeletor ass back up to HW Very Happy

This fight makes sense why else would this not happen but Ed Soares Mad
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Haha Kongo maby... Hardonk doubtfull.... Maby Barry if he beats Crocop? Maby beat Rothwell if he beats Yvel or the winner of Nelson Struve....

Theres a few half passible fights for him.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Looks like there will be no Cain-JDS fight. Cain will wait and get the winner of Carwin-Brock at the end of the year.

Whereas JDS still hasnt done enough to get a title shot, so will probably fight Kongo/Mir/Nelson.

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/3/28/1394604/cain-velasquez-on-tap-for-lesnar#comments

During Brock Lesnar's prolonged absence from competition, several contenders have entered the heady race for the shot at UFC heavyweight title.

On Saturday night, Shane Carwin's first-round TKO victory over former title holder, Frank Mir, sorted out the title picture for the time being.

Having won the interim championship, Carwin emerged as the next challenger for Lesnar's belt. Just below him in the title contention hierarchy is another fighter who recently earned a significant victory over a top-ranked heavyweight: Cain Velasquez.

UFC president Dana White announced that Velasquez's victory over former Pride heavyweight champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, positions him as the challenger to the Lesnar-Carwin winner later this year.

"Cain's waiting in the wings now," White said. "Cain's probably going to wait for the next shot. (Junior) Dos Santos will not. Dos Santos will fight again."

Velasquez has had a meteoric rise since entering UFC with 2-0 professional record. In UFC, he has reeled off six straight victories, including five stoppages. Junior Dos Santos, who stopped Gabriel Gonzaga on UFC on Versus event last week, has also emerged as a top contender with a 5-0 UFC record. Mir is a potential opponent for Dos Santos, though White stated that no decision has been made yet on whom either will face in their next bouts.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:25 pm

this fight needs to happen im looking forward to these two fighting each other than carwin/lesnar tbh

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:53 am