THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
lyalla2
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Paolo_73
manschesthair_utd
Additional Generic
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
Raiden
12 posters

Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106

Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106 Empty Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106

Post  Raiden Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 am

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/update-koscheck-johnson-agreed-for-ufc-106-20582

not quite Brock V Carwin but should be an entertaining fight none the less
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106 Empty Re: Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:04 pm

This will be a good one, I really like Rumble, Id love to see him KO Kos... this would surely earn him a spot in the top 10 at Ww
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106 Empty Re: Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:03 pm

I predicted Rumble - Koscheck during the ufc 104 chat. Razz I hope it happens should be a great fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Rumble to KO Kos... Kos fanices his standup too much now. If Rumble can make weight I think he will be a force at 170, I think he will even get a shot at the title down the line. Having said that a 220lbs person is better suited to being a BIG 185er or an average 205er!! He is the biggest weigth cutter in the UFC as far as I know.
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Additional Generic Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Rumble young man Rumble.

I'm a big fan of Johnson and I would love to see him knock out Kos.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:51 pm

not a fan of rumble, i respect any man who has the cahones to get in the cage, but for goodness sake man up!! quit ducking the middleweight division! and he missed weight by 6 lbs!! HE IS ALREADY A MIDDLEWEIGHT he fought at middleweight his last fight!

i felt sorry for Yoshida and am no longer a fan of rumble, comeon Koscheck?!? Rolling Eyes
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Got to be the shortest break between fights that the UFC has allowed in years....... obviously it wasn't really a fight for Rumble at the weekend, but still.

Kos believes himself to be a banger these days, so I see a messy exchange on the feet followed by Kos realising he needs to take it the ground in a hurry, followed by a bit of a hug against the cage, followed by a few big shots from Rumble at the start of the 2nd to end it.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Rumble was disallowed from the KO of the night bonus and it was instead given to Pat Barry for a KO which was less spectacular. HA serves him right, the money should go to someone who doesnt only pick on guys smaller than him (in fact hardly ever does!)
    Additional Generic
    Additional Generic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Additional Generic Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:48 pm

I see someone doesn't like Rumble.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Should be a great fight and certainly has given the card a huge boost if Kos the striker turns up i see him going to sleep but if he has remembered he is a phenomenal wrestler and uses this i see only one winner.
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  lyalla2 Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:00 pm

I am totally looking forward to this fight. I think Rumble will win, but I would love to see Koscheck use his wrestling for once. Both (sort of) have a Knockout of the night against Yoshida. This will most likely stay standing. Goood fight.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Should make a good matchup. My money's on Rumble being "krump" at the end of the fight, if he can make weight properly...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:01 am

If Kos uses his wrestling he'll win this one with ease but since the GSP fight he's had very little confidence in his wrestling so i think he'll stand. And get KO'd.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106 Empty Rumble Vs Koscheck looks likely for 106

Post  TomHughes1983 Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm looking forward to this one as I'd love to see the winner fight Paul Daley. I'd love to see Paul's crisp stand up matched against Rumble's punching power. I think a fight against Kos would go badly as Daley would hit Koscheck once and then Kos would wrestle him to the ground. Paul really needs to work his take down defence aside from that I don't think anyone can stand with him at 170 (would love to see him fight Zaromski).

As for weight cutting, I met Daley and Hardy (with Judo Jim Wallhead, Andre Winner and Nick Osipczak) at the last UltimateChallengeUK and Semtex has a massive frame. He's got a ridiculously broad shoulders so it must be difficult for him to make weight. Apparently, according to an article on Sherdog, he once came in weighing 190lbs before the weigh in day and made 170 the following day.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:15 pm

cant see this being good for Kos Rumble has been on a tear lately and with his size advantage i cant see kos getting him down and give the advantage on the feet with power and technique see this being a first round stoppage for rumble

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:20 am