THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
6 posters

Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva Empty Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm

There is only one champion, so I believe this fight must happen. It's a professional issue, and I believe they can fight. Deep down, everyone wants to know who is strongest. Friendship is friendship, but they're not amateurs. The eventual winner isn't my concern. What matters to me is how they win, and their strategy. This would be a mental battle.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/mma/post/2010/01/machidas-dad-my-son-should-fight-anderson-silva/1
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva Empty Re: Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 pm

i like master Machida's style, but Lyoto has more pressing matters first.

i hope theyre not looking past shogun, though i wouldnt mind it as i want shogun to ko lyoto.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva Empty Re: Machida's dad: My son 'must' face Anderson Silva

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 pm

In the build up to 104, Machida was talking about going to HW and fighting Brock, now his daddy wants him to fight the Spider Wink

I dont think they will ever fight each other to be honest, although if Shogun wins i would love for him to defend against Anderson, Infact i would much rather see Shogun-Anderson than Machida-Anderson. I dont think Machida-Anderson would be a very exciting fight unless one of them comes out with a new gameplan.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:19 am

Don't think thats a great matchup for Silva. Machida's counter punching ability would do a lot of damage but Silva is an all round excellent striker.

Machida is the more well rounded fighter, Both have black belts in BJJ but we don't see it that often due to there ability standing up. Not sure who has the advantage here on the ground. However Machida is a better wrestler, has much better judo and has a background in sumo as well, overall a better grappler.

Standing up, Silva has better Muay Thai and better boxing as well but Machida is very dangerous as well. It would be a great fight.

Still he shouldn't overlook Shogun who is a very dangerous fighter in his own right.

Hope he isn't serious about fighting Lesnar though, that would just be stupid. Lesner is too big and strong, if he can GnP Frank Mir like he did, imagine the destruction he can do to Machida.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:20 pm

I think Shogun showed everyone how to beat Machida. Anderson would destroy his front leg then finish the fight.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Anderson to win this, I think Machida is like a complex code, hard to crack but once you have he's a piece of piss to read.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:41 pm