THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
honours_t
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
Bulldog67
redmeanie77
poz
hendos_right_hook
13 posters

Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Time for the Armbar to eat its words... - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Sorry Ben a typo on my part I was referring to Shields only.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Time for the Armbar to eat its words... - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

Post  TomHughes1983 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm

George - First things first, that avatar really is a thing of beauty. Akiyama clearly knew what he was doing when he decided to bleach his hair blond and wear a pink suit!

Also, after Lawler did decide to stand and bang, I think he deserves a shot at the winner or loser of Shields versus Henderson. I was so upset when he lost to Shields, I'd love to see the pair of them go at it again preferably with Lawler knocking Shields and his smug grin senseless.

And for the record, I reckon Carano would get messed up against Coenen as she looked awesome against Cyborg.

Last edited by TomHughes1983 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error!)
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 pm

that womens mma fight is one of the first i have watched all the way through in ages.

people are saying that was one of the best womens fights ever?

I found it the least entertaining on the card to be honest.

it was like watching a man vs a woman, Coenen had no chance of KOing cyborg and no chance of subbing her because cyborg could just bull her way out of it.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Brutal Stuff, Cyborg has a head the Size of Sapps... id imagine she is hard to KO... she is built like a Bloke and gave some woman a kicking, I way typing when It was on because I didnt want to watch it but the bits a glanced up at werent appealing to me... seeing Coenen face such a mess at the end just made me think Womens MMA is wrong!
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

You are right Tom I think the loser of Hendo vs Shields would be possible as Manhoef is a pretty good win but with Lawler winning and Smith beating Cung it seems like a no brainer for me.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Lawler gets the looser and Jacare gets the winner? Smith gets who? Mayhem maby?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm

yeah it didnt bother me as much as i thought until i saw her face at the end, she was actually quite pretty at the start!
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 pm

You're on to something there, Ben. I reckon Lawler versus Shields 2 and then Jacare versus Henderson for the title fight. I'm convinced that if Shields wants to try to be boring he'll be out bored by Henderson's stifling top control and if he stands with him, good night Mr Shields!

And I completely forgot that Lawler used to fight at welter weight. I'd love to know whether or not he can cut to that weight again, and fight effectively as I'd love to see him fight Nick Diaz.

Speak of the weed smoking cardio machine, why hasn't he made an appearance on anyone's top ten welter weight ranking yet? The guy has looked so good over his last couple of fights. Those monkey arms give him a serious advantage when mixed with his fighting style.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 pm

MMAbay rank him, Im sure everyone else will fall in line when they do their next rankings... Its because he has been jumping between weight classes and its hard to rank a guy like that... for example were do you slot Hellboy into the Featherweight rankings?

I think Lawler vs Diaz would be a great fight, Lawler probabally couldnt make 170 these days but im sure Diaz wouldnt have a problem with a catchweight of 179lbs or whatever stupid catchweight was agreed for the Smith fight...

Tom let me know what your thoughts are on who replaces Hellboy in the rankings, want to get them finalised today before I start work on the 145lbs rankings...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:24 pm