THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Albion_Oakley
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
pinsman
redmeanie77
Moose Stuff For Money...
10 posters

Mir wants Lesnar dead

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mir wants Lesnar dead Empty Mir wants Lesnar dead

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:42 pm

A bit extreme... Mad

"A lot of individuals are so worried about being politically correct. I'd rather go ahead and say what's on my mind than to sit there and come up with some PC 'Oh, the guy is a great fighter and I have a lot of respect for him.' If I don't mean it, why is it even coming out of my mouth? ... I want to fight Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person. I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries. That's what's going through my mind."

"He doesn't like me and I can guarantee, you talk to anybody in my family, it's a legitimate hate," Mir said of Lesnar. "His very being bugs me just because I've seen a lot of children out there who look to athletes and martial artists as role models, and it just makes me cringe. I sit there and go, 'Man, I lost to this guy the second time around and now people think that's the way to be -- be big, obnoxious and angry.' That's not right. We have anger toward each other. Everything I stand for he despises and dislikes, and I can tell you I truly do not like him as a person whatsoever."

"Forty pounds among skilled athletes matters," Mir said. "A big guy as skilled as Lesnar, especially with his wrestling, is a whole different scenario. I don't know if I'll ever be as strong as Brock Lesnar -- he seems to have pretty good genetics in that category -- but I think I can close the gap."
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mir wants Lesnar dead Empty Re: Mir wants Lesnar dead

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Mir wants Lesnar dead Duplicate
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm

To be hounist i'm a little bit of a Mir fan, I think he wants to put Lesnar down and make MMA's biggest douche bag shut the fuck up. In my opinion thats fine because Lesnar is a Jock that is slowing making the UFC heavy weight division into some WWE spin off flipping crowds off and grabbing the mic to taunt everyone... pure DICK!!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Yeah because Mir is being the perfect role model for kids isn't he.

"I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries."

I've never heard statements like that from any of the biggest twats in MMA,What a fucking clown Mir is turning out to be.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 am

could it be possible.....

Dana White says 2 sensible things in a row?

Dana:

“Frank Mir is a fu**ing idiot! I have never heard something so unprofessional and idiotic in my life. “

Frank's wife Jennifer:

“Frank will be making a statement this afternoon from the UFC headquarters. Frank is disturbed by the reaction to his comments regarding Brock Lesnar. Frank is a warrior and an ambassador for this sport. After his statement, he will not be speaking about Brock again, and will choose to instead focus on his next opponent, Shane Carwin.”

http://www.sports1140.com/Carmichael-Dave/5294967
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 am

Frank Mir today issued an apology following an interview in which he said he wanted rival and UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to be "the first person that dies due to octagon-related injuries."

The comments, which were made over the weekend to WXDX-FM, caused quick condemnation from an industry still trying to win mainstream acceptance.

In today's UFC.com release, UFC president Dana White stated he is "disappointed" by Mir's comments and that "he won't be saying anything like that again."

Mir, a longtime UFC fighter and former champ, was Lesnar's first opponent after the former WWE star signed with the UFC. Lesnar battered his opponent at the February 2008 fight before Mir secured a submission for the come-from-behind win. The trash-talk was plentiful prior to their July 2009 rematch, and it continued even after Lesnar scored a lopsided TKO win.

Although Mir has never bitten his tongue when it comes to Lesnar, many understandably thought he crossed a line when wishing death upon the current title-holder.

"I would like to apologize to Brock Lesnar, his family, the UFC and UFC fans for the stupid remarks," Mir stated. "I respect Brock, all the other fighters, and the sport of mixed martial arts. I'm sorry that I stepped out of line."

White assured it won't happen again.

"Frank's been with the UFC a long time, he's a two-time heavyweight champion and a commentator for the WEC," White stated. "I think his emotions are running high right now, he has a big fight coming up next month, and he's still upset about his loss to Lesnar. He's been talked to, he regrets what he said, and he won't be saying anything like that again."
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 am

After his statement, he will not be speaking about Brock again, and will choose to instead focus on his next opponent, Shane Carwin.”
    [/quote]

Since Carwin has the potential to cave his head in, I think this would be a good plan.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 am

I like Mir and I like Lesnar but this sort of bullshit is terrible for the sport, never seen two guys so sensitive to be honest. No need to talk about death in the octagon.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 am

Careless from Mir, especially when it was only a few months ago that he was saying that he can't stand Brock but that that didn't change the fact that he's a father and therefore he wished him no ill and a speedy recovery from the diverticulosis.... so he could kick his ass.

This reminds of the mythological beast stuff he came out with before the Nog fight, he's just prone to making stupid fantastical comments.

I totally agree with his comments about Brock being a lousy role model though and I still 100% want Mir to smash him (as unlikely as that is to happen.....)
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:29 pm

If I was Shane Carwin I would feel disrespected by all of this. Mir is looking past him!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 pm

I would like to point on thing out, this isn't the first time this has been said.

"To the death, I'm gonna go to the death, I'm not gonna stop. Serious, Georges, I'm gonna go in there, and I'm gonna try to kill you… And I'm not joking about this

No one really critisized BJ then, people talk shit all the time.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeah good call Chelsea, but nobody takes BJ seriously Razz

I wonder if Mir starts taking another serious beating will we see Frank's bro throwing in the towel and then his mum showing up in court to say the her baby couldn't hold onto Brock because the willy on his chest was distracting him?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 pm

hahaha tattoo of a penis or not I hope Lesnar caves Mir's head in. What is it with fighters getting more and more mouthy. With so maby MMA websites people listen to every bit of shit they choose to spout. And being controversial seems to get you noticed.

