THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
honours_t
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
Bulldog67
redmeanie77
poz
hendos_right_hook
13 posters

Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Time for the Armbar to eat its words... Empty Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:53 am

Ok, so Lawler somehow managed to KO Manhoef, and survive 3 and a half minutes beforehand without having his head removed from his shoulders. Very Happy

Lets have a look at some of our predictions:

Rudeboyben84:
    "Manhoef to win in the 1st without a doubt, he is one of the worst matchups in MMA for Lawler!"

"haha did you realise that there isnt a chance in hell of Lawler winning, he has been saying in interviews that he is going to stand with Manhoef and has no intention of taking the fight to the ground.... Nice one I think he would be be trying to rest his nuts on a great whites tongue... What the fuck is he thinking that he is going to bang with Melvin "My punch is simialr to a Shotgun Blast Manhoef"

"Lawler is a tool if he thinks he is going to bang with Melvin"

Shanemc:
    "manhoef is going to destroy lawler"

ChelseaQuinsFan:
    "Possibly the P4P hardist hitter, Lawler is fucked. If Diaz can KO him, Manhoef is taking his whole head back to Holland."
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Time for the Armbar to eat its words... Empty Re: Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

Post  poz Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:39 am

Just this second watched that fight, Lawler was getting smashed!! Great punch Shocked
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Time for the Armbar to eat its words... Empty Re: Time for the Armbar to eat its words...

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:41 am

I'm so pissed off, i had a trump on Manhoef winning Mad
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:26 pm

Cool ..... feels good to be smug this morning

Maenhof is chinny, and lawlor was nailed on to throw a haymaker at some point
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Lawlor was getting fucked up until that shot. Was pissed off that Manhoef left his chin so exposed. That fight and the Hierron decision, gives you a bit of a lead over me Bulldog. I remain supremely lacking in confidence that I'll pull it round, but, we've got such contrasting picks at 109, that anything could happen.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:14 pm

I want to work out the score betweem me and Payne after Strikeforce.

Does anyone how its scored?

Is it 10 points for correct winner, 5 for correct method, 5 for correct round ?

Do you need corect winner to get the correct method and rounds points?
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:14 pm

haha i couldnt believe he ko'd him manhoef was all over him anyway good win for Lawler hope a fight with cung le happens
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:28 pm

Manhoef was destroying him. The one thing that did come out of it was that there is a simple way to beat Lawlor. Inside leg kicks. Time after time. AND KEEP YOUR HANDS UP!
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Lawlor was getting fucked up until that shot. Was pissed off that Manhoef left his chin so exposed. That fight and the Hierron decision, gives you a bit of a lead over me Bulldog. I remain supremely lacking in confidence that I'll pull it round, but, we've got such contrasting picks at 109, that anything could happen.

ya alright pete, yor facing dogbomb, its anfields arse that im whoopin ... Twisted Evil
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Bulldog67 wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Lawlor was getting fucked up until that shot. Was pissed off that Manhoef left his chin so exposed. That fight and the Hierron decision, gives you a bit of a lead over me Bulldog. I remain supremely lacking in confidence that I'll pull it round, but, we've got such contrasting picks at 109, that anything could happen.

ya alright pete, yor facing dogbomb, its anfields arse that im whoopin ... Twisted Evil

Can I claim senility at this stage? Embarassed
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Fuck Embarassed

He was getting fucked up and till that point but Manhoef left himself open like an amateur. Credit to Lawler though, excellent punch.
    honours_t
    honours_t
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  honours_t Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:45 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Fuck Embarassed

He was getting fucked up and till that point but Manhoef left himself open like an amateur. Credit to Lawler though, excellent punch.

my thoughts exactly, manhoef left his chin open to a man who has one punch ko power. but to be fair, i think he will be the one who will be walking round today looking like the fighter who won! Lawlers right leg must be like lean mince right now! Even when he attempted to check them they looked mean!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Bulldog67 wrote:

Whoopin? You're up by fuck all mate. Still plenty left to go!
    honours_t
    honours_t
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  honours_t Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 pm

also....... nick diaz..... FUCKING. LEGEND!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Hate both the Diaz bros with a passion, although he did look good last night, just wondered where the fuck Zaromskis's defence went to. He looked completely out of ideas at times. When Diaz had him against the cage and just threw knees to the inside of Zaromskis's right leg, FUCK.

