The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Overeems managment willing to talk exclusive deal with UFC

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeems managment willing to talk exclusive deal with UFC

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 pm

“I understand this from a business point of few, but some companies can’t effort to pay 100K or more to an organization. And some fighters getting 5 or 10K in sponsorship is were they actually can make some good money. We just wanted the things as they were before, but it was far from what it was before. The payment was done how the UFC wanted and again we agreed and did the same as in Vancouver, so that matter was solved , so I do not understand why Dana claims we did not agree?”

“We did not have a choice and never said we would not fight in the future or that we would refuse to work like this in the future (we worked out that problem with the Zuffa lawyer in the Vancouver and even agreed with their new sponsor policies). Maybe there is a miscommunication and Danna was not well informed that the direct payment issue was solved and no longer an issue as I myself have been in and out hospital for two weeks because of heath issues ( the reason why this press release is so late).”

“Anyway we regret the response from Zuffa and the releases, but it is their company and they can do what they want, we would like to keep working in the future with the UFC and with this statement I clearly say that direct payment to any of our fighter was not a problem and will not be a problem in the future.”

“We just want to be able to produce great fighters and create great fights for the fans, we have no intention for Co-promotion deals and are even willing to make an exclusive deal for Alistair Overeem to fight in the UFC, if the terms are right.”

----------------------------------------

What do you all think? Dana has wanted Overeem in UFC for quite some time now and now that he is the number 3 ranked Hw in the world I can see him joining UFC's ranks as long as GG dont hold out for too much money.

I dont think not competing in K-1 will be a huge deal as he has won the GP and with Badr Hari back and the prospect of a fight with Schilt I dont see him being too fussed about going to another GP title because I honestly dont think he would win it.... K-1 isnt what it used to be either and I could see him cutting his losses and signing an exclusive contract with UFC as his MMA options are so limited outside ZUFFA.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Re: Overeems managment willing to talk exclusive deal with UFC

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 pm

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this was a ruse all along!. study

TBH I still think GG plans to put on more shows internationally Is the real problem here, I'm sure there will be some compromise some where down the line with Overeem I mean Overeem wants It and Zuffa certainly want It. But GG will still probably get the AKA, Affliction & ect treatment IMO.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

There was people who said that Overeem was UFC bound as soon as he was cut but theres clearly more to that as you said GG are getting a rough deal right not with all their fighters cut.

AA really is their cash cow, they will still get their fees regardless of what way he pay is worked out and a fighter like him is surely going to make at least $300,000 right? Overeem seems a very bull headed guy though, he was trying to show Zuffa he wouldnt be pushed around and if you want to make it big in UFC you have to accept your place.

My feeling is Overeem wont get offered nearly as much as he thinks, he is K-1, SF and DREAM champ so I reckon he diserves as much as the next big name ($500,000 or whatever they get) but I can see UFC offering him less due to his attitude in trying to strong arm them over Boxing threats.
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:27 pm

He might be asking for Anderson Silva money.

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Mryzyz wrote:He might be asking for Anderson Silva money.

Whats that mate? I think 500K is the most anyone gets in UFC as far as I know,

Hendo and Fedor got 800K and 1mill so maby he is totall pushing his and asking for that but I reckon he will have to settle for around $300 since he is un Zuffa's bad books...

What are SF paying him out of interest? anyone any Idea?
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:27 pm

its a reference to when Dana got pissed (pun intended) at Machida for asking for too much money to take the fight with Rashad.

kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:45 pm

With Zuffa agressively purchasing any potential competitors, it really adds to there bargaining position, top fighters probably make a lot of money in sponsorship and other endorsements, so they will want to be in the UFC, as it raises your profile massively, however on the other side, as there is very little competition, Zuffa could start to pay there ever increasing roster of fighters less money, as there are less options and competition for the fighters from other organisations.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 am