THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+23
elmatadorafa
superlee
Heterocyclic
The_Axe_Emperor
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Paddyjock
Jud_Danger
Albion_Oakley
sunthunder
mikeyboybisping
George_Louis_Costanza@who
TomHughes1983
Ginginho
payneNglory1
Moose Stuff For Money...
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
hendos_right_hook
Shanemc
redmeanie77
pinsman
rudeboyben84
27 posters

MMA Calendar

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Calendar - Page 39 Empty Re: MMA Calendar

Post  the_king Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Eric ‘Butterbean’ Esch at ksw poland september 18th
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:58 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:Wherever you are ben, this needs updating Smile

anyway when you get around to it, add SRC 15, october 30th

main event:

FW title: Marlon Sandro vs, Hatsu Hioki affraid

# Welterweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Japan Keita Nakamura vs. Japan Takuya Wada[1]
    # Welterweight Grand Prix Semifinal bout: Switzerland Yasubey Enomoto vs. Japan Taisuke Okuno[1]
    # Asian Bantamweight Grand Prix bout: Japan Wataru Takahashi vs. TBA[1]
    # Asian Bantamweight Grand Prix bout: Japan Shoko Sato vs. TBA[1]
    # Asian Bantamweight Grand Prix bout: South Korea Jae Hyun So vs. TBA[1]
    # Asian Bantamweight Grand Prix bout: Japan Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. TBA[1

Cheers for that mate been busy will get it updated by tuesday anyway!

Fucking hell Sandro vs Hioki! Twisted Evil Ive never seen either guy even look like they are loosing a fight! Sandro has a lot more firepower IMO and I think when they meet toe to toe he is going to get the better of Kioki. Im expecing this to be a fight of the year contender who you backing?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:19 am

Hioki needs to get the fight down immediately or he's going to sleep. Sandro is no slouch on the ground either but Hioki is a good grappler and could beat him there. He has no chance standing. I think this is Sandro's fight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:39 pm

http://dreamofficial.com/

Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Chase Beebe
    Michihiro Omigawa vs. Cole Escovedo
    Mistuhiro Ishida vs. Akio Wicky Nishiura

added to the card, they were supposed to announce a 4th fight but i dont think they could get it finalised in time...i think KID should still be fighting....and obviously Uno said he would be on the card!

...thats a possible rematch right there
    alien
    havent seen the first one, but KID won due to a cut.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Bowling vs. Voelker Rematch to Headline Strikefore Challengers 11 on Oct 22nd

also a 165-pound catchweight bout between Billy Evangelista and Waachiim Spiritwolf,plus Lavar Johnson against a yet to be named opponent are also on the card.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/13/bowling-vs-voelker-rematch-to-headline-strikefore-challengers-1/
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Arona's hoping if the doctors give him the all clear he'll make his UFC debut in November.

http://www.graciemag.com/en/2010/09/still-dreaming-of-belt-arona-hopes-for-november-return/

also

Willamy “Chiquerim” Freire(former Shooto WW champ) should be making his UFC debut some time in November also

http://www.graciemag.com/en/2010/08/nearly-100-chiquerim-should-make-ufc-debut-in-november/
    Chimezero
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Chimezero Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but incase anyone has missed it ricco rodriguez is going to be fighting in bellator at the end of the month

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/mma/post/2010/09/ricco-rodriguez---dave-herman-added-to-bellator-31/1
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks for the updates lads im getting it updated 2night, Ricco's last fight before UFC take him back I reckon...

Also Gomi is going to be fighting Guida this year, no date set yet.

Penn vs Hughes III at UFC 123!!!

Thats going to be a great fight, Penn on the worst form in recent memory and I think goin up in weight to have an easier time training... although he may find the slower Welters arent running rings around him.

Hughes in contract is coming off him most impressive him in years, Dropping and choking out a former 185er... BJ got dominated by effectivley at 145er....

Whats peoples thoughts on this? Penns legacy could really be ruined with a loss here. Id want Penn to win beucase it would be harder to watch him loose I think, We all knew Hughes was done at top flight fighter but it would be gutting to see Penn done as well... I think Penn is going to take this fight easy and loose. Crying or Very sad

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Miaquel Falcao vs Gerald Harris at UFC 123

With 25 wins and only three losses in the MMA record, Brazilian Maiquel Falcão signed a four fight deal with the UFC today. The Chute Boxe fighter, who won his last seven fights in the first round, signed the deal only one week after getting a deal with Prime Fighters agency, and his debut will be on UFC 123, against Gerald Harris. “Maiquel called me last week asking to help him and only one week later we signed him with the UFC, thanks God”, Marcelo Brigadeiro told TATAME today
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Ive only added BJ vs Hughes as a Rumor cause MMAbay have a video of BJ saying he is stepping in for an injured figher, I think it could be Gomi or Guida? What does everyone thing?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

what was it he said,a fight he couldn't turn down,well that means it surely can't be Guida,it's got to be Gomi,or maybe the UFC have a big LW signing from elsewhere to be announced for him,doubt it but lets let the rumours fly.

