THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

ufc heavyweights

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

ufc heavyweights Empty ufc heavyweights

Post  the_king Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:22 pm

iv been thinking since mir v carwin and carwin v lesnar a whole load of what ifs.

ill start with lesnar what if he loses to cain his record will be 5-2 not that impressive for a former ufc champ, will he faid away or come back stronger i have doubts about his mentallity to a loss.

carwin - when he returns if he loses thats 2 straight a bit like brett rogers in strikeforce, will he have what it takes to re coupe and get back into the mix.

mir - if he manages to lose against cro cop he will be 1-3 in the last 4 fights will he then fade away i know there has been talk of him dropping to 205 but i dont think he could.

big nog - this guy is as tough as bjj's get but when his return does happen and he loses that would leave his record like mir's 1-3.

im not saying i want these guys to lose though.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

ufc heavyweights Empty Re: ufc heavyweights

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 pm

If Brock loses i think he'll call it a day, as will Carwin if he loses and probably Nog too.

Mir on the other hand will be around no matter what for another few years i think.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:44 pm

really you think brock will go after so much hype. i can understand nog going.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:47 pm

ging back on carwin his next opponent i think is roy nelson who will stand with him he should win that probably ko him.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Yea i just dont think Brock is in it for the long run tbh, he looks like he loves being on top and winning but i think if you take his belt away and all the hype i doubt he'd like it as much.

It will be a sad day for MMA when Nogueira retires. Him, CroCop and Fedor, as well as all the old PRIDE boys like Wanderlei, Gomi, Hendo etc. I will need to be comforted through it all when they all decide to hang up their gloves Sad
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:11 pm

axe i dont know if you have or do watch pro wrestling but the pride guys kind of have this cult status like ecw had. you say you will be sad when they go the guys in pride wrandi is 33, big nog 33, cro cop 35 all not that old even fedor is 33 i think. but do you not think going to war each fight in pride like they did might have shortened their careers.

big nog looks like he is 60 lol. do you also get the feeling dana is not pushing the pride guys so much and would love one of them to lose a few fights just to give them the boot.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:37 am

"but do you not think going to war each fight in pride like they did might have shortened their careers. "

That's exactly what i'm getting at Laughing

They're all still quite young in an MMA sense but just look at how bloody ugly the guys are. They've all been beaten up so much that they do look, as you say, twice their age. In the Nog- Couture fight Randy was thirteen years older than Minotauro, but it looked the complete opposite!!

"do you also get the feeling dana is not pushing the pride guys so much and would love one of them to lose a few fights just to give them the boot"

As for that, no, i don't get that feeling at all. Theres absolutely no way the PRIDE boys will get cut. Some of the piss poor PRIDE guys like Herring are lucky to still be around and probably are still around because of their past. Others like CroCop, Wand, Nog, Shogun, Rampage etc, i dont think will ever be in danger of getting a pink slip. They're simply too important to the company as they have massive fan bases.

Can you even begin to imagine Wandi fighting on crappy smaller promotions? Not gonna happen.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:06 am

If Brock gets beaten by Cain, he'll give it one more go at getting back to the title but if he loses again he'll quit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 am