THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba? Empty Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 am

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%20A%2000113.html

Frank Shamrock talks about fighting Sakuraba as well as Cung Le and Hendo.

I think a fight with Sakurabe is a great fight! Shamrock is hardly shot after loosing to Diaz who is top 5 ranked and Cung Le who was champ.

Sakuraba is coming off 2 wins, one over Zelg who was called the next Crocop, he was a highly hyped prospect (Hence the Wonderkid Nickname I suppose!)

Frank Shamrock is 37 Sakuraba is 40, I think Sakuraba is in worse shape and showing his age more seeing as he has had a much tougher and more active career. Id still be very interested to see it happen as both are Hall of Famers and while not title contenders they arent completley irrelevant to the sport.

Id say Frank would win though Id be hoping for Sakuraba,

He already has wins over.

Ken Shamrock
    Funaki
    Ramapge
    Vitor Belfort
    Randleman
    Minowa
    Renzo Gracie
    Royce Gracie
    Royler Gracie
    Ryan Gracie
    Guy Mezger
    Carlos Newton

A hell of a career so far and a win over the younger Shamrock would really top off his career
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba? Empty Re: Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba?

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

this is one of the fights on a dream card i made ages ago, i think it would be a great fight, Shamrock is younger and looks to be in better shape, but is coming off 2 losses whereas Saku is on a little bit of a roll recently.

Also whilst they both have long term nagging injuries Franks lack of knee cartilage (or something) means he cannot shoot for takedowns, and he has said he never bothered learning takedown defence because he liked being on his back. Well i think Frank has the striking advantage, Saku will put him on his back.
    I cannot call this fight, 2 of my all time favourites so i dont know who i will be cheering for (im leaning towards saku)

I just hope we get to see it.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Saku should just go after the Single leg relentlessly, Frank will be pretty hard for him to tapp though... Its an interesting fight, Id love to see it and in the US or Japan would be a superfight.

I think he was joking about Hendo though its a real shame that Frank has taken a few losses because Hendo vs F.Shammy would have also been a bit of a superfight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:22 pm

here is a taster!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Cant see Videos in work... what is it? Id love Sakuraba to beat Frank the more I think of it. Although Sakuraba is one of the best MMA fighters ever regardless of what happens from here on in, another loss could damage Franks standing. Its a real shame he was so inactive throughout his career.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 am

Frank lost to Cung but was starting to control the fight at the end of the third and had wobbled Cung. Had he been able to continue i think he could have won the fight. And he fought Diaz with a broken rib. Shammy's not done yet.

I've been pestering him everyday on twitter about fighting Saka! Haha!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:43 am

great fight love to saku win but i think shammy has a little to much for him at this point and would probably ko him
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Anfield whats the Craic iwht Twitter? I though It was a 1 way thing... can you actually txt or email the person who posts? Ive tried to stay away from the whole thing...

SO do they send a txt and it appears on the internet and you can reply to it... That sounds ok, I might join in with sending Frank messages to fight The Gracie Hunter
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 pm

What was that Chesty? Just a grappling contest between Shammy and Hendo?

Anyway, I wouldn't say Shamrock was shot, just past it. In his prime he easily would have beat Diaz and Le.

The match would be great to watch, not sure which way it would go to be honest. A loss doesn't damage anyone of there career's, both are MMA HOFers, Sakaruba is right now the greatest MW of all time, and one of the greatest period and Shamrock is one of the top 5 greatest LHWs ever and again one of the best MMA fighters ever. A win would only give them another name on the record, this fight won't decide wiether or not they are legends or not.

Im really finding it hard to see how this fight will go. Sakaruba has mommentum having won and finished his last two opponents while Shamrock is coming off two losses albiet against tougher opponents. Shamrock might the advanatge standing, not sure. He has only KOed/Tkoed two opponents ever, Saku has more but has 8 tko/ko losses. I really have no idea what would happen but thats why its so exciting.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:05 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Anfield whats the Craic iwht Twitter? I though It was a 1 way thing... can you actually txt or email the person who posts? Ive tried to stay away from the whole thing...

SO do they send a txt and it appears on the internet and you can reply to it... That sounds ok, I might join in with sending Frank messages to fight The Gracie Hunter

Yeah you can do open "tweets" at a person which everyone can read. Or you can send direct messages. Although, I haven't figured out how to do direct messages on the computer yet because i mainly use my blackberry for it. It's funny and you can stalk, i mean follow, celebs. Jonathon Ross, Stephen Fry and Kevin Smith keep me entertained.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Same here Anfield, I used to stalk the mighty Lance Armstrong on twitter, although his banter isn't what it used to be....

You can direct message on a blackberry by scrolling onto the person's message in the timeline view, press the blackberry button and go down to 'direct message', then fire away.

For the record I've never posted a single 'tweet', because I doubt more than 1 or 2 people give a toss what I'm doing!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah i can do the direct messages on my blackberry. Clueless as to how to do them on the computer though! Haha! I generally just post rants about stupid people that i encounter. Such as every time i got the airport!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:08 am