THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
ChelseaQuinsfan
Albion_Oakley
manschesthair_utd
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Frank Mir is a Ballbag...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Frank Mir is a Ballbag... Empty Frank Mir is a Ballbag...

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Im sick to the back teeth of Frank Mir constantly bad mouthing Big Nog... Ive seen a few interviews and heard Radio interviews and he is constantly running his mouth about Nogueira.

Firstly No one though anything of Frank Mir before the Nog fight, Many though the win over Brock was due to bad refereeing and Brock being green... He was really only ranked over his win to Nog who was hospitalised before the figth.

Mir has been disrespectfull over and over again, He said Nog shouldnt make excuses, he said Dana and Joe Rogan shouldnt have made excuses for him as well. He thinks its downplaying his win and that he only beat Couture because Couture wasnt a true 250lbs heavyweight!!! Nice one Mir do you not know Nog has a twin who is Lhw so Nog hardly has the frame of a Propper heavyweight.

He said that Nog only got away with being slow and having no head movement and bad reactions because pride heavys like Crocop were 220lbs... Nice one Mir again so you are implying that you hit harder than Crocop because you have 10lbs on him? I dont think so.

He has also laughed at the thought of Nog fighting Lesnar! Saying how Nog would get killed and how he was lucky to make it out of a lot of his Pride fights alive...

Mir is a Dick, A Classless bitch who will be exposed as a B level heavy soon enough.

Nogs losses - Fedor UD, Barnett UD, Hendo SD and Mir TKO
    Mirs losses - Brock Lesnar TKO, Brandon Vera TKO, Ian Freeman TKO, Marcio Cruz TKO

Nogs wins - Couture, Coleman, Schilt, Hendo, Herring, Sapp, Ricco Rodriguez, Crocop, Sylvia, Sergei, Werdum, Barnett
    Mirs wins - Lesnar, Nog, Sylvia

And Nog was Sick and Lesnar was poor refereeing and Sylvia is Shit!!!

Their records

Nogs record 32/5/1
    Mirs record 12/4/0

Mir has 6 subs to his name Nog has 20!!!

Mir is so classless he spent the Buildup to the Lesnar making fun of him, he did promos with his camp making fun of Brock saying "All I need are my Muscles and my Doubleleg" You came across well there Mir, Made fun of Brock and got made his bitch... Making fun of Nog will hopefully result in the same. Mir is a ballbag and highly ranked after 1 debatable win, Id love Nog to get a rematch with him and make him his bitch then scream in his terrified bloodied face the way Lesnar did... I know Nog is too classy for that but Mir needs to be shown some respect... again! Wanker.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Frank Mir is a Ballbag... Empty Re: Frank Mir is a Ballbag...

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Ben i can not stand Mir he is a Big time tosser and deluded beyond fucking belief how can being hospitalised with a staph infection a week before the fight a blown out knee not be a reasonable excuse anyway Nog give Mir tons of credit after the fight and yes i agree Mir is overrated he lost to fucking Ian Freeman i love Ian but come on Laughing .

I hope a rematch is set up
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Glad theres other people who find him such a prick... he is a flavor of the month, a flash in the pan... he hasnt got the big career wins to back up such arrogance. Id love to see Nog tap him out Id love even more for Kongo to batter him and never hear from him again. He also clamed that Fedor was scared of UFC heavys etc..

What is Mirs problem? Why is he so disrespectfull to other fighters? If Dana and Joe both backed up the story of Nogs injuries it is because they were clearly an issue! I think someone needs to beat him down like Brock did and humble him a bit, Id love if Kongo did it and pointed in his face and said "Thats for badmouthing Nog" Laughing

Its so funny how he uses size as a excuse with Lesnar... I was too small, I need to put on weight for next time etc.. but a Staph infection and a Knee injury arent excuses! that one really cracks me up!! I think Mir should act more Humble, shave of that tiny bumfluff patch of facial hair and wise up. Nog is a legend in MMA fans eyes and has had 10X the career that Mir has or will have.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Not a big Lesnar fan myself, but i was more than happy about the way that fight went.

