THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights Empty Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:12 am

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/overeem-ekskluzivno-cro-cop-je-opet-fulao-s-trenerom-pozivam-ga-da-dodje-trenirati-sa-mnom/475830.aspx

Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights Overeem_borna_2422

This time it looked even bigger and nabildaniji, and we thought that it was impossible. However, horse meat, which claims that his secret, he apparently "do good". Joking aside, Overeem MMA is a great hot dog, and the 2010th could be his year. If the plans come true about struggle with the "invincible" Fedor Emelianenko, and the Dutchman grabs his scalp, they will become immortal.

> Shame: Goodridge is not "Big Daddy", is now just an old bag napucavanje!

> "Big Daddy" for the Index revealed that after the fighting ended Fedora and the Minotaur in Karlovac

Overeem is in an exclusive interview with the Index spoke about a very successful year behind him, he discovered his plans for 2010. and gave a few tips Mirko Filipovic. The great enemy is called in your own training camp where, according to him, finally returned to the form that it once seemed the strongest hitter on the planet.

Since the last interview of the Index's been half a year, a lot happened since then in your career. Let's start from the K-1 and the fight against Peter Aerts?

"Fans have elected me to compete in K-1 the last 16 against the legendary Peter Aerts. It was a great fight, I won it on points. But more important is that I proved I am stronger than him, technically better and that I this time, a higher class. "

Followed by two lightweight MMA fight ...

"Yes, in the meantime I have done several MMA fight, which ultimately proved to be quite easy. Thompson and Sylvester have conquered in less than a minute. It's not the most dangerous fighters on the planet, yet they can be overcome in such a short time. Nobody likes to lose, especially not in 30 seconds. "

Badr Hari defeated you interrupt the K-1 semi finals? You were satisfied that the fight ended?

"Yes, Badr Hari was great in that fight. Deserved odbrojavao judge me, but after that I have not received a single swipe, I was shaken and I do not know why he stopped fighting. Such things happen in K-1, so not surprised. If I win, the finals would be against me and Semmyja Schilt. We two are from the same team, so I do not regret the defeat. "

In the final fight hard to save injured legendary Fujita, etc. is passed as against Mirko Filipovic?

"The fight against Fujita was very good. I knocked him after one minute. It was a terrible knock-out that he was badly hurt. Fell into a coma after the fight, and six hours was amazed. Only it was in the hospital managed to put in order . See the fight footage that follows him in the locker room. I called later in Japan so I asked how Fujita and they told me that everything was all right, but that he remained in hospital for several days under observation. "

What's next plan?

"Now I train for several days, and here in Croatia, I came to relax a bit. The next fight in March in I Dream. The opponents are not."

Why not defend the title in Stikeforceu almost two years? The story is about the American fear of doping control.

"The truth is that I defended the title two years in Strikeforceu. Actually, I had something scheduled in 2009. But ispriječila injuries. The real truth is that at the start Strikeforcea no real opponent for me. Everything was in its infancy, and I had a fight with anyone. They were disobedient and I, meanwhile, appeared in Dreamu in K-1. When they reached the right opponents, I 2009th injured. I cut and made serious bacterial infection. "

Do you speak about the violation that occurred in barskoj brawl?

"It was a small injury in fact, no infected and hand me a couple of swollen right up to the elbow. Accident occurred in a nightclub where we are brother and I fight with sedmoricom guards. Seven compared to one it was. I would not have entered in detail, but everyone wants to help his family, and I in this case his brother. In the end it cost me a lot of money. I had to cancel a fight, and then me antibiotics which I was treated completely exhausted so I had to denounce and combat the August. "

Great you wish the fight against Fedora Emelianenka. Will we see this treat?

"This year I will certainly fight Fedor. There is no doubt in it, but if he says no. I am in it personally do not believe, only a little afraid of his manager. I'm sure he wants to fight, but I'm not sure how many people behind it they want it. "

Why do you think they could stop the fight?

"Because I know that I am the man who can win. Anyone can win and everyone has their weaknesses. Only to have the right tools to win. If you have no quality, no weapons, then none of this. Of course, they can lose to Fedora . He is very experienced, very smart. always very meticulously thinking about your opponents and how to defeat your opponents. But I think I will go out as a winner. "

How do you rate the rest of the competition in Strikeforceu?

"In addition to Fedora, this is Brett Rogers. Great guy around who is not too worried. Powerful, but too much story. And with him will fight soon. There is Fabricio Werdum, and definitely want to kill him. He is a great lajavac , but I think that he is first in line with Fedor and will fight the wait. In the end, there is Andrei Arlovski. Very good fighter against whom I will also surely fight. "

What is the K-1 fights? In the last interview you told me that it was past, and in the meantime you are still performed in the K-1 finals?

"I said that I will stop with K-1. All I'm better at stojci and have great fun in those battles. But this year I plan to put the focus on the Strikeforce, a priority for me is a fight against Fedor. The first part of that, then everything else .

Are you on the turn of the UFC and the clash with the strongest competition in the world?

