THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
payneNglory1
Anfields5thKing
Shanemc
manschesthair_utd
james_hampton
pinsman
Paolo_73
11 posters

Am I the UK's only Koscheck 'fan'

Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Am I the UK's only Koscheck 'fan' Empty Am I the UK's only Koscheck 'fan'

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Kos seems to have carved out a niche for himself as the UFC's resident anti-Brit lately. Not only has he got himself a fight with Semtex, and kicked off some quality banter between the two of them already, but the shit talking with Hardy goes on and on as well...

My question is, am I the only person who wouldn't mind seeing Kos beat Semtex and then smash Hardy as well after Georges has finished with him?

I don't wish Semtex any harm, but he's slipped up by calling Kos a pussy, there's just no evidence of Kos ever ducking a fight, and he always gives 100%. Yes he has shit hair and calls out absolutely everybody, but I like that in a fighter.

Thoughts?
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Am I the UK's only Koscheck 'fan' Empty Re: Am I the UK's only Koscheck 'fan'

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:31 pm

He's the guy you love to hate, very inconsistant. I would say he's more liked than Bisping and Tito....I may be wrong though?
    james_hampton
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  james_hampton Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:36 pm

With there being so many fighters out there at the moment you have to be memorable to get into title contention and not get forgotten if you lose. Kos and chael are both good fighters but not great IMO. Both talk lots of shit just so that their name gets banded about the place. I quite like the banter, builds up the fight, but back to your original question are you the UKs only koscheck fan? I cant see there being many others lol.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 pm

I would like to see him smash Tito, and i was rooting for him against Rumble (hate that guy) but thats about as far as it goes. tongue
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:52 pm

i like watching him fight he has a good style now i think maybe not the smartest one but hes fun to watch as a person i dont like him but im just going by what i saw on the ultimate fighter he could be a good guy for all i know
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah he was a nob-end of the highest rank on TUF, but even though he still talks the same degree of smack I reckon he has matured a bit, and at least he usually backs up the talk.

For the record though I can't be upset with anyone who pisses in Leben's bed, I would have laid a cable.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Oh no wait, it was Leben who did the pissing wasn't it?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:50 pm

I like Kos. Daley is a muppet is he thinks Kos ducks fights! Kos wants to fight every month and is willing to fight ANYONE. I see Kos beating Daley, then fighting and beating Hardy and then getting his title shot.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 pm

As much as I think Kos is a complete dick,there is no denying his skills or the improvement that we have all seen in him from his TUF days.

I can't see how anybody could say he ducks fights,from what I get from him he seems as if he would like to fight on every card if he could.
    He fought Alves,Yoshida and Thiago back to back all in under 4 months.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:56 pm

grade A fuckin prick, almost a big a prick as sanchez, will go against daley with his usual overblown ego on full tilt and get the fuck knocked out

so yeah, u gotta be his only fan Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:00 am

He milked the illegal strike against rumble for all its worth. I'm glad the crowd boo'ed him after watching the replay. He called Logan and the blonde dog shit after they they got fired because they said he was faking at 106.

And that was just what he did in a few days.

I hope Semtex sends him too sleep.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:17 am

Kos is the best wrestler in the UFC with the possible exceptions of Sonnen and Davis. He's putting Daley on his back and then beating him up.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 am

Kos is a Prick, Real real dislikeable guy, Id actually hope he beat Tito but thats were it ends. Semtex is a killer, he is just the type of fighter I enjoy watching and Id love him to KO Kos.

I dont like Kos as a person but he is no ducker, he fights as ofent as Jeff Monson and thats a likeable quality and as a wrestler he really worked on his hands and standup and that a likeable thing because I hate wrestlers with no Standup or Subbs!

Semtex is a KO artist and he will always entertain me, if he wins a fight with Alves or Rumble or Paulo Thaigo would be excelent to see, Even Ben Saunders, great possibilities for Semtex if he wins. Lets see Some Muay thai guys kick lumps out of each other!!! Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:24 am

Thiago Alves would destroy Daley. Daley is a decent fighter with great hands but he's very very limited. He's another Manhoef although i think he has a better chin.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:31 am

Semtex would have a better chance of beating Alves than Fitch or anyone at the top with a decent ground game. I can see Semtex beating Alvez, that would be some war. Alvez short reach will cause him problems against Daley.

I hope Daley and Alves either both win or lose so we can see them fight each other. Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 am

Daley can only beat him with a punch, Alves has a great chin. Wouldn't fancy Daley's chances.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 am

I was actually thinking that Alves is a terrible matchup for any WW in the world not named GSP. Seriosuly, he has got great takedown defence, good BJJ and awesome standup skills, I think that would be a terrible fight for Daley.

The only other WW I can see beating Alves is his next opponent, Jon Fitch. Fitch has the skills to get him down and from there he can control him to a UD, I think Fitch gets overlooked a lot. He would beat most WW fighters.

On topic, I don't mind Kos that much personally, he is a pretty good fighter but I think he falls a few shades off world class. Can never see him being a champion with GSP and Alves in the division.

Is Kos really the best wrestler in the UFC?

What about Velasquez and Bader? Even Jon Fitch, he was a former Purdue wrestling captain which is very impressive.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:14 am

Kos is the best allrounder after the two i mentioned. Cain and Bader are both excellent but they were simply good solid college wrestlers who had good careers. Kos had a great college career. 4 time all american. Started for a Div 1 school as a freshman.

When he is bothered to use his wrestling it's some of the best around.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:08 pm