THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
Mryzyz
Sheldan
pinsman
Anfields5thKing
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Hendo vs Anderson II on Fox?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hendo vs Anderson II on Fox? Empty Hendo vs Anderson II on Fox?

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 am

Its being Rumored by all the Major MMA sites that UFC might try to get Anderson to fight on Fox if he beats Okami.

The Rumor is that they are offering Dan Henderson the fight, no weight class has been confirmend but people are leaning towards UFC offering Hendo a title fight at 185 and if he says no they will pull Sonnen from the Stann fight (possibly to be replaced by Belfort)

I know Hendo isnt wanting to make the cut to 185 any more, I think UFC should do a catchweight or a Lhw 5 round non title main event.

What are peoples thoughts on this? Dana always calls Hendo a 185er so maby he will really try and push him back down to Mw? He looked to have cardio issues most times he fights at 85 recently but Would he rather fight Anderson or Bones who looks like he is 3 weight classes bigger.

My thoughts are that Hendo would take the fight and make the cut for an immediate title shot.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Hendo vs Anderson II on Fox? Empty Re: Hendo vs Anderson II on Fox?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 am

I think Hendo takes the fight too although selfishly I hope he does not and stays at 205.

I think A Sonnen fight would make most sense at 185 for the opening Fox show If Chael can get around his wranglings with CSAC.

Ok there is little to no chance of this happening but It would be hilarious If Okami puts a spanner In the works and beats Silva this weekend.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Fertitta said:

“We don’t have a main event set yet, we’ll find out probably after this Saturday, these fights in Rio, then we’ll set a main event. But it’ll be something big. It’ll be a big fight.”
    When pushed on the possibility of pitting Silva against Henderson in a rematch of their UFC 82 clash, Fertitta added:

“I would love to do that. Anderson just needs a win.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont see Okami throwing a spanner in the works myself I dont think he has the pure agression to back Anderson up like Sonnen did.

I reckon they need to look at what devision they need contenders in.

Light Heavyweight
    ----------------------------
    Evans
    Shogun vs Forrest : Winner
    Machida vs Davis : Winner

Sonnen vs Stann : Winner
    Munoz vs Leben : Winner
    *Vitor belfort vs winner of Bisping vs Miller
    *Jacare - when SF closes next year

They dont really need Hendo to fight Anderson, the challengers to Anderson arent for the most part as good as the Challengers to Bones but thats the way the 185 and 205 devisions have always looked.

I wouldnt mind seeing Hendo stick at 205 and fight Anderson there, if he wins Anderson can still keep him belt and Hendo can get a title shot at Bones.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Hendo doesn't want to fight at 185 ever again. He wants Anderson at 205.

Sonnen will definitely fight Stann, he won't fight Anderson again without at least 1 fight beforehand.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Hendo doesn't want to fight at 185 ever again. He wants Anderson at 205.

Sonnen will definitely fight Stann, he won't fight Anderson again without at least 1 fight beforehand.

If they offer a catchweight or a 205 fight you think he will still ask for a tune up fight? would seem odd since he is coming off prehaps the best win of his career and he is on top form. Im glad he is staying at 205 because he has looked best there even when he looses his power carries up and its good for him to be a quicker fighter against bigger guys than his speed being nothing special a weight class down.

You think this is all talk then? You dont see Sonnen or Hendo fighting Anderson on the 1st Fox show?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:13 pm

I think this lies the problem with Hendo vs Silva II Hendo doesn't seem interested in fighting at 185 and Anderson doesn't want to fight 205 but when $$$ are involved could either be swayed I just don't know.

Personally I'd rather see Hendo fight Machida at 205 instead for the Fox Show (on a side note I hope someone picks the show up I doubt ESPN UK will.) To me this fight makes a lot of sense in terms of the 205 Title Picture and a pretty intriguing match up.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Shit I forgot the Fox events might not be on over here, Dana was bad mouthing ESPN too which doesnt help the chances of them showing it I suppose. This Fox deal could be a really bad deal for UK and Irish fans... Bollox
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:37 pm

It could be but I would Imagine Premier Sports/Setanta will be waiting In the wings If the Hardy vs Lytle card did alright that Is.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Well the coverage of the super rugby is shown on fox sports abroad and over here through sky... So maybe sky are going to be involved?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 pm

ESPN will show it, they're not going to turn down the chance to air stacked cards similar to PPV quality that will be airing on a Saturday night.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Hope this happens at 205lbs. There is no point in making this fight if Hendo is just going to gass after round 1.

Silva loses to Hendo then Sonnen...

GSP loses to Diaz...

Fedor and Hendo are the GOATs.

It'll be nice if it all works out like that.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Sheldan wrote:ESPN will show it, they're not going to turn down the chance to air stacked cards similar to PPV quality that will be airing on a Saturday night.

I bloody hope so mate, But with Dana's recent tirade at ESPN and the problems with Prelims and the last show I really doubt they will be doing any more business apart from the remaining cards on the current contract.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Cowboy was thinking the same about Dana bad mouthing ESPN, Im hoping it stays there because in N.Ireland Ive to fork out to get ESPN Ireland.