Mir is a tool whos lost to 3 guys who are essentially LHWs and hes riding on his win over sickly Nogueira and a highly controversial win over a green Lesnar. The guy doesnt ever stop running his mouth thats the worst thing of all. Have some respect man!

and saying Nog only beat Randy because Randy is small is laughable, look at the big guys Nog has beaten, Sapp, Zulu, Rodriguez, Barnett, Werdum etc etc. the Pride heavyweights were not small, only the top 3 were.
    and look at the 205ers Mir has been finished by, and the freeman fight was an epic beatdown comparable to the lesnar one.

ive always disliked Mir.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Ahahaha what a tit mir is. Who the frig is Marcio Cruz. I have honestly never heard of him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Márcio Cruz is a guy who is cutting to Lhw, he got beat by Arlovski and Monson... his big wins include, Frank Mir... Yep just Frank Mir!

Good point Chesty Its not like Nog spend his career fighting small guys Zulu is over 400lbs and Bob Sap came in at 350lbs!! And Schilt is 7foot and 300lbs.... Nice one Mir, not only are you disrespectfull but you dont know shit about MMA (as we can tell by your crap commentary!) and at 30 you still cant grow facial hair!

And yeah its not like the Freeman fight was close neither was the Vera one, he got a straight up kicking from both of them and as you say they are both 205ers!! Mir is also Lucky Simms fight wasnt in Pride or he woulda got his head stomped in!!

Ive no respect for Mir, Its actually made me understand Lesnar getting in his face after the fight! Please Kongo KO this bum and show he is just a flash in the pan success story
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 am

I think Mir is a dick, but I don't think he is too bad. I think he is disrespecting Nog too much about the Pride things. However I think he a right to be a little pissed off about the excuses that ROGAN was making, not Nog. In the interview I saw, he didn't say too much about Nog, he said it about Rogan who I like, but shouldn't really say anything about the situation. At the end of the day, he worked hard for that win and it meant a lot to him.

One thing, Cro Cop obviously hits harder than Mir but Mir has like 30 lbs on him.

As for the Fedor thing, he makes a good point, if Fedor really thinks he has nothing to prove then why doesn't he retire. I didn't hear him say anything about Fedor being scared, He implied it though.

This is the interview I saw, make sure to roll down and find it.

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/columns/115308
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:40 am

Chelsea he came across far worse in other interviews... I get him not wanting his biggest career win taken away from but there is no need to try to discredit and bad mouth such a genunie guy and a legend of the sport. Its pretty tasteless. Nog will go into the history books, Mir wont, Im sure of that. In 10 years when the MMA we watched is the stuff of legends people will talk about Nog and Mir will be forgotten about. Fuck him, Ill never want him to win no matter who he fights! Ill try and find a few of the worse interviews were he comes across as More bitter... and the fact he tried to take away from the Randy win due to Size difference!! Petty or what?

http://mmabay.co.uk/Video%2000576.html

Mirko came in at 235 at UFC 99 and is reportedly trying to stack more weight on to compete against these huge heavys now in UFC... Mir came in at 245 against Lesnar so Its not a huge difference, I think Mir is also expecting to pack on weight as he said but Id exect them to stay withing 15lbs of each other... The thing is like you said Crocop hits a lot harder, he has fractured Bob saps Skull and Sapp has a head like a Cow!! Its Huge! Mir has TKO'd Nog and apart from that KO'd simms pretty impressivley but that 2 KO's in a career... Its obvious that Nog wasnt his self as he became Mirs 2nd career KO/TKO. If you look at Nogs career he has been dropped a few times but he has a split second recovery time... Having a staph infecting makes you feel really drained and I dont think Mir KO'd him.. he put a sick man down 3 times and the 3rd time the ref though Nog had enough... It was far from Knocking him out cold. If Mirko cant Mir cant. That pissed me off too he dicided that any of these 250lbs+ heavy would have KO'd nog if they hit him with the same punches Randy did...

