THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
mikeyboybisping
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
10 posters

Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin?

Poll

Who'd win?

[ 0 ]
    Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_lcap0%Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_lcap20%Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_lcap20%Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_lcap60%Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_lcap0%Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 10
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? Empty Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 pm

After a successful U.S. debut earlier in the year, the Moosin promotion is scheduling an Oct. 9 follow-up, which will take place in Chicago, MMA Fighting has learned.

Moosin executive Corey Fischer has confirmed the organization's intention for a second show, and said the current plans include bringing back previous headliners Tim Sylvia and Mariusz Pudzianowski, in separate fights.

If Moosin gets their way, they'll come to the Second City with Sylvia fighting 7-foot-2 Korean Hong Man Choi, and five-time "World's Strongest Man" Pudzianowski taking on popular former EliteXC and UFC star Kimbo Slice in feature bouts.

"I would say the Kimbo-Pudzian fight is the furthest from being finished, but we're trying to work on it and make it happen," Fischer said.

The 36-year-old Slice (4-2) was cut from the UFC after losing via second-round TKO to Matt Mitrione at UFC 113. He has not fought since.

Slice's representative "Icey" Mike Imber did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Speaking with MMA Fighting from Korea, where he is scheduled to meet with Choi and his representatives tomorrow, Fischer said that he believes the Sylvia-Choi fight is a strong probability. The fight nearly happened at last year's Dynamite 2009 show in Japan, but fell through.

"I think after we meet, we can get that done," he said. "It will be a fun fight."

Choi, a kickboxer by trade, is 2-3 in his pro MMA career, but all of his losses are to experienced MMA stars: Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko Cro Cop and Ikuhisa Minowa. His last win was a first-round victory over former baseball slugger Jose Canseco in the 2009 DREAM Super-Hulk tournament.

In addition to the aforementioned fighters, Fischer expects to bring back Mike Campbell, who defeated longtime MMA veteran Yves Edwards in a close decision in the first Moosin event, and says the card could include up to 11 foreign fighters.

"Chicago is a place with the biggest Polish market in America," he said. "We'll have Pudzianowski, but we're also going to have fighters from all over the world. Moosin is not just about American fights. We want to bring in star-studded fighters from all over."

The company's first U.S. show, Moosin: God of Martial Arts, drew around 6,500 fans to the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass. on May 21. In the main event, Sylvia defeated Pudzianowski via tapout due to strikes in the second round.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/13/moosin-to-return-in-october-kimbo-vs-pudzianowski-possible-mai/
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? Empty Re: Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin?

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm

good to see Pudz isn't going to give up so easily!!

he should smash Kimbo.

Sylvia would get wrecked by the Choi who fought Fedor, or who beat Schilt in K1, but he is a shadow of that guy since he had his tumour (his HGH producing tumour Wink ) removed.
    I would take Timmeh.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Kimnbo will tap him like he did to Mercer.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 pm

he could not fit his arms around Pudz neck.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:35 am

Choi is a big test for Sylvia he is the same type of fighter on the feet but being so much bigger you can imagine the Knees are going to be something Sylvia isnt used to. Fedor's fight with Choi didnt allow knees to the head, I think unless Sylvia uses some groundgame he will loose.

Mariusz is shite, pure shite. But being the worlds strongest man is always going to help. Kimbo is small enough he could just bulldoze him over and club him out.

2 good freakshow fights actually. Id have to go with the bigger Freak in either fight. How is this not a tournament to decide the next contender for the SUPER HLUK belt though? Minowa will be keeping a close eye on these guys!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 am

Choi will beat Timmeh if Timmeh decides to kickbox with him. Choi has a K1 win over Semmy Schilt and is not to be slept on. If Timmeh is smart he'll take him down and go for the armbar.

Kimbo to beat Pudz.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:57 am

Choi via Knees to the head
    Pudz via bullrush and donkeykong smash
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:14 am

Sylvia should have enough to beat Choi, aside from the fact he was never a very good MMA fighter to begin with, he is shot.

Choi isn't a very good K1 fighter. Did anyone see his fight with Schilt? Schilt clearly won the fight but since it was in Korea, they gave it to Choi. He was ok in k1, the only reason he was remotley successful was because of his size, and most of the better fighters beat him.

Sylvia should be able to take him down and submit him or Gnp him out.

