THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
KJGould
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
10 posters

Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC Empty Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC Empty Re: Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:56 pm

Coleman gets cut which means Dana believes he's not good enough, or too old for the UFC, the day after Dana expected people to pay $50 to watch him headline an event! What a prick!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC Empty Re: Its official, Coleman cut from the UFC

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:57 pm

wtf.

Coleman needs to keep fighting he really needs the money.

Bonnar has had 2 straight losses and one of them was to coleman!! he was not cut.

fighters rarely get cut after only a single fight losing streak anyway.
    but a loss in main event of a ppv => cut?

that is some bullshit.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Dana didnt know about the heat betweeen Tito+Jenna and Coleman. I would not bet against him making a Tito-Coleman fight this year, and changing his mind on Coleman.

Although i agree with his decision to cut Coleman, after a poor performance like that.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

I hope Coleman has enough money to comfortabally retire, he didnt make the most of all his oppertunities in his career which is a shame. Im sure Strikeforce of Dream would welcome him if he wanted to keep fighting... Maby he could fight the Seth vs Shammy winner! Get himself 1 last "title" Wish him goodluck whatever he does.
    KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KJGould Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 pm

That doesn't mean he gets cut. It means UFC don't want him to actively fight, but have also effectively said he always has a job with them.

Of course they can't force him not to fight, and if Coleman is bullheaded enough can demand to be released from his fighter contract or to finish off his existing contract so he can go elsewhere.

I'm hoping Coleman does retire and takes a regular paycheck from the UFC to be an ambassador or whatever. Maybe he can head wrestling programs for the UFC gyms or something.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Its been confirmed by MMAjunkie and 5ouncesofpain now, Coleman has been cut by the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17896/despite-headlining-ufc-109-mark-coleman-cut-by-ufc-following-loss.mma
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Hague is also cut.

i thought they would keep him for the Vancouver card.....
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 pm

a sad day for mma Sad
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm

I was expecting it, but now that its offical it does feel abit sad. Crying or Very sad
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 pm

No big surprise. I'd have quite liked to have seen him fight Tito though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 am

If i had paid to watch this event i'd be demanding my money back to be honest. Being asked to pay 50 quid to watch someone deemed not good enough to fight in the UFC? I think not.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Hague is also cut.

Which I think is more than a little harsh especially as many thought Hague had beaten Tuscherer but I guess being Brock's training partner can't hurt (aside from the beatings in training!)
    toonswagger
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  toonswagger Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

i agree with Danas decision. Coleman looked so out of shape that if he'd turned up like that to face someone like Thiago Silve he could have been seriously hurt. Could be a Chuck style situation though and that he'll get a fight again despite Dana saying he's done
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Rolles
    Trigg
    Coleman
    Bucholz
    Nover
    Hague

All cut after 109, they said they werent cutting anyone at 108 as an act of good will but they really took it out on the 109 guys, didnt they?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Most of those guys diserved cut anyway, Well havnt seen Hague vs Tuchs but Im guessing he diserved cut! Gracie isnt a fighter full stop. He may be good at BJJ but he is scared to Strike. If he wants to be good at MMa he better take up some Striking sport.

Still think Coleman being cut was a big Harsh, I wonder how they can just Cut guys who have fights on their contract?
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Oh damn Mad

I predicted Danzig would lose and get cut afterwards, looks like the opposite has happened Very Happy

Shows how good I am at predictions

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:13 am