Anyone see his interview with Sherdog afterwards?
    http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Diaz-Not-Impressed-with-Likely-Challengers-Hieron-Sakurai-2192
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for that. I actually think he has a point, is Hieron really a worthy challenger? Sakurai shouldn't even be talked about right now in terms of a title shot, he was dominated in his last two fights and finished inside two rounds. He was fighting cans before that, no Diaz is on a whole other level right now.

The best WW outside the UFC is Jake Shields and unfortuanatley, they won't fight each other so that leaves Diaz in a bit of a dilema. I think the best opponents he could face after he demolishes Heiron are Gono, Hornbuckle and Kennedy at WW. He could face Cung Le as well at catchweight, MW, WW or whatever. He hasn't cleaned out yet there are still some good fights left for him yet.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:49 pm

If he can get his head straight, Karo Parisyan represents the biggest challenge to Diaz. Karo vs Nick would be a war, and Karo has had a lot of problems in the past with Nate Diaz so the fight makes sense. Karo needs a fight or two first, but he has time.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am

Fucking hell!!!! Just watched Manhoef get near killed!!! Manhoefs striking was looking great, Lawler only landed 1 headpunch all fight!!!!! Thats some crazy power, Bring on Manhoef vs Cung Le and Smith vs Lawler rematch! SF Mw devision is looking great, Lindland is only a good win off beign rated again, Jacare is a world class fighter, Hendo! Shields, Lawler, Mayhem, Smith, Cung etc.. great devision now.

Strikeforce are putting on a great show! Im just typing during the womens fight so havnt seen the main event (womens fight is sickening!)

Lashley seems to have a good plan to get 8 fights under his belt before he gets a shot, for all the abuse I give him he is just a solid ground and pounder, like Coleman. I could see him doing allright and heard talk of him vs Rogers. That is actually a winnable fight and wouldnt put him far off top 10. I think Rogers is a giant step up even if he is overrated on the rankings because of an Arlovski win. Id like to see them Get Barnett or Arlovski to fight him if he gets another couple of wins, Sylvia might be an Ideal step up as well.

I have to look for the Video of Riggs vs Jay, shame they showed the womens fight insted of that!! Laughing

Hershal walker is the most robotic thing Ive ever seen!! I dont think he is going to be a threat to anyone of decent level, fair play to him for getting a win and telling people not to boo anyone Laughing That American Football Highlight was so entertaining though!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 am

Seriously mate, that womens fight was one of the best i've seen in a long time.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK!

just seen this on Bravo.

Manhoef out struck Lawler 23-3

the 3 strikes lawler landed were the overhand right and the 2 follow up shots.

for fucks sake. Evil or Very Mad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 am

Apparently all the fighters stayed in the same hotel last night and there was a big breakfast held this morning and Lawlor was having trouble walking.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 am

ID imagine so, insted of checking the leg kicks he was just letting his leg go limp to reduce the impact! That was a bigger comeback that Smith/Cung!! He won in 1 punch after being leg kicked, boked, hammered in the body.... he took a beating then landed 1 punch... and it was his gameplan so credit were credit is due... he made me looks stupid saying how he couldnt stand with Manhoef!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 am

Anfield good call on Karo, I keep forgetting him but he is a very good fighter and has a win over Diaz in the past. Karo was a complete dick to Nate on TUF so that matchup does make sense. If he gets his life back together and gets a few wins, he could become the next contender.

... he made me looks stupid saying how he couldnt stand with Manhoef!!

You and me both Laughing
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 am

I said it on the night and i will say it again absolute fluke of a punch.

Lawler was getting fucked up but credit to him he covered up well and remained composed through out the beat down I think Smith III makes the most sense no good him fighting Jacare or Shields again.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:12 pm

George_Louis_Costanza@who wrote:I said it on the night and i will say it again absolute fluke of a punch.

Lawler was getting fucked up but credit to him he covered up well and remained composed through out the beat down I think Smith III makes the most sense no good him fighting Jacare or Shields again.

Lawler fought Jacare? You thinking of Mayhem? Lawler lost to him ages ago but I cant remember him fighting Jacare... could be wrong. But id hate to see someone else get the shot over Jacare. LAwler maby Diserves it but Jacare got screwed over when Mayhem got a shot over him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:44 am