Aoki's signed up to fight BJ cheers cheers cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Alvarez has realised Huerta is a waste of his time and is coming gunning for BJ!! cheers cheers

Im going for Gomi though... ur right I dont think Guida would get him excited.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Also ment to add to the Rumors that Paul Daley is going to be fighting in Belfast, My mate who gave drove Monson about Belfast told me at the weekend!! cheers

See you there Kaldog!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Alvarez has realised Huerta is a waste of his time and is coming gunning for BJ!! cheers cheers

cheers cheers cheers yeah thats what I'm talking aboooooooot
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Guida vs Gomi is set for 125, in January, that's not stepping in for an injured fighter. And BJ beat Gomi easily first time they fought and Gomi is not as good as he was back then and if the BJ that fought Joe Daddy, Sherk, Florian and Sanchez is the one that turns up, Penn is a far better fighter than he was back then. No benefit in that fight for Penn.

Prior to that there's Hughes at 123 or the possibility of Alves at 124 that I would classify as fights he couldn't turn down.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Yeah I agree mate BJ on form is a Lw Fedor! The guy is unstoppable and Alves is a superfight id kill to see, both are 2 of my favorites to watch but BJ says its at 155. But Penn is unmotivated again, he didnt confirm he was hurt for the Edgar figth or maby didnt want to complain after people seemed pissed off after he said GSP was greased. You think BJ just doesnt wanna complain or u think he took Edgar lightly twice?

Gomi isnt a fight he couldnt turn down yeah but who is at Lw? he has already beaten most of them. I hate to think that Lauzon would be injured but Geogre S. Diserves as a big fight and there is a lot of hype around him.... thats my guess.

If not him I hope Edgar is out and its a fight with Maynard?

We dont know who is injured, it could be anyone, Guida could well be inured and we dont know. Where u read that Guida vs Gomi is happeining? All I heard was Guidas Twitter saying he was fighting a heavy handed figher or something.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:24 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:You think BJ just doesnt wanna complain or u think he took Edgar lightly twice?

Neither, Frankie has his number, and proved it twice! I still can't believe how much Edgar is discredited by everyone.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:37 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Yeah I agree mate BJ on form is a Lw Fedor! The guy is unstoppable and Alves is a superfight id kill to see, both are 2 of my favorites to watch but BJ says its at 155. But Penn is unmotivated again, he didnt confirm he was hurt for the Edgar figth or maby didnt want to complain after people seemed pissed off after he said GSP was greased. You think BJ just doesnt wanna complain or u think he took Edgar lightly twice?

Gomi isnt a fight he couldnt turn down yeah but who is at Lw? he has already beaten most of them. I hate to think that Lauzon would be injured but Geogre S. Diserves as a big fight and there is a lot of hype around him.... thats my guess.

We dont know who is injured, it could be anyone, Guida could well be inured and we dont know. Where u read that Guida vs Gomi is happeining? All I heard was Guidas Twitter saying he was fighting a heavy handed figher or something.

The Guida-Gomi fight, and the Edgar-Maynard fights, aren't scheduled til January, BJ said he's replacing an injured fighter, i think those two fights are too far away for him to be taking. he said he wants to fight in the next couple of months.

The other possibility is Karo Parisyan. On form Karo vs On form BJ = WAR!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 pm

Wow Its hardly disrespecting him, Ill say this against him Computerised scoring had BJ winning the 1st fight and that doesnt take into account BJ hits harder. Anyway as a guy effectivley in a weight class lower I give him a tonne of respect, even beating an out of sorts PJ 5 rounds to 0 is unthinkable for any other Lw out there, I didnt or still havnt questioned weither he is the top Lw in the world. Edgar is number 1 and should be highly ranked p4p because of his size.

The fact is BJ wasnt in the shape he was in when he was fighting Diego/Kflo. I posted weighin pics and its pretty clear he wasnt at his best. BJ problem has never been skill because he ticks every possible box. BJ problem is what shape he is in. Look at the weighin pics and theres a visable difference, I even heard he isnt with the strength and conditioning coaches that got him in to that shape, Regardless of whats happened Edgar didnt beat an top form BJ by any means.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Wow Its hardly disrespecting him, Ill say this against him Computerised scoring had BJ winning the 1st fight and that doesnt take into account BJ hits harder. Anyway as a guy effectivley in a weight class lower I give him a tonne of respect, even beating an out of sorts PJ 5 rounds to 0 is unthinkable for any other Lw out there, I didnt or still havnt questioned weither he is the top Lw in the world. Edgar is number 1 and should be highly ranked p4p because of his size.