Anyway enough of an angry rant on Mir, Ill be hoping for Kongo come UFC 107. A loss to Kongo would show Mir was simply in the right place at the right time. Kongo should just Box with him because Mir said he is worried about knees etc.. but would be happy to box with him!! I say Kongo KO's Mir in a Boxing match.. and I really hope he does.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:40 am

Gotta agree, Mir is a dickhead! And he's some lad to be slagging off people for their wins being over fighters who weren't true HW's. He got his ass kicked by Ian Freeman and Brandon Vera!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 am

Nog seems to thing so as well, Ed Soares said that Nog wanted his injuries kept secret, he did not want to use them as an excuse and thats why they were not mentioned after the fight.

Nog has been listening to all the shit that Mir has been talking about him and has requested a rematch at UFC 107 in December. Mir is set to meet Kongo but you know UFC, Plans are never set in stone. Franklin vs Hendo 2 was scrapped recently because the Fans didnt want it. If Nog is fit and ready to go I dont see why he cant take Kongo's place. There are other fights for Kongo, A fight with Gonzaga makes a lot of sence to me...

Lets hope UFC listens to Nog and grants him a rematch, Nothing would make me happier than to see Nog choking Mir out.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Frank Mir is a Ballbag... Empty Nog wants the rematch

Post  Paddyjock Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Props: MMAWeekly.com

Quoteworthy:

“If I was making excuses, I would have been making excuses right after the fight. I’m not making excuses, I’m giving you a reason…. If Mir feels it’s an excuse, then lets get in the Octagon and see whether it’s an excuse or a reason in December and settle it. I’d love to fight Frank Mir at UFC 107.”

Move over Cheick Kongo, former Pride FC and UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira wants to rematch Frank Mir at UFC 107 from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on Dec. 12. Mir handed “Big Nog” his first ever technical knockout loss at last year’s UFC 92 event, opening the door for speculation that years of abuse had finally caught up to the battle-weary Brazilian and that his fighting days were numbered. He recently silenced the critics with a thrilling unanimous decision win over Randy Couture at UFC 102 last month. In doing so, it also brought up questions about his health in the fight against Mir — Nogueira was hospitalized with staph infection days before the bout and was also nursing a torn ligament in his knee. Mir was upset with the post-fight questions, saying that all it did was hollow out his win rather than give him credit for a convincing win over a legend in the sport. So should the promotion push Kongo aside and book Nogueira opposite Mir in December to eliminate any and all excuses? It’s certainly got a much more intriguing back story that can be hyped, don’t ya’ think?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:13 pm

I think people are being slightly harsh, there is no doubt that Nog is a greater fighter than Mir, there is no doubt there. I also think Nog would easily win a rematch between the two but Mir has a right to say whatever he wants. Outside the bizzare Cro Cop and Pride bashing, he didn't say anythin too bad although he still somehow managed to insult basically every other HW out there. He makes sense, Nog still showed poor head movement, his chin helped him against Randy but will it help him against Lesner, Carwin or even Gonzaga. I still feel like he needs to move his head more, his chin is still one ofthe best but it can only get you so far. I was amazed at the shots he took against Randy, he just brushed them off with ease. With bigger guys he will feel them, Randy is a tiny HW and Nog is small as well. I really like Nog, I respect him so much but his head movement still needs work if he wants the belt again. Mir didn't really say he would be upset if Nog got a shot at Lesner/Carwin next, he said that that both of them need a few wins, which is fair. We can't ignore the other guys as well, Cro Cop/Dos Santos, Velasquez, Gonzaga ect.

I say they have a rematch, its better for Kongo (hopefully he gets an easier fight just so he can stay legit) and it can settle this "he was sick, he is past it, stop taking away my victory" garbage once and for all. I haven't seen Nog make excuses, I know he was sick so credit to him for not using it as an excuse. I think the UFC should put this, they need a big match to cover for Rampage-Rashad and they can even us the Prime time think. This would be a huge rivalry match, book it now!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 pm

100% agreed it would settle everything and is a big enough match to replace Ramapge vs Evans, I really want it to happen, I agree Nog doesnt have good headmovement and perhaps its time to evolve his game but I dont buy into the Size thing that much any more, Randy Smashed Gonzaga when he was 225lbs so I dont see why Nog wouldnt...