"I would not say that the UFC is the strongest competitor. I think that Strikeforce become stronger and stronger, here I am, Rogers, Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski ... I'm not sure, but I would say that even when Strikeforce views teškaška Division may be better than UFC at this point. So I do not think about the turn of the UFC. "

Last time we talked a lot about Copu Cro ...

"Stupid me again talking about Cro Copu. I had an offer in return, but he refused. That's it. If people avoid me, this is the end able to fight. But I will always tell the truth."

Mirko meanwhile ubilježio crushing defeat of the Junior dos Santos. Have you watched the fight?

"I think Mirko has not trained for some time that fall. He made a mistake in training, may have a bad sparring partners. Maybe it was good to come train with us. We're doing well and working hard and I am calling this way. It would be me very pleased to come to our team and train with us. "

He claims that things started the better your compatriot Ivan Hyppolite. What do you think about it?

"I know John Hyppolita, he was the coach Remyja Bonjaskog. But I think it is quite wrong for Mirko. Why? Because Hyppolit was champion in kick boxing in the middleweight division, and that is very different from the MMA and Sore against the world teškaša. I think it's completely the wrong choice of trainers and training methods. this will only worsen his form. Mirko should start thinking what is best for him, what he needs. "

And what he needs?

"I train in the Netherlands, trained kick boxing for 15 years and this is the reason why they can compete at the highest level in the K-1. But also know that we need to kick boxing to be good at MMA-in. Mirko should tactical training forces him to be more work in orchestra and jiu jitsu, and to improve their ground £. I understand what he is trying, but it is wrong. stojko training is neglected all other aspects of this sport. "

But the favorite against Rothwella?

"Yes, but I expect to win Ben Rothwella. Otherwise, do not follow too many UFC fighters, but Rothwell is spectacular. The truth is that great, but Mirko should have no problems. Of course, all depend on the tactics that will be implemented. If the form, I think Cro Cop will emerge as the winner. No major problems. "

What is your brother Valentjinom, should be fighting in Karlovac?

"I'm not sure why Valentjin not here. I was really very jellied schedule in the last three months. Six fights there were, now I was on vacation and do not know what is exactly going on with him. We are in contact. He told me not to come but why, I'm not sure. "

Last summer you spent in Croatia. Return to?

"In Croatia, it was wonderful, so I have good time every year and I plan to come with you to the coast. It is safe. I was in Split and Hvar, and I'm delighted. I plan to frequently come to Croatia."

Finally, as the current position on the world scale MMA teškaša?

"I think that currently one of the top five teškaša world. There are more and Fedor, the big guy from UFC, Brock Lesnar. I do not know for others, but I would say that this includes Junior dos Santos. This guy really impressed me I think that is a great career ahead of him. "
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights Empty Re: Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:19 am

thanks for this Payne.

i did a quick search and found a better translation:

Q: It's been 6 months since you last "Index" interview and a lot has happened in your career since then. Let's start with K-1 and the Peter Aerts fight ?

A: Fans picked me to compete in K-1 last 16 against the legendary Peter Aerts. It was a great fight, i won on points. But, what's more important it that i showed im stronger, technically better, and at this moment at a higher level then him.

Q: You had 2 easy fights after...

A: Yea, in the meantime i did a couple of MMA fights, that turned out to be quite easy. I beat Thompson and Sylvester in less then a minute. They aren't the toughest fighters in the world, but it's not easy to beast anyone that fast. No one likes to lose, especially in 30sec.

Q: Badr Hari defeated you via stoppage in the K-1 semis. You weren't to happy about the way it finished ?

A: Yea, Badr Hari was excellent in that fight. The countdown was justified, but after that i didn't take a single strong shot, i wasn't rocked and i don't know why it was ended. Things like that happen in K-1 so im not surprised. If i'd won, it would've been me against Semmy Schilt. We are from the same team so im not sorry i lost.

Q: In your last fight you hurt the legendary Fujita pretty bad, similar to what Mirko did to him ?

A: Fujita fight was very good. I knocked him out after 1 minute. It was a huge knockout that hurt him bad. He fell into a coma after the fight and didn't come to for 6 hours. They managed to fix him up in the hospital. You can see on the tape i followed him to the lockeroom. I called Japan the next day to ask how he was, and they said he was ok, but was left in the hospital for observation.

Q: What's next ?

A: I've been training for a few days, and came here in Croatia to relax a bit. My next fight is in Dream in March. Don't want to discuss opponents yet.

Q: Why haven't you defended your Strikeforce title for almost 2 years ? There are rumours of a doping scare

A: It's true that i haven't defended it for 2 years. Actually, i had something scheduled for 2009. but then i got injured. The real truth is that there weren't any real opponents for me to fight at the beginning of Strikeforce. Everything was new and there was no one to fight. They didn't complain and i competed in Dream and K-1 in the meantime. Then when real fighters came, i got injured in 2009. I cut myself, and had a serious bacterial infection.

Q: That's the injury you got in a bar fight ?