Mir is a prick, he is looking past Carwin. Mir stands a pretty good chance of getting KO'd, Mirs chin + Carwins insanley heavy hands mean this fight isnt a sure bet for him.

Last outing with Lesnar him and his mates were all making fun of Lesnar in the Gym, cutting WWE style promos about him only having a doubleleg. Lesnar came across as fairly likeable, he kept his mouth shut and only got in Mirs face after he give him a kicking in the ring.

I hope and Pray Mir slips down the rankings so we hear less of him. If Carwin beats him Cain will hammer him too, and id give JDS vs Gonzaga winner a good chance of putting a beating on him.

You look at Lesnar and Mir...

Lesnar said id love to fight Fedor it would be a great fight etc...

Mir says id beat Fedor I think he is scared of UFC heavys...

At the end of the days Mir is just the same cocky wanked Freeman and Vera put away, Maby when he hits puberty and his beard starts to fill out he will grow up a bit! Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Brock is generally a quiet contained guy i think.

i think if opponent give him respect, he will give them respect, for example Randy.

if they take the piss out of him, he will be disrespectful to them. e.g. herring, Mir.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I would like to point on thing out, this isn't the first time this has been said.

"To the death, I'm gonna go to the death, I'm not gonna stop. Serious, Georges, I'm gonna go in there, and I'm gonna try to kill you… And I'm not joking about this

No one really critisized BJ then, people talk shit all the time.

Does anyone remember BJ post fight comment......

"Sean Sherk, your dead"

Sherk then enters the Octagon, BJ shakes his hand and says "lets have a good fight okay?" Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:30 pm

I give Mir credit for coming out and apologising for what he said. Just as i gave Brock credit for apologising at press conference at 100. And just as i gave Doc Hamilton credit for coming out and saying he made a mistake in judging the Lyoto-Shogun fight at 104.

All 3 examples of people making a huge cock ups but deserve credit for admitting they were wrong.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Mir admitted he was wrong because Dana told him to.

Brock admitted he was wrong because Dana told him to.

Hamilton is a spineless cunt who admitted he was wrong to pacify Dana so that there would not be any complaints from the UFC the next time he was appointed to an event the way there is for Peoples and Mazzagatti at every single event.

And let's not forget, Machida won the first round and this goon scored it to Shogun so not only did Hamilton get the 4th round wrong, he got the first wrong too. And even if he had handed in a scorecard with 48-47 Shogun, MACHIDA STILL WOULD HAVE WON. So stop crying about it.

On BJ Penn, he just tries to hype fights and sell PPV's. And he succeeds. Mir is just a dickhead.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 pm

It doesnt seem as bad as when you read it word for word. I think he just got caught up in the moment and wanted to show people that he is not afraid to speak his mind

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 pm

What is that tosser doing even mentioning Mir in the same class as Fedor? And mentioning Fedor after Brock? What a muppet.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Mir admitted he was wrong because Dana told him to.

Brock admitted he was wrong because Dana told him to.

Hamilton is a spineless cunt who admitted he was wrong to pacify Dana so that there would not be any complaints from the UFC the next time he was appointed to an event the way there is for Peoples and Mazzagatti at every single event.

And let's not forget, Machida won the first round and this goon scored it to Shogun so not only did Hamilton get the 4th round wrong, he got the first wrong too. And even if he had handed in a scorecard with 48-47 Shogun, MACHIDA STILL WOULD HAVE WON. So stop crying about it.

On BJ Penn, he just tries to hype fights and sell PPV's. And he succeeds. Mir is just a dickhead.

Mir also trys to hype up fights and aims to get more talking about him. Look at Kongo fight no one cared about that, then when people see the countdown show and hear Mir trash talk his ground game and get Kongo so upset, more people want to watch the fight. There is a video of Mir saying why he says some of the controversial stuff about his opponents, he basically says he wants to get them off their game, and he is in a business where the more people talk about you the more distinguished you become. I will try to find the interview. But very much likes to hype himself and his fights up. Same goes for what Sonnen has been doing now.

Your correct, if Doc Hamilton had submitted his card for 48-47 to Shogun then Machida would still have walked out with the title. But thats not my point, he held his hands up and he said he got it wrong on the night and said Shogun won the fight. And i acknowledge and applaud him for that. A shame that the 2 others didnt do the same, but what can you do.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:25 am

He failed to admit that he scored the first round wrong though. Which he did. Machida clearly won the first round. So Hamilton's admission just makes him look like more of a muppet than he did when he scored two rounds wrong to begin with.

Mir is not fighting Lesnar. So he's not hyping anything. He's running his mouth and making himself look like a prick. I hope Carwin knocks the shit out of him. Incredible disrespect to be looking past a fighter like Carwin.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 am

This isnt the one im thinking off but close enough....

Skip to 5.30 mark (if you want) Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 am

If Mir was like that all the time he'd be a decent guy but the posturing for the media, the statements about Lesnar and the attempts to "hype" a fight that isn't happening and won't happen if he gets smashed by Carwin just make him come across as a prick.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 am

there's only one Chael Sonnen!

not everyone can get away with talking mad shit all the time.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 am

Anfield, i agree with you that the Brock comment was both innapropriate and crossed the line. He should be focusing on Carwin and only Carwin. I know he talked about Brock before 107 also, but Carwin is more of a threath than Kongo.

I hope he is not looking past him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:16 pm