Lesnar is big and strong etc.. but Nog has taken shots from all sorts of monsters, Crocop's punches are harder than Brocks Id say and he took them. Like I say Nog can be dropped but not Ko'd, Id back Lesnat to win but Ir Mir can sub him so can Nog... Id love to see Nog vs Mir for the number 1 contender. Cain is still too green and Rothwell is no were near diserving were as the winner if Nog won he would have beat Mir and Couture back to back... If Mir won he would have a case for a rubbermatch... I think its an obvious fight to make, I hope UFC realise this.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Im not sure on Cro Cop hitting harder, Lesner is a monster and those "lunch boxes" hurt. Id say Nog has better technichal boxing but Lesner has more power. I don't think he can KO No with one punch, but I think if he dropped Nog he would finish him, unlike Herring. Nog could sub Lesner, easiest thing would be a knee bar or something like that since Lesner looks a little top heavy and his arms and neck look too huge to grab. Id have to go for Lesner in that fight though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Me too I think Lesnar would drop him and finish with hammerfists... Nog is past his best and UFC wont allow him to take the beating Pride did... having said that Nog could become the new Couture, the guy we keep puting in as the underdog and keeps pulling out the upsets!!

On another note did Lil Nog look Bigger than Big Nog to anyone else? He has the same frame and height etc but looked to have bigger arms... I never took Lil Nog to be one of the big Lhw's but clearly he is... I would love to see the Brothers hold both belts at one point.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Crocop hits as hard as anyone in the division, he has less weight behind the punches but a great punching technique makes the punches he throws more effective, and he puts everything into them. his uppercuts are one of the best punches in MMA, check out the way he puts down the hard headed coleman, after showing him sprawl 101.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:05 pm

and for the record, im not saying Lesnar=coleman, but anyone has a hard job taking him down, and also since iim posting videos, this is how i think (hope) the dos santos fight will go down; (i like the bit where he throws the sambo champ with "best hands in the division" Cool )

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Man Cro Cop was awesome in those days, his takedown defense is incredible. However his power is not as powerful as the Lesner's and Carwin's, Cro Cop finishes you with either that high kick or a barrage of punches, not a straight punch. At the end of the day he was outboxed by Kongo, maybe it was just a bad day but it doesn't change the fact. The Dos Santos fight will tell a lot, is Dos Santos the next big think or is Cro Cop back? Im going for the former Smile

This isn't the best video but this shows the power Lesner has:
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:01 pm

that was one hell of a shot, shame he couldnt finish "gatekeeper" Heath though...

here is Crocop vs Heath when he was a stud;

Lesnar might have more powerful punches but he doesnt have more powerful kicks tongue

anyway back on topic, Mir is a ballbag!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Coleman always looked all out of Ideas when he couldnt score a takedown!! Quality post there Chesty, The Aleks fight was a cracker... I still doing buy Lesnars power totally, Carwin firstly seems to drop people easier and can generate power from a shorter distance, He Put Gonzaga down with a short Jab...

Anyway Carwin and Lesnar aside, That punch he hit Herring has outstanding, but the Sprint after it like he was going for a pro-wrestling "speer" was amazing! He acceleration was shocking!! Anyway a really big push can knock someone head over heels too. He Lesnar puts his weight behind it he is going to knock people flying but if you think that Crocop actually Shattered Sapps Orbital bone wearing Boxing gloves I think its 10X the power (It wasnt the 1st orbital bone he broke either) Look at the biggest punchers in Boxing, Marciano was 190lbs soaking wet and Tyson was around 220lbs.. Bigger may mean you can throw your weight behind a punch but its the snap on a punch that delivers the damage.. Anyway

My point was Crocop was far more of a threat of KOing anyone that Brock, I think Nog may to have headmovement but I think he will suprise a lot of people if he fights Brock, He has taken Huge whots from Mirko and hung in to win... He took Massive slams and clubbing shots from Sapp and hung in to win... I wouldnt write him off taking everything Lesnar had to offer... Herring did.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:58 pm

