THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
hendos_right_hook
Once Mohawked Pete
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
Moose Stuff For Money...
Albion_Oakley
10 posters

Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility

Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility Empty Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:19 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18117/former-ufc-champ-tim-sylvia-juggling-three-possible-fights-though-none-yet-signed.mma

Tim SYlvia's manager claims he has 3 possibilities for his next fight: Wes Sims, an as yet unnamed opponent in DREAM, or 5-times worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski!

How do people think this would go? I for one would love to see Pudzianowski do well, but this is a leap up in competition for him. Hopefully he can "do a mercer" Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility Empty Re: Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Wow! What a freakshow!! affraid

I can see Pudzianowski battering Timmeh.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility Empty Re: Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Yeah it is a freakshow fight, but thats why it got me so excited! I love a good freakshow Cool
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Tim Just turned down the Barnett fight.

Also Antonio "BigFoot" Silva was offered the Barnett fight at Dream 13 as well but turned it down because he said he will fight either Arlovski or Rogers in SF in April!!! Great news! Either of those are Great fights!! Very Happy cheers Good matchmaking Strikeforce.

Barnett is now looking for a new opponent at Dream 13, so looks like he is going to fight in Dream after all!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:40 pm

YEESSS!!!

my longing to see such a great telent like barnett fight hsa overcome my anger and dissapointment about affliction 3.

shame Timmeh and Bigfoot turned down the fight, they would have been great!

i hope Mariusz/Timmeh goes ahead, that could be a war and although i like Tim, i would love to see Mariusz's berserker attack once more.

seriously though Mariusz is 1-0, how do people see that fight going.

i DO NOT want to see Tim vs Simms.

Barnett vs Neil Grove anyone? cyclops
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Would love to see Timmeh getting KTFO by Mariuz, I know that it is a huge step-up on paper, but with Timmeh's recent 'performances', could only see one result.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm

No reason why Mariusz can't win this, I reckon he will kick Timmehs legs off Very Happy

TIMBERRRRR!
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 pm

This would be good.
    Mariusz by undisciplined but effective tree trunk strikes to the legs in the 1st!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm

As much shit as this will get me I fully epexct Tim to Fuck Mariusz up. Maruisz fights like a fruit. Just because he is big doesnt mean he will win every fight. Once someone realised that being big doesnt mean you have a good chin and plants him in the mouth we will see how good he is. His technique is piss poor, like seriously the bottom 1% tallent wise in MMA. His Size will see him through lesser opponents but from Tim and up and I think he is going to get hurt. The guy cant fight! I may regret my words but I think having such shit boxing will get him KO'd.

Im gutted no one will fight Barnett. Grove vs Barnett is a good call, Both have been rumoured to be on the card. Hopefully they can find a slightly more legit opponent.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:42 pm

i suspect Grove may be fighting Overeeem.

Tim is more skilled, but do you think he will be able to handle it if Mariusz goes ape shit on him?

technique is shit as you quite rightly said, but he has SOOOO much power! probably in terms of physicality,the most powerful man in the world ? Laughing
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  poz Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:As much shit as this will get me I fully epexct Tim to Fuck Mariusz up. Maruisz fights like a fruit. Just because he is big doesnt mean he will win every fight. Once someone realised that being big doesnt mean you have a good chin and plants him in the mouth we will see how good he is. His technique is piss poor, like seriously the bottom 1% tallent wise in MMA. His Size will see him through lesser opponents but from Tim and up and I think he is going to get hurt. The guy cant fight! I may regret my words but I think having such shit boxing will get him KO'd.

Im gutted no one will fight Barnett. Grove vs Barnett is a good call, Both have been rumoured to be on the card. Hopefully they can find a slightly more legit opponent.
    Ben, you guys are seriously bringing me up to speed with MMA, but surely you cant see Tim winning this?
    Yes Mariusz is shit (but funny to watch), and when he was rumoured to fight Aleks I was worried for him!
    Surely he is as legit (at his time in his career) as Brock was?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Timmeh thinks Pudz is scared of him Laughing

BOSTON – Tim Sylvia is trying to see to it that 2010 turns out better than 2009 did. It hasn’t been easy.

The former UFC champion, struggling to rehab his name after coming out-of-shape and ill-focused into his nine-second knockout loss to 48-year-old boxer Ray Mercer last June, said he’s had three scheduled fights fall through in the past four months. Proposed dates for the Dream promotion on New Year’s Eve and in April were nixed, as was a fight against Wes Sims in March in Ohio.

On Monday, wearing a Boston Red Sox cap and a laid-back expression, Sylvia stood on a stage in the basement of a bar next to Fenway Park posing for a collection of Polish-speaking media. Next to him, wearing a tight black shirt, black pants and a tan, was Mariusz Pudzianowski, the five-time World’s Strongest Man whose crude but entertaining MMA debut in December drew exceptionally high television ratings in Poland.

“He’s a big boy, but I can tell he’s scared,” said Sylvia, 34, who hadn’t heard of Pudzianowski until he was offered the fight. “He wouldn’t stare at me straight on, eye to eye. He kept turning away. So he’s definitely worried already.”

The 320-pound Pudzianowski seemed to have sized Sylvia up for the first time as well.

“Tim is a big man, so there will be a lot of targets to bash up,” he said in remarks in Polish that were translated for the roughly 20 people attending the press conference.

