THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Mryzyz
p4pnumber_1
Sheldan
manschesthair_utd
superman_punch
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
payneNglory1
ChelseaQuinsfan
13 posters

Anderson Silva's last 4 fights...

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Anderson Silva's last 4 fights... Empty Anderson Silva's last 4 fights...

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Ed Soares has stated Anderson Silva has four fights left in his career, after which he will be finished with MMA. Assuming that this is true, who would we book to fight Silva in his final four fights ever? For me there are still plenty of good fights left for him.

So we have Silva vs Sonnen supposedly happening, a much deserved rematch for Mr Sonnen. Aside from him, 3 other names immediately come time to mind. GSP, Hendo and Shogun. GSP and SHogun have been talked about forever while there has always been a talk about a Hendo rematch. For me if he wins all 4 of those fights he will go down as the GOAT no questions asked, but that is a massive IF. There is also the possibility of Jon Jones, although I doubt the UFC will risk a young star like Jones getting his ass kicked by someone who is about to retire.

Who would you like to see Silva fight in his supposed last 4 fights?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Anderson Silva's last 4 fights... Empty Re: Anderson Silva's last 4 fights...

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 am

I don't think he'll take any more LHW fights to be honest and i don't think the GSP fight will ever happen.

All the possible LHW's that get mentioned for him are stuck in a great field of fighters all trying for the belt.
    I don't think Anderson has any plans on going for the LHW belt,especially while his team mate machida is in the mix,so I can't see any of the contenders wanting to risk fighting anderson and possibly putting themselves further away from their goal of getting a crack at the belt.

If he gets past cheal,and Hendo doesn't get a Shogun rematch or a shot at the LHW belt,then he's obviously going to be a strong possibility,then after that,it's pretty weak for his choice of current top MW opponents,I mean Bisping or Munoz might be the #1 contenders and i don't think Anderson has to break a sweat against either.

I personally think the best two MW's after Cheal and Hendo would be Palhares and Weidman.

so with just MW's,the 4 last fights i'd like to see and the 4 guys i think are the best in the division would have to be:

Cheal
    Hendo
    Palhares
    Weidman.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:59 am

He'll fight Chael next, and lose.

Then he'll fight a can and destroy him. Michael Bisping, come on down!

Then he'll fight Chael again, and lose.

Then he'll retire.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:06 am

Anderson said that Soares interview was BS, and that its not Soares place to speak about how many fights he has left in his career.

Him and Soares had a falling out and since then Soares hasnt said anything about Anderson lately. Anderson was also pissed off about a pic Soares put up between him and Sonnen on twitter....
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Chael
    Hendo

Both certs I'd say. As for the other 2 I'd say whether or not it depends on if he retains the strap or not. If not he'l get and is entitled to an immediate rematch
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:He'll fight Chael next, and lose.

Then he'll fight a can and destroy him. Michael Bisping, come on down!

Then he'll fight Chael again, and lose.

Then he'll retire.

LOL!!!
    ideally:
    sonnen
    jones
    fedor
    shogun
    any order
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Apparently Sonnen VS Munoz is the Fox headliner, I doubt it though, I still think it will be a fight involving Rampage.

Based on Silva winning all of these fights, then this is the order I think it happen:

Sonnen
    Henderson
    Winner of Munoz VS Bisping/Miller
    Jones at LHW or GSP at MW

I'm very doubtful about the last fight, I;m 80% sure the GSP fight will never happen, but if GSP beats Diaz and Condit then he has basically wiped out the division, so it's entirely his decision if he wants to step up to MW. As for Jones, Silva has stated that he doesn't want to fight anymore at light heavyweight, and if he wins those first 3 fights, he doesn't exactly have anything to prove by moving up to Jones' weight and taking him on. Obviously if a boat load of money is thrown Silva's way then he could reconsider that, but personally I think he'll retire after 3 more fights.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Sonnen v Munoz?? Is Dana trying to educate the new fans one step at a time, JDS/Cain = quick KO which he claims was the perfect scenario For the new fans, and now Munoz v Sonnen which is gonna literally be wrestle mania. I'd have preferred Sonnen Vitor at least there is bad blood and far more marketable than the Munoz bout.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Rampage vs Thiago Silva on Fox do yous reckon?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 pm