A: It was a small cut actually, but it got infected and my arm got swollen to the elbow. It happened in a night club where my brother and me got into a fight with 7 security guards. 7 to 1 it was. I don't want to discuss details, but everyone wants to help their family, and in this case i helped my brother. It ended up costing me a lot of money. I had to cancel a fight, and the antibiotics exhausted me so i had to cancel an august fight as well.

Q: Fighting Fedor is your great desire. Will we ever see that ?

A: I will definitely fight Fedor this year. There's no doubt about it, unless he says no. I don't believe he will, but im a little worried about his managers. I'm sure he wants to fight, but im not sure people behind him do too.

Q: Why do you think they might prevent it ?

A: Because they know im the man that can beat him. Anyone is beatable and everyone has a weakness. You just need the tools to win. If you don't have the quality and the tools, you can't do it. Of course, i can lose to him. He is very experienced and very smart. He always puts a lot of thought in his opponents and how to beat them. Nevertheless, i think i will win.

Q: How do you rate the rest of the competition in Strikeforce ?

A: Besides Fedor, theres Brett Rogers. Big guy that doesn't worry me that much. Strong, but talks to much. I will fight him soon as well. Then theres Fabricio Werdum, and i definitely want to kill him. Hes a loudmouth, but i think hes first in line for Fedor, so that fight will wait a bit. Finally theres Andre Arlovski. A very good fighter i will also fight eventually.

Q: What about K-1 ? In the last interview you said that was in the past, but you went to the K-1 finals in the meantime ?

A: I didn't say i'd stop K-1. I'm getting better and having fun in those fights. But this year im focusing on Strikeforce, and my priority is the Fedor fight. First that, then everything else.

Q: Are you thinkging about going to the UFC and and joining the toughest competition ?

A: I wouldn't say UFC has the toughest competition. I think Strikeforce is getting stronger, theres me, Rogers, Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski... I'm not sure, i'd even say that the Strikeforce HW division is stronger then UFC's right now. So no, im not thinking of going there.

Q: We talked about Cro Cop a lot last time...

A: I don't want to talk about Cro Cop. He had an offer for a rematch and rejected it. That's it. If people avoid me, we can't fight. But, i will always tell the truth.

Q: Mirko suffered a heavy loss to Dos Santos in the meantime. Did you watch the fight ?

A: I think Mirko hasn't been training right for a while now. He made training mistakes, maybe he also has bad sparring partners. Maybe he should come train with us. We work good and hard, and im inviting him right now. I would like it if he joined our team and trained with us.

Q: He says he made a lot of progress with your countrymen Ivan Hyppolite. What do you think ?

A: I know Ivan, he trains Remy Bonjaski. But i think that's completely wrong for Mirko. Why ? Because Hyppolite was a kickbox middleweight champion, which is quite different from MMA and fighting heavyweights. I think that's a wrong coach choice and a bad training choice, this will only make it worse. He should start to think what's best for him, what he needs.

Q: What does he need ?

A: I train in the Netherlands, i've been training kickboxing for 15 years and that's the reason i can compete on the highest K-1 level. But, i know what i need besides kickbox to compete in the MMA. Mirko needs tactical strength trainings, more ground work, jj and he should improve his gnp. I understand what he's trying , but thats wrong.

Q: He's a favourite against Rothwell nevertheless ?

A: Yes, I expect him to beat Ben Rothwell. I don't usually follow UFC fighters, but Rothwell is nothing spectacular. He is big but Mirko shouldn't have any problems. Of course it all depends on the tactics he chooses. If hes in shape, i think Cro Cop will win. Without problems.

Q: What about your brother Velentijin, he was supposed to fight in Karlovac ?

A: I'm not sure why he isn't here. He had a very tough schedule in the last 3 months. He had 6 fights, then he took a vacation and im not sure whats going on now. I haven't heard from him. He said he is't coming but i don't know why.

Q: You spent the last summer in Croatia. Coming back ?

A: I love it here in Croatia, i had a lot of fun and i plan on coming to the coast every year. That's for sure. I was in Split and Hvar and i loved it. I plan on coming here a lot.

Q: Finally, where do you place yourself on the MMA hw ranking ?

A: I think im currently in the top 5. There's Fedor, and that big guy from the UFC, Brock Lesnar.Not sure about the rest, id say Dos Santos is up there. He really impressed me and i think theres a big carrier in front of him.

===========

interesting to hear his thoughts on Crocop and Strikeforce.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights Empty Re: Overeem's plans and what he thinks about Cro-cop and the top heavyweights

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 pm

I dont like Overeem, he is a real bullshitter. The reason he hasnt fought in SF is because of a lack of opposition. Fuck Sake Hershal walker is better than half his recent MMA opponents.

Tony Sylvester, Gary Goodridge, Mark Hunt, Lee Tae-Hyun, James Thompson, Ironhead....

Seriously if he was worried about competition he wouldnt have taken these fights!

Anyway I hope his next fight in Dream is someone half reputible... I very much doubt it though.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 pm

I dont think he'll ever fight Fedor I don't think he wants the fight! He does seem to talk alot of shit, he just doesn't want the drugs tests!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:56 am