The heavyweight face-off marked the launch of the promotional push for “Moosin: God of Martial Arts,” a May 21 card scheduled for the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass., which is 40 miles west of Boston. Ohio-based promoter Corey Fischer, also a former Toughman promoter, said the event will be available on pay-per-view on all cable and satellite systems and will be distributed by Integrated Sports Media of New Jersey, which mostly promotes boxing pay-per-views.

The event, which is being promoted as the first major sanctioned MMA card in Massachusetts, has not yet been approved by the state athletic commission, which formed March 1. Fischer said “all the paperwork’s going through right now” and “will be done by this week.” Sylvia said Monday he didn’t believe he was yet licensed to fight in Massachusetts, while Pudzianowski has a fight for the Polish KSW promotion on May 7. Asked about the risk fighting two weeks before the Sylvia match, Pudzianowski said: “I’m crazy. I like challenges.”

The event was originally scheduled for April 23 but was postponed. An agreement is in place with the 15,000-seat DCU Center, which is promoting the card on its Web site and had a representative speak enthusiastically at the press conference.

According to press materials, the promotion is financed by “Mr. Oh,” an affluent Korean businessman who owns a large Tae Kwon Do promotional company in South Korea. Moosin has promoted MMA shows in South Korea and the United States. Fischer said he met Pudzianowski’s representation through his connection with Moosin, which plans an expansion into Poland.

Fisher said he met Oh after accompanying former Toughman star Eric “Butterbean” Esch to a Moosin fight in South Korea. Esch later headlined a Moosin card in Alabama, and is set to face former Boson Bruins hockey enforcer Lyndon Byers on May 21. Fischer said the super-heavyweight bout won’t be on the pay-per-view and is only to raise money for charity. In remarks at the press conference, Byers said the money would go to the family of a slain Boston police officer.

“It’s just to raise money, they’re not going to go to kill each other,” Fischer said. “That’s not the intentional at all.”

The pay-per-view will also feature a handful of UFC and PRIDE veterans. Travis Wiuff will face Mu Bae Choi, Travis Lutter will face east coast Gracie Fusion fighter Rafael Natal and Yves Edwards will face WEC veteran Mike Campbell.

The promotion also said it is close to finalizing a deal to match top female fighters Tara LaRosa and Roxanne Modafferi, likely at a 130-pound catch-weight. Moosin is awaiting clearance from Strikeforce to use Modaferri.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:08 pm

I can see this fight ending very badly for Sylvia.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Im not sold on Mariusz in the slightest, he reminds me of Bob Sapp, that guy was a force when he 1st came into combat sports. I dare say Nearly as strong as Mariusz, over 300lbs and piss poor technique... I could see Mariusz being a white Sapp, Sylvia may have got done in by Mercer but I think Mariusz is taking a really dangerous fight here. Its not like he has the same skills with his hands to put Tim to sleep on the feet and his chin is untested, far too many unanswered questions around Mariusz.

Also will he ever make 265lbs if he is 20-30lbs heavier than Lesnar? Id love him to do well but being his size his future isnt too bright. MMA's Superheavyweigth devision is hardly star studded.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Timmeh has to be favourite,he has the experiance,he has the reach and he should have a better all around game and to be fair,Pudz in his first fight looked awful,but it was funny as fuck watching him go into beserker mode and kick the guy around the ring.Laughing

It just comes down to how shot is Timmeh,is he mentally ready to take on a guy with that much power,who is going to come after him like a mad man,and does Pudz have the skills to avoid and handle Timmeh's strikes and can he get Timmeh down and keep him there to pound him out because I don't for a second think he could out box Timmeh,I don't think Pudz physique will allow him to throw good punches.

I hope this fight definitely happens and I hope Pudz has something to offer MMA and he doesn't turn out to be another freakshow fighter like Sapp,like ben I'm not sold on Pudz but I am excited to see him against a descent standard of fighter that could give us a better idea of how good he can be,but Pudz is fighting 2 weeks before this fight and with this fight not yet been sanctioned and with Timmehs run of cancellations lately this still might not happen yet.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Pudz seems to be getting into every sport going at the moment, I saw pictures of him playing rugby the other day. Imagine him playing inside centre running full pelt at you, I think i'd cry like a baby!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Sylvia vs Pudzianowski a Possibility 10504

There you go.... SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT SMASH!!!

Anyone on here ever heard of a fighter called Barrington Patterson?? may have seen him on Danny Dyers britains hardest men?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 pm

The World Strongest Man competition multi-time winner Mariusz Pudzianowski discussed his fight against the two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia on April 27th. Pudzianowski stated that despite being the underdog for that fight, he believes that "Big Tim" will fail to cope with his strength and determination

"Tim Sylvia is already past his prime, so the only thing he thinks about is the paycheck after the fight. When I’ll take him down and start landing my bombs, he will lose every desire to get up. His handshake at the press conference made me realize that he has a very soft body. I like big and soft people, they are fun to hit. I have to be careful from his striking in the early minutes of the fight, but I am still very confident that it will be a great victory."

"I love the idea of starting my United States experience from Tim Sylvia. He is a serious opponent and I prepare to prove everyone that I am the real deal in Mixed Martial Arts. In two years from now, I would love to fight Fedor Emelianenko. He will rip my head off if we fight today, but in two years it could be a different story. It will be very interesting to see the bookmaker's odds for that fight."
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:37 pm

I must have missed something along the way,I thought Pudz was fighting Timmeh,who the fuck is this "one of the most feared strikers in MMA" guy they were talking about Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:08 am