Don't know about Pudz vs Kimbo, I hope it ends early though because if it goes on to long both will gas and the fight will be shit.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:47 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Choi isn't a very good K1 fighter. Did anyone see his fight with Schilt? Schilt clearly won the fight but since it was in Korea, they gave it to Choi. .

Not true at all. One of the worst fights i've ever seen, close fight, but Choi won it. No question.

George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Man I love Butterbean and these potentially awesome freak fights I'm buying this fucker watching Purple Pudz and Krippled Kimbo stumbling around dying on their feet at about the 52 seconds mark is money, Baby !
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Purple Pudz Laughing

It was crazy when his whole body changed colour.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Pudz TKO, and Id expect to see him making good use of leg kicks
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:29 pm

It was arguably the worst performance of Schilt's career but he still won IMO. He landed a lot more effective kicks through out the fight and was more active.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Butterbean: “Pudzianowski Punches Like A Girl”

Eric “Butterbean” Esch has put himself at odds with Moosin officials when he criticized 5-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz “Dominator” Pudzianowski.

Moosin officials believe in Pudzianowski and want him featured on their proposed October 9 show in Chicago. Butterbean, who works for Moosin, doesn’t see it that way. He thinks Mariusz did not earn a second shot.

I know he allegedly broke his foot in the fight against Sylvia, but he didn’t show anything before he quit. Pudzianowski has no stand-up and as strong as he is, he punches like a girl. All he does is throw arm punches. He needs a lot of help. He’s the 5-time World’s Strongest Man but hits like a 130-pounder, not a strong man who weighs 270 pounds. He doesn’t have the skill level to get to the level he wants to fight.

Once he gets a stand-up game – you can’t have a ground game working without one – he could be a force in MMA. He still needs some work on his ground game, too. We all know he’s very strong but that’s not enough at the highest level of MMA. I don’t know who has been coaching him but that trainer should be fired. Pudzianowski needs to prove himself, showing he has a good stand-up game by beating a good MMA fighter, before he gets another big fight like a spot on the October 9th show.

Strong words from Butterbean, who took similar criticism when he became an MMA fighter. Actually, people used to say that Butterbean didn’t even deserve to be in the boxing ring, so clearly he has knows from whence he speaks.
    For his part, Mariusz seems to be taking MMA seriously. He is reported to be training hard in his native Poland and is due to arrive in Massachusetts by the end of July to begin training with former boxer “Irish” Micky Ward. He will also be working on his ground game with two former All-America wrestlers

I think butterbean is great and is dead right about Pudz's punching,but one things for sure Pudz's beserker kicks are far better than Beans kicks Very Happy

Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? 20802119d32f8d800361e7c499438c48de8da67
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Kimbo by flying inverted 360 gogoplata. Well, either that or a boring fight from two overly muscled shoddy fighters resulting in a UD. I'll go for the latter pirat
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:57 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:It was arguably the worst performance of Schilt's career but he still won IMO. He landed a lot more effective kicks through out the fight and was more active.

Choi won every exchange when they threw hands. Choi won the fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Choi landed the better shots standing but Schilts kicks were powerful and damaging. any place besides Korea he would have won. And this is the worst Schilt that has ever fought in a K1 fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:15 pm

It's not so much that he was bad (he was awful) but it's also the only time Semmy has fought someone bigger than him with longer reach. He didn't know what to do.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Ye he wasn't his usual self, Schilt isn't one of those fighters who can adapt to new situations quickly. I've seen Schilt figth shit before but nothing like that, he looked lost.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 pm

he must not have adjusted his training to suit the extraordinary opponent. Rolling Eyes

Kimbo v Pudzianowski for Moosin? Im00034138
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 pm

the black guy looks like an old, chubby Rashad Evans!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Laughing holy shit, I've never seen that pic before. It actually looked like it really helped him avoid Choi's striking.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:31 am

actually its not totally relevant since that was the training for his fight with giant silva, not choi.

shame on you anfield! you should recognise Sentoryu Henry Miller! Laughing

and i think the guy holding the kendo sticks got his head stomped by shogun at some point during pride Razz
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 am

Is that Henry Miller!? The years have not been kind! Last time i saw him was in like 06!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote: Laughing holy shit, I've never seen that pic before. It actually looked like it really helped him avoid Choi's striking.

He did Sumo to train for Choi, theres Videos of it up somewhere.

To fight Soko he pretty much just Lifted weights and did Kung-Fu...

Minowa's crazy training is one of the coolest things about him!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am