Mryzyz I think it will take a lot of Anderson to drop 2 back to back! Laughing Who knows though, its amazing that there are 4 active fighters now who in a handfull of fights are writing history regarding the GOAT
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Hendo doesn't want to fight at 185 ever again. He wants Anderson at 205.

If they offer a catchweight or a 205 fight you think he will still ask for a tune up fight? would seem odd since he is coming off prehaps the best win of his career and he is on top form. Im glad he is staying at 205 because he has looked best there even when he looses his power carries up and its good for him to be a quicker fighter against bigger guys than his speed being nothing special a weight class down.

You think this is all talk then? You dont see Sonnen or Hendo fighting Anderson on the 1st Fox show?

No, I see Lesnar on the first card if they can get him ready in time. They'll want their biggest draw, and for good or bad, that's Brock.

Hendo could fight Anderson at 205 on the card, but he told me he doesn't want to fight at 185 again because the cut is too hard at 40. In fairness to Hendo, at 204 pounds that he fights at, he walks around at that weight and he trains hard every day and is in superb shape. He's cutting about 10lbs of muscle to get to 185.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Cowboy was thinking the same about Dana bad mouthing ESPN, Im hoping it stays there because in N.Ireland Ive to fork out to get ESPN Ireland.

Mryzyz I think it will take a lot of Anderson to drop 2 back to back! Laughing Who knows though, its amazing that there are 4 active fighters now who in a handfull of fights are writing history regarding the GOAT

If Anderson's next 3 results turn out to be losing his belt to Okami, losing at 205 to Hendo and losing a number 1 contenders fight to Sonnen, then Hendo with a victory over Anderson and 1 more big win could jump him in the GOAT standings.

Heard a rumour yesterday that Hendo wants Big Nog for their rubber match, and wants a shot at Little Nog. He never mentioned either of these when I spoke with him but their could be some truth to it. I'm heading to Team Quest in October to train for a few days and prick around for a few days in late October so I'll annoy him about his plans then.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Cowboy was thinking the same about Dana bad mouthing ESPN, Im hoping it stays there because in N.Ireland Ive to fork out to get ESPN Ireland.

If Anderson's next 3 results turn out to be losing his belt to Okami, losing at 205 to Hendo and losing a number 1 contenders fight to Sonnen, then Hendo with a victory over Anderson and 1 more big win could jump him in the GOAT standings.

Heard a rumour yesterday that Hendo wants Big Nog for their rubber match, and wants a shot at Little Nog. He never mentioned either of these when I spoke with him but their could be some truth to it. I'm heading to Team Quest in October to train for a few days and prick around for a few days in late October so I'll annoy him about his plans then.

Nice one mate it would be cool to hear what he has to say. In fairness one of the best things he could do for his legacy is to avenge old losses.

Rampage and Lil Nog are both at 205 I want to see him stay at 205, Hendo is coming off a bigger win than Anderson so Anderson should do an old man a favor and not make him cut if he wants a bigger test.

I dont know about Big Nog ever happening though its a rematch id kill to see.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

If I was Hendo, I'd fight Anderson at 195 or 205, if I win that I'd get a shot at the LHW title, if I won that then I'd pester the brass for a Heavyweight title shot, and if I didn't get that then retire.

Dunno why he would want Nog. He just beat Fedor. Only Anderson Silva and UFC gold can add to his legacy at this point.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:32 pm

More often than not, when the UFC targets a future fight where one of the fighters has to win another fight first, they won't win that fight. Therefore.....

...AND THE NEW UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION YUSHIN OKAMI!

Also, happy 41st birthday Hendo Very Happy
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:24 am

I have a feeling, especially after watching the Countdown show, that Okami is going to do it too....
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:01 am

that's exactly what the countdown show wants you to think though....! Very Happy
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Dana says 100% that Anderson isnt fighting on the Fox show but he did confirm his next opponent will either be Sonnen or Hendo.

Hendo's managment said he will only cut to 185 for a fight with Anderson... looks like we could see him back as a Middleweight, id kill for him to beat Anderson for the belt.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:07 pm

I dont want to see Hendo at 185lb even against Anderson. Win, lose or draw tomorrow i think Anderson should fight Sonnen next. Unless Anderson wins tomorrow and Sonnen loses to Stann....

I'd love to see Hendo-Machida or Hendo-Shogun though.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm the same,i don't want to see Hendo back at 185,he looked poor there compared with how good he's looked at 205.
    I want to see him fight his last fights at the weight he looks most comfortable at,and the weight he puts on his best performances at,205.

Give Hendo a chance to have a run at the 205 belt,there's loads of good fights for him there,even if he loses,there's plenty of other fighters and challengers I'd be more than happy watching him face,where as if he fights at MW and loses to Anderson,i can't think of any other fighters there I'd be over fussed to see him fight at MW.

The Anderson fight for Hendo isn't in his best interests if you ask me,(unless he beat him that is,but I can't see that happening at 185)fighting in the UFC's 205 division would be a better career move IMO.
    If Hendo hadn't of just beat Fedor,nobody would be that bothered about seeing hendo and Anderson rematch.
    I think this is just a case of the UFC being very confident that Anderson will beat Hendo again at 185 and that would just reinforce all there criticisms of Fedor and back up there claims further that Anderson has been the true GOAT all along.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am