THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
ChelseaQuinsfan
Albion_Oakley
manschesthair_utd
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Frank Mir is a Ballbag...

wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Frank Mir is a Ballbag... - Page 2 Empty Re: Frank Mir is a Ballbag...

Post  wilksdaman Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Its obviously clear that the only way Rogers would stand any chance of beating Fedor would be in the standup by landing a huge bomb and shutting him down (and we've seen how hard that is).
    I havent seen many of Brett's fights...does he have any ground game at all? Does he have a good sprawl at least?

Judging by his record, he doesnt mess about, all of his fights bar two he has finished in the first round. This wont last more than a round like the Arlovski v Fedor fight where they were feeling each other out. Rogers will be looking to shock the MMA world. I think he will come in over-enthusiastic and will get taken down and submitted in the first minute.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 am

Ye Fedor GSP and I think Machida are the most well rounded fighters. Machida is a very unique fighter with his stance but is well rounded as well. He has so many different arts and tools to his game. One of my favourite Fedor fights is the onee with Randleman, because thats where he showed how well rounded he is and how he was able to come back from the death.

GSP is very well rounded as well. His striking is good, his takedowns are the best in MMA, his BJJ is very good, He has a karate background, he is learning Muay Thai and he is a very good athlete as well, he is is big, strong and very fast as well.

This is why these guys are the best in the world, you could put Silva is as well, but I think his lack of wrestling works against him here.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 am

Also I think Fedor should beat Rogers easily, Rogers best chance is a big punch that KOs Fedor, I don't see it happening. Fedor should frustrate Rogers on the feet, Rogers will rush in, get taken down and subbed. I would work on the perfect gameplan if I were him and takedown defense.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm by no means a huge fan of Mir but I don't mind him either to be perfectly honest...... When I consider the Nog affair I look at it this way:

- Nog was medically cleared to fight, so as far as Mir is concerned he was healthy. If there's one factor in MMA that should be monitored beyond all others then it's the health of the fighters, and if Nog was really as sick as was reported then he should never have been cleared to fight, somebody screwed up bad on that one.

- Mir put on a crisp display of boxing, and whether Nog was sick or not is irrelevant to that. His movement looked better than it had in years and if I was him and people were suddenly dismissing all the hard work I'd done after being full of praise shortly after the fight then I'd be a little pissed as well.

- Nobody should be slagging off Mir for trash talking while Brock Lesnar is getting away with the kind of shit that he rolls out on a daily basis. It's the fight game, you're supposed to talk smack.

- The first Lesnar fight may have been controversial, but at the end of the day Mir took a shiteload of beats to the face and stayed calm enough to lock in a sub, to me that deserves a little credit. The refereeing decision wasn't exactly his fault.

Anyway, just a few observations to balance the argument a bit, but like I said I don't exactly cheer for the guy, I just don't think he's all bad. He does have a shit teenage fluff beard though.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:12 pm

- Nobody should be slagging off Mir for trash talking while Brock Lesnar is getting away with the kind of shit that he rolls out on a daily basis. It's the fight game, you're supposed to talk smack.

This works both ways, some people give Lesner shit because of what happens, while some give Mir shit because of the trash talk. IMHO, I don't blame either (The only dumb thing Lesner did was shit on the company sponser) its a fight game and trash talk makes fight. Niether Mir or Lesner will ever win an award for best sportsmanship but thats the way they are so who is anyone to say they can't. At the end of th day, Lesner doesn't trash talk...first. If you respect him, he respects you, he always comes in confident, but he doesn't always trash talk.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 pm

This works both ways, some people give Lesner shit because of what happens, while some give Mir shit because of the trash talk. IMHO, I don't blame either (The only dumb thing Lesner did was shit on the company sponser) its a fight game and trash talk makes fight. Niether Mir or Lesner will ever win an award for best sportsmanship but thats the way they are so who is anyone to say they can't. At the end of th day, Lesner doesn't trash talk...first. If you respect him, he respects you, he always comes in confident, but he doesn't always trash talk.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 pm