THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Albion_Oakley
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
pinsman
redmeanie77
Moose Stuff For Money...
10 posters

Mir wants Lesnar dead

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mir wants Lesnar dead - Page 3 Empty Re: Mir wants Lesnar dead

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:30 am

i think he said it was a matter of timing, he was NCAA champ in 2000 i think which means 4 years away from being in the olympics.

by the 04 olympics his WWE career was over and he had made millions.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:38 am

He'd made a fraction what he would have as an Olympic gold medalist. Angle was earning 5 times what Lesnar was at the peak of Lesnar's WWE career. And Olympic athletes are very well looked after, Lesnar could have stayed in school another 2 years, wrestled only with the Olympic team, got a real degree and then had two years full training for the Olympics. He could have spent 2004-07 in the WWE if he'd wanted. Earned far far more than he did during his actual run there. Taken a year off, entered MMA in 2008 and been able to command far more than he gets now, even as the highest paid fighter in the sport.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 am

" With a gold medal Lesnar would have been much better off."

Easier said than done my friend.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

So much for not talking about Brock anymore, that lasted probably about 12 hours......

Mir:
    “When I got called in and they told me, ‘Listen man, this is an issue,’ I kind of had a smirk on my face the whole time. I was like, you're kidding, right? This is a joke, right? I've heard people say that this is to the death. I've heard people say about an opponent, ‘I'm going to kill him.’ I heard Brock say he was going to put his hand up my rear end to pull out a horseshoe. I didn't hear anyone get too upset about that.”

“No one's been able to explain it to me yet. I thought we understood that what we say on camera is part of the entertainment aspect of our sport and we kind of get a little artistic license. It's not like I said this to my neighbor, that if his dog shows up in my yard one more time I'm going to kill him. That would be bad. That's a problem. I didn't understand it, but hey, it came my way, I said it, and I can't cry about it now. I've just got to deal with it, I guess.”
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:44 am

redmeanie77 wrote:" With a gold medal Lesnar would have been much better off."

Easier said than done my friend.

Agreed. But, With 4 full years to prepare he could have done it.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Did Mir just cleverly fire a warning shot to his neighbour?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm hearing reports that a panicked man just had his dog put down in the Vegas area.

Man was heard to say - It's your life or mine pooch.

Sadly the dog was not available for comment!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Chael Sonnen with some words on Mir's comments at the start of MMA Live.

http://espn.go.com/video/category?id=2881270
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:I'm hearing reports that a panicked man just had his dog put down in the Vegas area.

Man was heard to say - It's your life or mine pooch.

Sadly the dog was not available for comment!

Quality lol!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:26 pm

First you say Carwin has equal or better wrestling than Lesnar but that Lesnar could have made the olmpic wrestling team. scratch

Carwin's wrestling isn't olympic level by any means, its pretty hard to become a wrestling olmpian. Sonnen is a better wrestler than Carwin but he didn't get in. Didn't Kurt Angle wrestle and own Lesnar?

Besides I don't think, looking at him now, Lesnar will be regretting anything right now. With the money he is making and position with the UFC, I think he is happy where he is. Remember its not all about the money because Lesnar always had a dream of competiting in the NFL so that might have persuaded him otherwise.

If one person regrets not competing in the olympics, its has to be be Kevin Randleman.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Have people seen the car that Lesnar drives???? Laughing

He's not your typical millionaire. I dont think he even knows what to do with the money he made.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:First you say Carwin has equal or better wrestling than Lesnar but that Lesnar could have made the olmpic wrestling team. scratch

Carwin's wrestling isn't olympic level by any means, its pretty hard to become a wrestling olmpian. Sonnen is a better wrestler than Carwin but he didn't get in. Didn't Kurt Angle wrestle and own Lesnar?

Besides I don't think, looking at him now, Lesnar will be regretting anything right now. With the money he is making and position with the UFC, I think he is happy where he is. Remember its not all about the money because Lesnar always had a dream of competiting in the NFL so that might have persuaded him otherwise.

If one person regrets not competing in the olympics, its has to be be Kevin Randleman.

Carwin's wrestling certainly was of Olympic standard. He missed the trials for 2000 due to injury.

Sonnen is a Greco wrestler, Carwin was free style. Chael also wrestled a number of weight classes below Carwin. Completely different things and impossible to compare.

Accoring to Kurt he schooled Lesnar. According to the other 20 people in
    the building at the time, not so much.

Lesnar's "dream" of competing in the NFL was nothing more than a publicity stunt and a personal challenge. If Lesnar really wanted to play football do you not think he would have played in college? Lesnar didn't even play football in his senior year in highschool! Surely if football was his dream he would have actually played the sport.

Randleman will go down in history as one of lifes and sports great fuck-ups.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:56 am

Didn't know Carwin missed the trials because of injury.

There is no way to actually prove it, but ive heard a few people say Kurt owned Lesnar. Im not sure what actually happened.

I thought Lesnar played in college, but wanted to focus on wrestling or something. Why did he go then, the money wasn't better for him there was it?

Randleman...ye, incredible waste of talent.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:59 am

Lesnar did it to prove a point to himself and people who said he wasn't a real athlete. He sucked at football though.

The only person that was there that has claimed Kurt schooled him was Kurt.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:35 am

Lesnar responds.......

“I feel really good. I'm back to training, I started main camp last week and I feel great. Everything is on track. Starting to build the base up again and get ready to fight hopefully mid-summer. We're thinking about July 3rd Las Vegas right now. Fighting the winner, hopefully the winner, of Frank Mir and Shane Carwin. If one of those guys are unable to fight after that fight. I'll probably fight Cain Velasquez from my understanding. I'd really like to fight Frank Mir again.”

“You know I don't know what he [Frank Mir] thought... he's still trying to pull his foot out of his mouth and when you say something like that and your wife has to go out and apologize for you, you know you pissed somebody off. I think his wife made the apology before he did probably.”

“But you know in this sport of fighting. Fighting has come so far in such a short amount of time. We want to perceive ourselves as athletes and get the respect of the general public. Yeah it was out of line but in the fighters mentally I don't want to go in the Octagon and kill somebody but I do want to do whatever I can to win. And maybe that's what he was saying, I don’t know.”

“But the guy should probably just focus on the task in front of him which is Shane Carwin because if Shane Carwin beats his ass he won't be fighting me.... Hopefully he gets passed Shane Carwin so I can put another beat down on him. For a guy to take an ass whopping like the last I gave him and for him to get up and keep running his mouth. You know I just got to laugh at it.”

“I got to go back to a quote that he said before my second fight. He said if Brock Lesnar beats me, he will become the greatest mixed marital artist ever. And I guess he's eating his words and he doesn't want to say that again, he doesn't want to admit that I am that much better than him. But I am truly hoping that Frank wins this fight so it sets us up for July and maybe the next beat down will ... (laughs) I don't know what I have to do to shut him up.”

I thought he would be much more pissed but he was suprisingly calm.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:41 am

I think after the bollocking Dana gave him after UFC 100, he has calmed down a bit.

Either way if these two do fight, I will respect them both a lot more of they shake hands at the end of the fight and leave it there.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 pm

I wonder if Brock will be at UFC 111, to watch the fight. We could definatly do with him getting inside the cage to confront Mir after his victory. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:48 am