The fact is BJ wasnt in the shape he was in when he was fighting Diego/Kflo. I posted weighin pics and its pretty clear he wasnt at his best. BJ problem has never been skill because he ticks every possible box. BJ problem is what shape he is in. Look at the weighin pics and theres a visable difference, I even heard he isnt with the strength and conditioning coaches that got him in to that shape, Regardless of whats happened Edgar didnt beat an top form BJ by any means.

It's quite sad the amount of excuses BJ fans come out with. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, hes past his best? It happens to everyone; Fedor, Nog, Gomi, Hughes etc, have all been accused of being past it.

Why is it BJ is exempt from that? Laughable.

And i didnt say disrespect Ben mate, i said discredit.

Last edited by The_Axe_Emperor on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Penn beat Edgar the first time, and didn't seem to care the second time. He didn't have the same sort of camp for either Edgar fight that he had for Sanchez and KenFlo because he stopped using the Marinovich brothers.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Yeah I agree mate BJ on form is a Lw Fedor! The guy is unstoppable and Alves is a superfight id kill to see, both are 2 of my favorites to watch but BJ says its at 155. But Penn is unmotivated again, he didnt confirm he was hurt for the Edgar figth or maby didnt want to complain after people seemed pissed off after he said GSP was greased. You think BJ just doesnt wanna complain or u think he took Edgar lightly twice?

The Guida-Gomi fight, and the Edgar-Maynard fights, aren't scheduled til January, BJ said he's replacing an injured fighter, i think those two fights are too far away for him to be taking. he said he wants to fight in the next couple of months.

Im begining to think you dont know weights Laughing its deffo 155, he was saying that he is walking around at 165 so will make 155 no problem, it deffo isnt a Ww.

Though that a fucking great matchup if Karo was in shape. Im pumped for Karo coming back, there is a serious lack off good Judokas in MMA in the US. Him and Soko will always be 2 guys Ill always watch beacuse man I love me some Judo throws! There was a UFC show on showing fight of the nights and Jared Hamman hit Rodney Wallace a nice Uchimata (spelling!) and made me think how much I want to see a few more good Judokas. I know ur a Judo guy, any recomendations for any fighters who have good Judo, not on paper like Jacare who you dont see use it a lot but guys who dish out slams and trips. Even Sokos reversal on Mousasi was great to see. Who you recomend? cheers.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 pm

[/quote]And i didnt say disrespect Ben mate, i said discredit.[/quote]

Yeah fair enough I was discrediting him, read that wrong, damn you disxleia! Laughing Seriously though Anfield confirmed it he ditched those Brothers who completed the last part of his game. Yes it is BJ's own falt. But are you denying the was in worse shape?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Im begining to think you dont know weights Laughing its deffo 155, he was saying that he is walking around at 165 so will make 155 no problem, it deffo isnt a Ww.

Though that a fucking great matchup if Karo was in shape. Im pumped for Karo coming back, there is a serious lack off good Judokas in MMA in the US. Him and Soko will always be 2 guys Ill always watch beacuse man I love me some Judo throws! There was a UFC show on showing fight of the nights and Jared Hamman hit Rodney Wallace a nice Uchimata (spelling!) and made me think how much I want to see a few more good Judokas. I know ur a Judo guy, any recomendations for any fighters who have good Judo, not on paper like Jacare who you dont see use it a lot but guys who dish out slams and trips. Even Sokos reversal on Mousasi was great to see. Who you recomend? cheers.

Did he say he was fighting at 155 or did he say he's walking around at 165? Because he weighed in against GSP at 168 and from memory i think his fights with Hughes he weighed in light as well. If BJ is walking around at 165 i think he's fighting at 205. BJ is a small man, he could make 145 if he pushed himself to the limit.

To be honest, the best ones are the obvious ones, Karo, Soko, Nakamura, and The Sex. Then you have the Olympians like Pawel Nastula, Yoshida and Ishii who are Olympic Gold Medalists. They have the best pure Judo but sometimes they have trouble applying it to MMA. I think Ishii will be a beast but i really think he should be getting his weight down to 205. If i was him I'd go and work with Karo for a while. His Judo is of a far higher level than Karo's but Karo is the master at applying it to MMA.

Rick Hawn is another worth a watch while I think of it. He's exciting to watch.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 am

Hughes v Penn is official!!!

Got a UFC newsletter confirming it....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content