THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
manschesthair_utd
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Moose Stuff For Money...
rudeboyben84
8 posters

Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this... Empty Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this...

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 pm

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-dana-white-gets-personal-against-mayweather-vs-pee-drinking-whats-his-name

"I'm a big boxing guy and I respect the guy that he's fighting, I know his name but I can't think of it right now"

Its starting to piss me off that Dana calls himself a Big Boxing fan... what Boxing fan doesnt know who Juan Manuel Marquez is? How and why doesn he claim to be a big boxing fan? Is it all part of his plan to beat boxing... by pretending he is a fan while badmouthing it at every turn?

Id just like to point out that most people think JMM is 1-1 with Pacquiao and a lot of people I know think he is 2-0 against Pacquiao. In reality the scores showed a draw and a SD... And Pacquiao is considered top p4p... after 2 razor thin fights were most thought JMM won you would think Pacman would have settled the score but he didnt want a rematch!! Im a huge Manny fan but I do think he was ducking JMM. In has career he has beaten the likes of Juan Diaz and Barerra and is number 1 ranked in his weight class...

So as a boxing fan id like to say a big FUCK YOU to Dana "Big Boxing fan" White. Its so disrespectfull to a great boxer to not know his name and to say that a guy who had two 50/50 fights with the current p4p best fighting the former p4p best is a fight noone is interested in!!!!

Had to get that off my chest, I really like JMM he is a really good figher to watch, Steriotypical tough as nails Mexican and It really bothered me to hear Dana spout such shite. If he wanted to have a pop at mayweather fair enough but no need to start badmouthing JMM.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this... Empty Re: Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this...

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Ben, take it your not going to join The Dana White Fanclub then?

lol!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this... Empty Re: Boxing fan? Think Dana is a prick?... you will like this...

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Haha thats classic an actual Dana White fan club... I think JMM should request to be added as a friend!!! Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:41 pm

No point, there isn't a single reply to any of the forum topics. Looks like even Dana's fans don't really like him.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 am

What can you say Dana is well known for making a tit of himself making out not knowing who is easily one of the top 3 Boxers in the world as you say got robbed by the judges in the Pacman fights IMO twice is comical this is the same man who thinks his imaginary P4P best fighter Anderson Silva is a draw amongst fans but piss poor PPV buys in the Cote prove other wise and lets not forget constantly bad mouths Fedor for fighting Choi. Lindland others yet lets his boy fight Cote, Irvin & Leites Laughing .

Dana is a tit i do wish the Fertitta's would put him in the back ground he is the Fred Durst of MMA thinks he is cool and still relevant but reality is no one really gives a fuck what he thinks or what he does apart from deluded frat boys who think it is still 2001-03.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:08 pm

he clearly does know who marquez is, he's just behaving like the tit he always is by pretending he doesn't know. I really, really dislike Dana White, he always talks about how the UFC put on the best fights, better than anyone else, this is true, but he has the power to make the UFC so much better and more accepted in the mainstream but he doesnt do it and just gets fatter and fatter and swears more and more. Mad
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Additional Generic Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:33 pm

I like Dana White for the simple fact he winds people up so much.

Oh and Mayweather will give Marquez a lesson and then beat Manny too.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:59 pm

dana just trying to make it out that mayweather is fighting a nobody i think cause hes afraid mayweather fight will sell alot more than the ufc! anyway anybody been watching the 24/7 really hypes up the fight for me cant wait for it what you guys doing watching the ufc or the mayweather fight il be watching mayweather but will be switching between channels for them
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Im recording them both not and will be spending sunday watching Fight night 19, Mayweather fight and UFC 103 with my Brothers... I think ill probabally end up watching the UFC live, Im more interested to see Crocop and Belfort than perhaps anyone in Boxing at the minute. Ive a feeling Floyd is going to school Marquez and I dont want to see that!! Its a Great week for fights!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Was anyone else delighted that Mayweather-Marquez did more than twice the numbers UFC 103 did?? I love when Dana gets shown up.

here's to seeing Mayweather-Mosley next and then Mayweather-PacMan.

Dana better have Lesnar and Liddell ready to go on both of those nights of the UFC will get obliterated both times.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:23 pm

That was a long night. Texas versus Texas Tech. UFC 103. Mayweather versus Marquez. All in a row with the Fight Night slipped in between. It does say something about the huge sales that a one off fight between two boxers completely out stripped the UFC, although I don't see it happening with every major boxing card, Haye versus Valuev for example. The lower weight boxers fight at such a high speed it's hard not to watch them. Pacquaio versus Mayweather will be awesome, the UFC had better avoid putting on an event that night. I think it was really low of him to announce that the fight was a waste of time during the press conference as it was awesome, Mayweather has such fast hands, I could see him putting most mix martial artists to shame.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm

TomHughes1983 wrote:That was a long night. Texas versus Texas Tech. UFC 103. Mayweather versus Marquez. All in a row with the Fight Night slipped in between. It does say something about the huge sales that a one off fight between two boxers completely out stripped the UFC, although I don't see it happening with every major boxing card, Haye versus Valuev for example. The lower weight boxers fight at such a high speed it's hard not to watch them. Pacquaio versus Mayweather will be awesome, the UFC had better avoid putting on an event that night. I think it was really low of him to announce that the fight was a waste of time during the press conference as it was awesome, Mayweather has such fast hands, I could see him putting most mix martial artists to shame.

That sounds like a great night!

As for Haye vs Valuev, that goes 3 ways.

1) Valuev knocks out Haye in the first.
    2) Haye runs to victory by sticking and moving quickly.
    3) Valuev makes Haye eat the jab for 12 rounds.

Regardless, it won't be exciting and i won't be watching.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Yep, it was a great night except I was flagging badly by Mayweather vs Marquez. I kept drifting off to sleep and waking up at the end of a round! I mostly stayed up to watch Daley beat Kampmann as I had money riding on that. As I'd suspected the bookies had seriously undervalued Daley's ability to hit really, really hard. He's not only got hitting power but he has great hand speed and combinations too. So I gambled on the fact that Kampmann would try and out strike him and by the time he took a real hit it would be too late, which is exactly how it panned out. Daley will probably get outwrestled by the higher ranking UFC welter weights but will be banging out the lower ranked guys. I could so see him knocking out Swick but once he's on his back he's usually in the pooh.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:13 am