I'd hope for the following in order:

Sonnen
    Hendo
    GSP
    Jones

Though realistically I don't think he will fight GSP or Jones. So I would like to see any of these:

Sonnen
    Hendo
    Munoz
    Palhares or Weidman
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Sonnen
    Hendo
    Shogun
    erm... Nick Diaz.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Now that Shogun is fucked, Rampage VS Griffin on Fox is my guess, Thiago Silva won't be able to fight on January 28th, his suspension doesn't end until January 2nd and he's can't have a 3 week training camp.

These Sonnen VS Munoz rumours seem to be gathering a lot of pace, if the fight is the main event, then my guess is that if Sonnen wins, him and Silva will be the coaches on TUF, as the rumoured match between them is taking place in June, ironically the same month that TUF finishes. I think Sonnen might have said he doesn't want to sit out until June for a fight so he has taken this fight in January, bit of a risk from UFC to have Sonnen take another fight and possibly miss out on this big money fight.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Thiagos' suspension forbids him from training as well?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

That's what happened with Chael, I assumed it was the same thing.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm

payne i have more chance of fighting anderson then palhares

sonnen
    jones
    gsp
    hendo
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 pm

What makes you believe that?
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 pm

i rate him just as high as you and others but look at who he has fought and who he is gunna fight just middle of the road or bottom end guys when hes been stepped up hes lost both hendo and marquard marquard all be it controvertially
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:06 pm

i ave no chance by the way
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Laughing

I have to admit,I was very surprised to hear him get Massenzio for his next opponent,thought he would get someone ranked abit higher.

still the guy is 6-2 in the UFC,and he gave Hendo a very close fight,and that was only his 2nd fight in the UFC.

Once he destroys Messenzio,I think he gets a top 6ish fighter,if he wins that,then he's only a fight or two away from a shot and that still works in Andersons supposed time table of 4 more fights.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:28 pm

i guess its possible i think after he destroys mazzenzio then he will still need 2 maybe 3 decent names
    personally as good as he started against mr average in his last fight he only got a ud he needs to finish who do you think they will give him
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:31 pm

If (what am i saying, WHEN) he beats Massenzio i'd really like a big step up for him. Someone like Stann say, but i'm not sure the time frames are good. Realistically it could be the loser of Miller/Bisping, and that would be great for those of us with an inherent dislike of the Count!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:55 pm

I think Palhares is one of the three best in the world at 185 now after Anderson and Chael(and I'd actually back him to beat both). He's got the best BJJ in the division along with Maia, and he's got more submission options than Maia, but he's also got great takedowns and he's got powerful hands and a granite chin.

Hendo is only legit loss and while he hasn't been fighting top guys he's been walking through people. I think part of the reason he's not getting the big fights is because he's still on Dana's shitlist.

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 pm

he needs pushing for sure but his next fight prob wont even be on spike in us or wherever the undercard is getting showed in the new year he nned to be on main cards agaisnt names but the 2 times that has happened he has lost 1 close one cos he is mental
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Don't think that there'll be any surprises, I think the following in order -

1. Sonnen
    2. Miller
    3. Munoz
    4. Hendo @ 185

Pity that I can't see Bitchping getting past Miller, otherwise he may have been in line for a smashing.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Whilst we're on the topic of the 185 division.

Maiquel Falcao suffers heart attack, hospitalized in Brazil

"Maiquel Falcao has been fighting a really hard battle on the last days. The former UFC fighter, who recently signed a contract with Bellator, is hospitalized at Santa Casa da Misericordia of Pelotas, in Rio Grande do Sul, after suffering a heart attack during training.

“Maiquel is still on the Intensive Care Unit and might stay there for few more days, when he’ll go through a catheterization. He’s lucid and improving fast”, his manager Marcelo Brigadeiro told TATAME on Wednesday."

Wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back in the UFC one day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am