(Guys remember while he didn't finish Herring, he did rip through him. Its not like he had a hard time with Herring, I think it was 30-26. Herring needed 6 months off after that and to make matters worse (for Herring) Lesnar rode him like a cowboy (which admitidley is not the best thing to do, considereing where Herring is from). From a short distance I think Carwin hits the hardest, but look at the punches Lesner hit Bens favourite fighter with Laughing Laughing (not really Exclamation ) His face was completely screwed up. That Cro Cop punch is incredible, how the hell can you break someone's skull, never mind some one like Sapp. Seriously what the hell? His kicks are what makes him such a threat though, I think Cro Cop could become a top of the food chain fighter, if he were to concentrate at other aspects of MMA.

Lesner is a lot better than when he faced Herring, his finishing has become a lot better. Nog can take a lot of punishment but how many hammer fists could you take? The problem he has is getting Lesner to the ground in the first place. I think if Cro Cop and Nog merged into one, they would create a super fighter. I think that fighter is Fedor, is to be honet, I know I don't like him that much but he seems to offer the best of both worlds.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:30 am

Chelsea fair point Herrin was his 1st Rodio as they say! Quite fitting saying! Laughing

I expect Brock would stop Nog, Not KO him but Takedown or something and loads of unanswered hammerfists would force a ref to stop it. But I Dont think its as sure a bet as some people would think. Your never too big to be armbarred!

I cant wait to see how Lesnar and Carwin match up power wise, Carwin seems to be able to connect and floor people more easily on the feet but maby thats just because we havnt seen much of Lesnars stand up in his time in the cage...

Im really looking forward to Lesnar vs Carwin, For Brock its the fight he will prove he isnt just a big guy throwing his size about... Although I think he will look Huge in comparison, I think Carwins size is a big exadurated as a previous article showed. Carwin has said "I shoud be about 290 fight night" I think he is starting to realise how much size even he will be giving away...
    Carwin hasnt come in at the heavyweight upper weight limit before, He has been under 260 often which make me think he is going to try to bulk up to fight Brock, I dont know what he claims but I doubt he walks around much over 265... Even Brett Rogers who is about 4" taller only walks around at 290lbs

I was reading Brocks weight log before fights and off season and he weighed in at 306lbs after his last training session!! Given that after he sweats out Fluid he is a far far bigger fighter than Carwin and I think he is going to be able to comfortabally out wrestle him being a higher pedigree of wrestler and a bigger faster moving guy, If I was Brock Id just avoid the standup! I dont think Brock is going to take many risks in the standup, I see maby a bit of a feeling out process then a double leg and Carwin actually realising Brock can just lay on him!!! I hope im wrong but thats how I see the fight playing out.

Yeah Fedor has the standup of Crocop and the Groundgame of Nog... thats why he is so successfull like him or not he is just about the most rounded fighter in MMA, him and GSP are the two fighters who dont have any holes in their game, Great standup, Takedowns and Groundgames... It means they can see were an opponent is weak and capitalise on it... Even a fighter as good as Anderson has poor wrestling/takedowns... There are plenty of fighers who are great in one area maby two but there are few who are so well rounded as Fedor and GSP.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 pm

in style at least Fedor has the standup of Igor and the guard of Nog, but what makes him unique is his ground and pound that no-one comes close to except maybe lesnar due to his size, but the style is totally different.

heres one of my favourite fedor fights, and my second favourite Fedor commentary moment ever at 2.38.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 pm

That fight really showed the accuracy of his hands, great to watch.. Its a real shame how long he will have been out of action come the Rogers fight seems like he hasnt fought in forever! How you see that panning out? Will he risk boxing with Rogers or you think he will want the fight on the floor asap
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:00 pm

See above! lol

it could well pan out similar to the goodrige fight, i dont think he'll go for the takedown straight away. Keeping it on the feet is risky though, Rogers has monsterous power, IF he decides to take him down it will be a short night, he should be able to take him down and have his way with him no problem. Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 am